Spider veins..

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not stretch marks on my belly- but I have little teeny spider veins on my tummy popping up! anyone?????

February 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got these with Chase and they are popping up again with Cole. They disappeared after Chase tho so I don't know if they are really spider veins?? Aren't spider veins permanent? These are like thread-thin and very short in length..is that what yours are like?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 16th, 2012, 05:12 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Ive never had them before, so i dont know much, but i googled real quick and found this:

Spider Veins:

What are these? Spider veins, also known as spider nevi, are minute reddish tiny blood vessels that branch outward. These spider veins are also caused by the increase in blood circulation. They will usually appear on the face, neck, upper chest and arms. Spider veins do not hurt and usually disappear shortly after delivery. Spider veins appear more often in Caucasian women than in African American women.

What can I do? Increasing your vitamin C intake and not crossing your legs can help minimize spider veins. Spider veins may also be hereditary, in which case there is nothing you can do to prevent them. Fortunately, these will most likely fade shortly after delivery. Laser treatment can also be done to help remove any spider veins that have not faded away.

Maybe try adding a little bit of Vit. C, or consult your OB first.
February 16th, 2012, 05:54 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have lots of veins in my tummy that you can see but I think it is just because of the increased blood volume. I think after the birth and your blood volume goes back down to normal they will disappear. Atleast that's what happened when I was pregnant with Jackson so hopefully the same will happen for you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much, girls.. And yes exactly! They are short, and super thin (threadlike) at the top of my tummy and some on the sides.. I noticed one or two around 15-16 weeks and now it's like 8 of em all over!

February 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a little cluster of them just on my left side.
February 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have some around my belly button.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have random clusters of them. particularly on my thighs. and some between my belly and boobs. .not to be a downer but mine didn't go away between pregnancies . but they run in my family so that is probably it for me. I'm just doomed to have vienyness.

February 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think they will go away after you have the baby. I have some light ones here and there, but not from pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search