Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mimi81
  • 1 Post By *MJ*
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By Sarah7181
  • 1 Post By muffin300
  • 1 Post By chicknlittle
  • 1 Post By Jennmarie
  • 2 Post By LCB2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
l

Last edited by NotDoneBaking; July 4th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
February 20th, 2012, 11:19 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea whether it'd be functional, but it sure looks neat!
February 20th, 2012, 11:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's a neat chair and if you think it would work for you, I say go for it. We bought a glider when I was pregnant and it was the one thing I wish I hadn't wasted my money on. Other BTDT mommies may disagree with me but we just didn't use ours. It made breastfeeing uncomfortable. I mostly just sat on my couch to nurse and we rocked baby to sleep in his swing when he needed to be rocked to sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had no use for my glider, I found it uncomfortable & impractical. I wish I had gotten the armchair type instead.
February 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
You need something easy to get in and out of with a baby in your arms! Not sure if that one would be stable enough. Looks cool though!

February 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you can get in and out easily then I'd get it.

We just used an old rocking chair (my grandmothers), but I rarely used it. I mainly just nursed in bed, on the couch, in other chairs, etc. neither girl cared much about being rocked.

February 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
We used a big plush armchair that also rocked, although it was usually too far back in the corner to rock. I loved how soft and comfortable it was, and that I could lean back in it. It also had really wide, soft arms which helped to prop up my arm while breastfeeding in the middle of the night.
February 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I would prefer a lazyboy but that looks neat.
February 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I thought a glider was a must have with Allison, but after she arrived, I never used it! I prefered to sit in the recliner or on the couch to BF. She didn't like being rocked to sleep at night and during the day she prefered to be in her swing.

If you like the hanging chair then get it. The one thing about motherhood I have learned is what works for one mom or one baby, doesn't always work for the next mom or baby!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I much prefer a recliner, overstuff couch chair type thing. I had a glider, but i hated nursing in it overnight. It was uncomfortable, so i eventualy brought a chair from our other room that was super soft and comfy for overnight feeds, one that i could doze off in while he was nursing at 3am, not one that had me completely upright, lol.

Honestly that chair looks like it wold be a hassle at 3am, when your already tired and groggy. It looks like you have to hold the chair still to get in and out, and when you trying to creep back to the crib, it might make it a pain.

What if you found an overstuffed chair or recliner in a funky pattern to match the babies room? Or even in your own room if you want to nurse in there? You dont have to resort to just a glider.
February 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
k

Last edited by NotDoneBaking; July 4th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
February 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVED having a glider. I still use it now with my 22mo old! That chair looks cool but I'd go with a glider or bigger type chair first.
NotDoneBaking likes this.

[IMG][/IMG]

February 20th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved my glider. Although I nursed for 14 months, and once he got a bit bigger I did wack his head on the arm rest of the glider a few times. That made me feel pretty crappy! I say whatever you find comfortable, get it. If you have doubts, don't get it. That's what I would do anyways. I tried out rocking chairs, regular chairs, gliders and such when pregnant and huge. If I could get out of it when I had a big ole belly and it was comfortable, then I figured I could get out of it holding a newborn. The couch was cumbersome for me to nurse in b/c I am so short.

I think the chair looks cool!
February 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It looks cool, but I think it would be hard to get in and out of.
February 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When you pick a chair, make sure you pick something you can stand up out of with no hands and make no jossling or noise. That is key. I usually just used the couch, haha or the bed. But we have a rocking chair in the nursery that gets use occasionally if baby needs to get away to wind down. And check space.
February 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that chair is so awesome! however, when it comes to feeding a baby what I wanted most in the middle of the night was plush arm rests and something that reclined a bit would have been amazing. I had just a regular glider and it got the job done.. but a couple of the other ladies mentioned lazy boy style chairs. and I have to admit I kind of envy that.

February 20th, 2012, 02:13 PM
aka shawna
i like it, but that would make me motion sick. but anything that moves does.

a cheaper route would be to use your bed or couch, wherever you are really.. my sister's child is 20 monthes and he just grabs her boob whenever he wants it. a chair seems obsolete.
February 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that the biggest thing is to try and think about when you want to use it/how you want to use it. If you are thinking somewhere to nurse and only nurse there, it needs to be super comfy for you; and like the other ladies said; easy to get up/out of quietly with very little movement/jostling around. (Think about holding a 2 layer cake in your arms while getting up and down..that's the kind of ease of movement we are talking)

For me, having a chair in the nursery wasn't important at all, I had one in Ds1's room and hardly ever used it because it was wicker and creaked when I rocked. I will be nursing either in the bed at night or on the couch. We have a glider that was a life saver for both my boys, since they loved being held and rocked; but it is def not comfy for mommy to sleep in. So I tend to use that during the day only. I say go for the chair; your LO won't be a tiny baby for long; and you will be using it to read books/watch tv/cuddle/swing the toddler etc., in it before you know it anyways.

February 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Veteran
We had a really similar "swing chair" at my parents' house when I was growing up. Ours attached to an exposed beam in the family room, and my siblings and I always had a blast playing in it. I don't think it was hard to get out of, but I was a kid so it probably wasn't a big one of my concerns. You could always adjust the height or change the number or type of pillows if it seemed like it wasn't working quite right. Having spent many hours sitting/ playing in a swing chair, I personally think that the two things that it lacks which I might miss are a foot rest and easy access to an end table to grab a glass of water since the holes in the wicker are too small to reach through.
Jennmarie and NotDoneBaking like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search