2 vessel cord anyone?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 02:53 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
We went in for another dr requested us on valentines day. Upon watching the tech I saw her type "2 vessel cord" on the screen as she did her measurements for the doctor. I remember wondering what is that? But just kept watching. Well I have been reading up on it online.....not sure if that's the best thing to do....and I see a bunch of scary things that could happen all due to a 2 vessel cord.

So my question is, have any of you had this with previous pregnancies or with current?

Do they consider you high risk now?
Did your dr go over all of the abnormalities that can arise?

Also, I've seen that they have you go for multiple us, including a level 3?? To monitor and measure growth, fluid and cord as well as non stress tests every few weeks once you hit a certain point. Did you have a similar testing regimen?

I go in to see my ob next tues but in the mean time I thought I'd get some hands on info from you guys. Just worried....

}
February 17th, 2012, 05:07 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't have any info for you, but thinking about you! Try not to worry too much until you are able to talk to the doc. The internet is so great at giving the worst case scenario! Hopefully someone here can give you the real-life version

February 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I remember Becky saying that her little boy had a 2 vessel cord, so hopefully she will chime in with more info. I think I remember her saying that they would just monitor baby a bit more. I'm sure your little boy will be fine.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I *think* it is a soft marker for some problems (like the possibility of a heart defect); but in like 95% of the times it happens, it doesn't mean anything. I had a friend who had that in her last pregnancy; and they tested her for a few things and monitored the baby a little closer; but it turned out to be nothing. "Dr. Google" doesn't always have the answers, try not to get too freaked out. I'm sure if they thought it was a major issue, they wouldn't have put it off until your next appointment. (((HUGS))) Its so scary when something is "off/wrong".

February 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
The Internet can be your best friend or your worst enemy lol

}
February 17th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennmarie View Post
I *think* it is a soft marker for some problems (like the possibility of a heart defect); but in like 95% of the times it happens, it doesn't mean anything. I had a friend who had that in her last pregnancy; and they tested her for a few things and monitored the baby a little closer; but it turned out to be nothing. "Dr. Google" doesn't always have the answers, try not to get too freaked out. I'm sure if they thought it was a major issue, they wouldn't have put it off until your next appointment. (((HUGS))) Its so scary when something is "off/wrong".
That's what I'm kinda hoping. But the place that did it, won't even have it to my doctor until "possibly" today. And then my apt is tues anyway so not sure. I'll be praying I don't get a phone call lol

I keep reading that it can lead to growth restriction. Which makes me wonder because I had that with Lilly and had to have tons of us and stress tests. I wonder if it's possible she had the same thing. Sometimes I wonder if we know too much now a days. We know good and bad heart rates, fluid amounts, cord info. And to think, our moms never had any of this stuff. It's amazing how great technology has changed and how much info is out there to educate ourselves with today.

}
February 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I can tell you my friend's son had a 2 vessel cord. He was 5 lbs 10 oz at 40 weeks. It was a case of just not being able to be nourished in the last few weeks because the cord couldn't keep up with his growth. He actually did better on the outside. No other health issues, but she had no idea until he was born. I guess they missed it on ultrasound or something.

February 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Smaller baby wouldn't be so bad. Less painful pushing! Lol jk.

}
February 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
yeah Liam has a 2 vessel cord right now, I never have been nor am I classified as high risk. The biggest worries are growth restriction and heart problems. Liams heart has looked perfect so far and he is definitely growing, my fundal height is 3 weeks ahead so no problems. I do have an extra u/s coming up at 32 weeks, they never said what level it was but it is a growth scan and another check of his heart, but other than that I haven't had any extra monitoring since my anatomy scan. They have not mention anything about NSTs yet so I don't know. They also said that although it can be a soft marker for downs, my blood test said that would pretty much be impossible and they trust that way more.
I think every provider will respond to it differently so you will just have to see what yours says obviously but mine have not been concerned one bit.
Im sure all will be fine for you guys good luck. Try not to worry.

February 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
These babies usually do get monitored a little more, but most of them are born just fine without issues. Hope that helps! I've never seen a baby with a 2vc that had problems.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search