Are you smelly?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a paranoia of being really smelly. In not so great places. Basically, I am afraid I have swampass all the time. But how can you tell? I can't sniff my own butt. It's like this irrational fear that I can't shake. And not just back there, but you know, I feel like my woo-hoo is just potent. And I bathe twice a day!

Plus the BO is crazy. I remember it being so much worse post partum, but it's no pick-nic now either. One armpit reeks, and the other smells like nothing. It's always a different smell too. Always food related. No wonder I have no appetite. And I also noticed that I now smell like my husband smells when he sweats. How gross is that!? His dna is permeating my body!

Hope I didn't make anyone throw up.

Pregnancy is gross :/
February 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HAHAHA, I just realized how dumb that sounded. Of course you can tell if you have swampass. If it's swampy back there, you've got it!
February 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH! this just made me laugh a lot. I just took a shower so I should not be stinky right now. but yes I am very smelly and it grosses me out. the postpartum stench is the Worst though.

February 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes pp is the worst. I remember telling my husband to keep a good 3 feet from me at all times, and to never ever EVER bend over near me. I didn't want his nose to ever go below my chin, because form the chin down I was just a stinky mess. Definitely not looking forward to that again. I smelled like lochia, hormones, sweat, sour milk and baby vomit all at the same time. Real sexy.
mamaleddie likes this.
February 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You never fail to make me laugh. But now you have me paranoid. I haven't noticed myself smelling but now I'm wondering if I do smell and I just can't smell myself.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is the funniest post ever! I don't *think* I smell worse now...I did not enjoy the lochia smell after giving birth though, that was just a strong/heavy scent to me.

February 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted something similar a few months ago I think. I have never had this problem with my other pregnancies. But with this one I have a gross vaginal odor. I'm so paranoid about it. I shower like crazy because of it. I'm also worried DH will get grossed out.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I suppose it could just be me with smelliness issues. Perhaps a 3rd shower a day is in order.

Maybe you could sort of do a squat and waft to gauge your degree of stink. Just don't let anyone catch you doing it!
February 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I will just say this... you are not alone in your smelliness

February 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly can't tell if I smell or if I'm just having sensory hallucinations.

I didn't know there was going to be a postpartum smell!
February 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
aka shawna
i think our canine sense of smell has a lot to do with it. but i also think there is a pregnancy linger, and it ain't hot. i bathe twice a day as well. but this, is because once my hubby did catch a whiff of me, and i asked him what i smelt like and he could not hold his laughter in and replied with " you, but mulitiplied into infinity."

i think those vitamins could be the culprit. or at least thats what i tell myself so i sleep better at night.
February 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
I honestly can't tell if I smell or if I'm just having sensory hallucinations.

I didn't know there was going to be a postpartum smell!
Yeah, btdt moms conveniently don't tell you that!! Good news is, it is only really truly foul for about a week or two. Don't be surprised if your DH would rather go hold the baby then be anywhere near your stink vicinity. I'd invest in some nose-plugs for DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicknlittle View Post
i think our canine sense of smell has a lot to do with it. but i also think there is a pregnancy linger, and it ain't hot. i bathe twice a day as well. but this, is because once my hubby did catch a whiff of me, and i asked him what i smelt like and he could not hold his laughter in and replied with " you, but mulitiplied into infinity."

i think those vitamins could be the culprit. or at least thats what i tell myself so i sleep better at night.
HA! That is pretty funny! And I think totally accurate. My DH doesn't know how to respond. But I know he smells something. I told him though, I don't want to smell like butt so he had better tell me if I ever do. That's just a good rule to have in general.
imdawn likes this.
February 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel weird, because I really didn't notice a major smell after either of my births. But I am very paranoid about what I smell like. I notice a more pronounced smell from myself; not like a bad/gross/infected smell; just a more noticeable "me". I don't like it..at ALL. Pregnancy is generally pretty gross.

February 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
when I get feeling stinky I smell my pants lol if they stink I change everything from the waist down Luckily it doesnt happen too much but my pits are quite stinky lately

February 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now there's an idea!

And I was totally joking about pp smell being that bad. It really isn't that bad. I mean, nose plugs might be overkill
February 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
From the waist down I worry all the time. I wash a couple of times a day and maybe even change undies after strenuous activity. (aka, walking the dog or yoga)...

it's horrible
February 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I smell too but I always felt like that when AF was in town too so I don't know if it is just paranoia or if it is warrented. I know for a fact that I have discharge like you wouldn't believe since becoming pregnant. I started wearing thin pads to keep it out of my underwear otherwise, they weren't coming clean. Sorry. TMI for sure.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
My bo and nether regions seem ok. I guess it is a little more smelly down there sometimes, but it doesn't smell "bad" just stronger, but only when I take my clothes off, I don't think people can smell it when I'm clothed lol. BUT....my FEET smell when I am pregnant!! When I'm not pregnant I have never had smelly feet. Both pregnancies have caused my feet to be stinky though, during the pregnancy LOL. Gross. I hate smelly feet. I have been fabreeze-ing my shoes!!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
February 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Just stalking in from the Aug. DDC and I happened to see this thread. Now I'm wondering if the BTDT mommies have been holding out on us with the smelly stuff I too have always thought I was more smelly during AF and have always been the one to wash a lot more around then and make sure everything was clean. But now you all have me worried about this. When did you start noticing it? I know depending on what I eat and how much water I drink, my urine gets different smells, and some are not that great, almost like a smell I get when I'm on certain pills. But it only lasts a day or so tops. I do wear thin pantie liners because of all the CM I've had since getting PG. That keeps my undies clean, but some days if I think it might be a little stronger I change the panties again too. I shower once a day so far. But a lot of days I'll also wash again down there. And what about this postpartum smell you're talking about? Does that happen to everyone? Vaginal birth as well as C-section? Now I'm worried

February 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya, I'm totally stinkier, lololol..Aaron and I are both very olfactory people..we sniff everything, including each other all the time...I can't hide ANYTHING from him! Good thing I know he loves me, and my stink, ahahaa, specially when he calls me fishy or swampy! I just smile and remind him he loves my stink! I on the other hand can't stand it! I use powder 'down under' to keep it dry, and stronger deoderant as well..Never really noticed an afterbirth stench, but will pay more attention this time!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search