Are there any dates you don't want to deliver on? Or any you do?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was lurking on some of the other DDCs around us and someone had posted asking if there were any dates that people did not want to deliver on. Do you have any? Any dates you'd love to deliver on?

~~~~~~~
I hit 37 weeks on 4/20 and I really do not want to go into labor that day. It's probably just because I live in the Bay Area, but 4/20 is such a marijuana celebration day here that I've already had a ton of people tease me about having the baby that day.

As for dates that I'd love to go into labor on, there are a few. Both Lily and Violet happen to be born on the birthdays of people really close to me (Lily on my mom's best friend's bday who is like another mom to me, and Vi on my dad's birthday). My brother's birthday is 4/21, mine is 4/22 and then 5/1 and 5/2 are two of my cousins' birthdays that I'm super close with. I just think it'd be fun if baby came on special birthday like the girls both did. I have some other birthdays towards the end of May (5/20 is my stepdad, etc), but then baby would be like 41.5 weeks and I'd probably be cranky at that point since I've never gone past 39 weeks

ETA: and I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this and now baby will come on 4/20 With Vi, both my sister and I kept saying it'd be great if she came on my dad's bday, but we assumed she wouldn't because we wanted it so badly, but she was born on it!

February 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would prefer not to have the baby on her due date, May 22 - because it's Kate's birthday! I'd like them to have separate days. Other than that it's fine. (Although my other weird thing is that I really would prefer an even numbered day, not an odd one. That's just my OCD talking though, LOL!)

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
the 17th! Kaiya was born on June 17th, and died on November 17th... so the 17th of any month is just bad for us. It isn't likely that it will be 4/17 because that is a quite a bit early still...but it is quite possible. I pray it isn't that day!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
February 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiyaRae'sMomma View Post
the 17th! Kaiya was born on June 17th, and died on November 17th... so the 17th of any month is just bad for us. It isn't likely that it will be 4/17 because that is a quite a bit early still...but it is quite possible. I pray it isn't that day!
I can see why the 17th would be hard!

February 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I REALLY hope it isn't the 17th for you.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmagic View Post
I would prefer not to have the baby on her due date, May 22 - because it's Kate's birthday! I'd like them to have separate days. Other than that it's fine. (Although my other weird thing is that I really would prefer an even numbered day, not an odd one. That's just my OCD talking though, LOL!)
I prefer even numbered days as well!

February 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do NOT want to deliver on April 27th.... it's a hated aunt's birthday, I don't want my baby to share her birthday.

bad, I know.

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
February 18th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Veteran
Our baby is due May 22nd, and my dad's b-day is May 25th, and my sister's son turns 18 on May 28th. If our girl is born that week, it will be the most birthday-filled week of the year for my family. I'd prefer that our daughter doesn't share a birthday, but I guess it would be easy for everyone to remember if she does. We don't have a huge family, but by coincidence one of my nieces and my husband share a birthday, and I have a cousin who was born on our uncle's birthday- so by random chance it would be weird if in an extended family with about 25 people we ended up with 3 shared birthdays.
February 18th, 2012, 10:18 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
May is a great month for us...my only hope is that I not deliver earlier than May (since that would mean that baby was born a bit sooner than ideal)
February 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would prefer not to deliver on the 24th, which is my daughters birthday. That would mean he would be 12 days late. Doesn't sound so nice.

I also would not like him born on my MIL's birthday, but since I don't want that so much, it will probably happen!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

February 18th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm due May 1, but I would really like baby to be born after my birthday on the 11th. I just feel like I'll have a better birthday with the baby in than out. Call me selfish, but I would really prefer baby to NOT come ON my birthday. I think the 12th or the 14 would be good days. Since it's a boy, he's suppose to be born on an even numbered per Hmong culture.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My birthday is April 28th, so it's a possibility, especially given the fact that Chase was just about that early. I think that would be cool. Other interesting days that could happen given my due date are cinco de mayo, my brother's bday on the 8th, and mother's day.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 19th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
My due date is May 13th which is Mother's Day so that would be very cool. My brother's birthday is April 28th which would be just a little too early for my liking. May 5th is my Aunt's birthday and May 11th will be my nephew's 2nd birthday. I would prefer baby doesn't share any of those days.

I don't know if it's a factor or not but my mother and MIL delivered on time with all of their pregnancies so I'm kind of expecting to follow the same pattern.
February 19th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I'm in a very unique situaton. My due date is May 26th. My birthday and also Mothers Day this year is May 13th. My 10 year wedding anniversary is on June 1. As long as she skips those days I'll be happy. The end of May is going to be a very busy time for us!
February 19th, 2012, 05:29 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Im good with anytime Mid-May and on through the end of may. Any earlier and i would be a wreck, and when we start getting into June im going to be miserably overdue, so yea, lol

As for certain dates, nope, i really dont care. i know my MIL and SIL bdays are in may, but i think it is more the beginning of may ( horrible that i dont know for sure, right, lol) But if they ended up being on those dates, i wouldnt care.
February 19th, 2012, 05:39 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom's birthday is either the 20th or 18th of May. I always forget which since my mom told me the story of how my grandma celebrated my mom's birthday on the wrong day for several years of her life. So now, I can never remember which of those days is the right one. I just looked it up, it's the 18th. So the 18th would be a good day, because then I would never forget Mom's birthday!

School will get out, at earliest, on the 17th and we have a workday on the 18th. So, if we have no more snow days, the 19th would be the earliest I'm done with work. Though, I am strongly considering taking leave about two weeks before school gets out. Long story short, I don't want to go into labor at school, or when I'm expected to be there the next day. I would rather have all my loose ends tied up.

Quote:
Crossing my fingers for you Andrea!

February 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I would like to go one week overdue and have the baby on my late Grandpa's birthday, June 4th. Especially since we are using his name as this baby's middle name.

February 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I could not ask for more.
I'm due May 26th. I would of loved for May 6th bc my son is March 6th but I don't really want her coming 20 days early. I like to skip the 13th bc A) it's mothers day and B) her birthday will fall on a Friday the 13th. My DH's late grandma passed away on the 22nd so I don't want baby on that day. Then my birthday is May 27th and I'd like to get as far away from my birthday as I can... I want Aubrey to have her own special day! I'm thinking my csection will be on May 18th (Friday before I turn 39 weeks) so that day works for me. I'm going to push for that day since my MIL could watch our son all weekend while DH stays with baby and I at the hospital. Then my parents are coming to visit on Monday when I'll be discharged (as long as both baby and I are okay) I just really hope if she comes early for whatever reason she is born in MAY! I love May since its my birthday month and I'd like to share the month with her.

Last edited by Mommy2Aiden369; February 19th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
February 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I don't have any dates that we "don't " want.

We specifically started ttc when we did so that our baby would be born in may to space birthdays out.

My lmp puts due date at 5/28. But no dr has ever gone by that. Instead my due date has always been adjusted to 5/18 based on sonograms.
So either of those days would be cool.

If I had him on may 12, that's our original anniversary date of when hubby asked me to be his Gf @ Disneyland many years ago.

But then if I got to have him on the 14th I'd never forget dates! Lilly was born 1/14 and then this would be 5/14. Different months, same day.
That would be pretty cool!

}
February 19th, 2012, 08:57 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Well I am scheduled to deliver on April 23rd at 39 weeks, but I have had two of my kids at 38 weeks, and that week I do not want to deliver of April 16th as I have 3 friend's birthdays that day, and April 19th is also a no due to it being the anniversary date of the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search