How much weight have you gained?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Veteran
I'm a little concerned because I decided to do the unthinkable and weigh myself yesterday (I usually close my eyes at dr weigh ins) and have gained almost 40lbs already!! I'm only 25 weeks and do NOT want to gain 70lbs like I did with my first. I don't eat alot, rarely indulge in chocolate etc.

I know we are pregnant and are supposed to enjoy this time, worry later. But I can't help but feel like a fat lard. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, finally reaching a comfortable weight in the last few years. This is really upsetting me mentally.

Any ideas how to slow down the weight gain, if possible???

February 14th, 2012, 01:56 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
20 pounds!!! Ahhh!

February 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
16 pounds so far, not happy either since I started out too high.
I know what I could do- which is lay off the chocolate and other carbs.

Not sure what else other than eat healthy and move when you can.

February 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
15 lbs give or take a few. I don't have much advice...this is such a touchy issue and I think many women are kind of bullied in a way about gaining too much weight. If you are concerned maybe just make a commitment to eat healthy foods and get moderate exercise like walking several times each week.
Jennmarie likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 14th, 2012, 02:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gained 23 lbs. I would say just try to eat healthy and get in some exercise but again you are pregnant so weight gain is fine. Maybe talk to your dr and see if he is concerned.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 22 wk i had gained 13. i have an appt next week but id guess im up about 16lbs so far.

[IMG][/IMG]

February 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
25 weeks and up 22Ibs not bad I'd suppose with Twins.

[SIZE="3"]

February 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 95lbs at the beginning of this pregnancy, and the last time I weighed myself on a scale that worked I weighed 118-122. Sooooo, 23-27lbs. Meh.
February 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
18 lbs!

February 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MJ* View Post
I was 95lbs at the beginning of this pregnancy, and the last time I weighed myself on a scale that worked I weighed 118-122. Sooooo, 23-27lbs. Meh.
You're tiny.

February 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup! Still have high hopes for my vbac? LOL. If it were up to me, I would sit at 105lbs. But I don't ovulate at 105lbs. I ovulate at 95lbs. PCOS. Kind of crazy, right!? I am only 5 feet tall and have small bones. I think my wedding ring size is a 3.
February 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I'm like the Hulk compared to you.

You can do it. Hopefully!

February 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gah!! No doctor has ever said my pelvis is too small, but my current OB did say that people my size usually have 6lb babies. So for me 7lb 5oz was considered big. I hope I'm not screwed! Oh my vagina is now hurting in anticipation, lol
February 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
now I am all paranoid again! aghhhh! But I measured my hips and they are 36 inches, so that seems pretty normal. And believe me I WISH I was some tall, birthing hipped woman. Better then always being mistaken for a 16 year old - on a good day!

And I gained like 60lbs with my first and want to keep it to 35-40 this time. Just being realistic. I know I can't keep it at 20lb gain.
February 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I've had very small friends that birthed bigger babies. Try not to worry about your size. The body can be very accommodating!
*MJ* likes this.

February 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I'm like the Hulk compared to you.

You can do it. Hopefully!
ME TOO!

February 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MJ* View Post
now I am all paranoid again! aghhhh! But I measured my hips and they are 36 inches, so that seems pretty normal. And believe me I WISH I was some tall, birthing hipped woman. Better then always being mistaken for a 16 year old - on a good day!

And I gained like 60lbs with my first and want to keep it to 35-40 this time. Just being realistic. I know I can't keep it at 20lb gain.
You sound like me . I am petite and gained 50lbs with Chase and am doing much better on the weight gain this time. 50lbs in that short amount of time is hard on a small frame!!! And just to make you feel a tad better, I have narrow hips and I pushed out an 8lb 2oz kiddo with a 99% head..

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukimama View Post
I'm a little concerned because I decided to do the unthinkable and weigh myself yesterday (I usually close my eyes at dr weigh ins) and have gained almost 40lbs already!! I'm only 25 weeks and do NOT want to gain 70lbs like I did with my first. I don't eat alot, rarely indulge in chocolate etc.

I know we are pregnant and are supposed to enjoy this time, worry later. But I can't help but feel like a fat lard. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, finally reaching a comfortable weight in the last few years. This is really upsetting me mentally.

Any ideas how to slow down the weight gain, if possible???
Thank you for this post. I've always been a tall skinny girl, and when I get pregnant I gain LOTS of weight (61 with my first, 50 with my second, 50 with my third). It is so psychologically scarring. I honestly think about it almost all the time, and it makes me crazy. No matter what I do, I gain 2-3 pounds a week after the first 16 weeks. I'm already up 31 pounds, and I am only 26 weeks along. I'm afraid this one is going to be another 60 pound pregnancy.

It almost all comes off after about a year, but it seriously consumes me with anxiety. Every. Time. I want to weep when I think about it.
February 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
You sound like me . I am petite and gained 50lbs with Chase and am doing much better on the weight gain this time. 50lbs in that short amount of time is hard on a small frame!!! And just to make you feel a tad better, I have narrow hips and I pushed out an 8lb 2oz kiddo with a 99% head..
That does make me feel better Especially the 99% head part.
February 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
11 lbs so far

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search