Getting tubes tied??

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So i had a conversation with my OB about getting my tubes tied. I am getting a c-section, so he said if i had wanted to, it would be good to do it then. I know that i don't want to ever have children again after this one. This is my second, and having been through a high risk pregnancy each time, i just don't think i can go through all again.

Anyway, the doc got me thinking that if something were to happen to one of my kids, i may want to get pregnant again. And the procedure is irreversible. That got me thinking. It's a big decision, and i find myself now going back and forth with it. But in my heart, i do know i will never want to bare children again.

Anyone else thinking about getting the tubes tied?
February 16th, 2012, 04:19 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I am not. I'm also done having babies, but I'm just not willing to do anything permanent yet. I feel like if I still want no kids in 2-3 years then DH can get a vasectomy.

I think this will be our plan, honestly.

February 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am
February 16th, 2012, 11:11 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I planned on it until doctors and friends told me periods would be alot heavier and more painful. So hubby is getting snipped instead.

Dr did urge us to wait a year though just in case something like SIDS happened or we lost a child some way, we may want another. But with hubby getting snipped it would be easier to take his sperm and do ivf if that were to happen than vise versa.

Something to think about.

}
February 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep we were decided to get my tubes done this time... but it sat so uncomfortably with me.. Although I know we are probably done.. It just seems soo permanent... so we have decided not to afterall... I am sure everyone thinks we are nuts.. but we don't care... NOT getting done is sitting alot better with me..

February 17th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm scared of having a 4th surprise baby; but the finality of getting my tubes tied freaks me out. I haven't decided what I want to do yet. I hate, hate, hate birth control though, and idk if Ross will go for the big V or not. Still trying to decide I guess.

February 17th, 2012, 06:07 AM
GG1995's Avatar Super Mommy
I am. I am 35 and we will have one of each when Lexi gets here, so we are done. I am having a c-section, so they are going to do it while they are in there. My mom and my sister had their tubes tied and they never had any trouble with their periods afterwards. It is a chance I am willing to take because we are soooo done! LOL
Baby #2 Our Baby Girl (Due in May 31, 2012) Miss Lexi Jaylee

Forever Missing our Angel Baby
who went to Heaven on August 13, 2011
February 17th, 2012, 06:40 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I"m not. Not sure if we are done, but i'd have DH get the V instead of me.
February 17th, 2012, 06:41 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I plan on either having a vaginal tubal ligation after this one. My doctors office does them in office- you just get a valium to relax and I think a little pain med just in case.

I'm 41, and with all the losses we have had, we are done. This is our last miracle baby. We really wanted two and just aren't willing to take any of the additional risks. I'm having it done mainly because of insurance. I will have met my deductible- while DH won't have.

February 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm having mine done at the same time as my c-section.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been considering it this whole pregnancy. Just when I think I am sure I'm going to do it, I read about tubal ligation syndrome or other problems. I don't know if I want to risk problems. I am having a c section so they will be right in there. My OB said I could do it then or do Essure in his office which seems to be most effective. DH doesn't want me to chance it. Yet he is saying if he does a V it will be more than likely a year from now. He doesn't want to spend the extra money. We are very done and Because of my serious depression issues I can't use any hormonal birth control. And I just don't want to mess with an IUD again. I had one for a few months after my youngest was born but had it removed. At this point I am leaning more towards not doing one. But I know that could change.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
My husband and I know we only want two children. I too am having a repeat c-section with baby #2, so my OB presented the same option. After discussion with my husband, we have decided to not have tubes tied following the c-section and when baby is a year old, if everything is going well, he will be the one to have a vasectomy.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search