Lunch ideas?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 11:12 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what are you ladies having for lunch these days? I work FT so i bring my lunch everyday and seriously its either pb&j or a can of spaghettos. I try to stay away from frozen meals like lean cuisines and lunch meats since were not suppossed to eat them cold. Help me please! Im hungry!! ;-)

[IMG][/IMG]

February 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lucky that there are a lot of fairly inexpensive lunch options near work and my coworkers go out to eat often. I eat a lot of spaghetti with spicy tomato sauce and a side order of broccoli since that's the closest restaurant. There's also a lot of ethnic restaurants around, which is awesome because most curries etc make great leftovers for dinner too.

When I bring lunch to work, it's usually leftovers. I like making a big batch of lasagna or chili and then eating it throughout the week.
February 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been hooked on BLT's lately and they are easy to make in the office. I just cook my bacon in the microwave and add tomato and lettuce. I've also been eating alot of soup lately since it's been cold.

I also cook dinner most nights so when we have leftovers I will bring those. I know how hard it is to find something to bring to work to eat.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
do you have a microwave? I like to make a big meal over the weekend and take leftovers. I am not a fan of typical lunch foods. lasagna is one of my favorites because it reheats well.

February 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
If i didn't bring a lunch I would go to Cousins and order a loaded veggie sub with cheese and dressing and maybe chips. Yummy.

How about bringing cheese, crackers and grapes and maybe some cherry tomatoes with ranch. Don't forget some dessert.

And of course left overs.
February 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually take dinner leftovers like soups or chili, lasagna, spaghetti/meatballs, etc. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps. I also like to take a piece of fruit and depending what I'm eating some pretzels/crackers and string cheese, etc. Whatever is quick and easy to put together the night before since in the mornings I don't care to pack a lunch!

February 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do a little of everything-DH and I both get a weekly spending cash for gas/food. I try to mostly take from home, and I take a bit of everything-this week I've had brunswick stew, leftover pizza, and leftover quesadillas. A lot of times I will go on Monday and buy some things from the grocery store to keep at work to eat-"easy mac", snacks etc., and I still do hot pockets/frozen meals occasionally as well. And once a week or so I end up going out for lunch, either for fast food or with coworkers to a local mid-price place ie$10-$12 for lunch-American food or a japanese place, usually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search