What are your "nesting symptoms"??

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Jillian*
  • 1 Post By Twhylite21

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm curious to know how everyone else reacts to nesting. This has happened in both previous pregnancies, and its happening again-I have hit the point where I think about cleaning/organizing/decluttering etc. all the freaking time!! I even soaked some papertowels in cleaning stuff and brought it to work with me today so I can at least clean my desk. I LOVE..to the point of "craving" cleaning solution-type smells. For example, the chemical that they use to strip the wax off the floors at work is sort of a super-strong bathroom cleaner (not bleachy, just a cleaner smell), and when I'm preggo, I swear its my favorite smell in the world. lol. That and lemony-scented cleaner stuff, like lysol disinfectant spray/all purpose cleaner type stuff....
Anybody else have smell-based cravings??
I think that is my biggest signal that I'm nesting..and the secondary one is I think about everything I need/want to be cleaning/doing at home all the time as well. I have a huge list of ToDo's just because it at least lets me express it when I'm at work and can't do much about it.

Also FYI, I started this post earlier today at work, thinking I'd have time to finish it and reply a bit before going home; but that didn't quite work out. My laptop quit working this weekend, and Idk if my tablet will pull up JM or not..so I may or may not be around to answer questions for the next 12 hours or so until I get back to work. But why let a good post go to waste? Lol!!

February 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
That's funny to me. I feel you to a certain extent.

Mine is like this (In order)

*Anxiety over messy house
*Anxiety over no baby stuff (nursery)
*Plan big clean outs of closets and stuff on the weekend.
*Work until I hurt from Friday-Sunday
*Repeat the next weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't feel like I'm making enough progress to satisfy the nesting feeling. And my body doesn't want to cooperate so I can do it all myself.
Jennmarie likes this.

February 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been a clean freak for months and that's not normal for me hehe. It's slowing down a bit. But I get so crazy I just can't stop myself.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought bins and labels and organized and labeled everything in the house!

February 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I start cleaning around 11pm every night and then DH finds me at like 2 or 3am cleaning Drives him crazy. It's definitely started earlier this time compared to Lily and Vi. I have been taking toothbrushes to bathroom floors, etc. At least things are clean!
imdawn likes this.

February 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sigh...eating too many sweets
February 21st, 2012, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my signs of nesting have been anxiety of not being ready for baby.. nothing is out or clean. The second sign is my desire to take vacation so I can do a big sprin cleaning. Thinking we should redo our bathroom so it's nice and clean haha. Getting super excited of progress that we finally made this weekend. I'm sure it's only bound to get more intense.
February 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me it's not so much cleaning - like my kitchen is still a mess - but organizing. I've been buying bins for things, I bought a closet system for the girls' closet and we got that installed so I could put all their stuff away neatly. We bought me a new dresser, I framed a poster I have been waiting to frame for 5 years, we bought shelving units for the basement to organize all our junk. And all I want to do is sit down with my pen and paper and figure out what will fit where.... and label all the bins.... etc.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 21st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Super Mommy
For me..I've been nesting for months now. I started to throw clothes out that I don't need, electronic equipment that doesn't work. I'm still stressed out about my sons new room. Needs to get set up and organized. Organize my closet, the babies closet, my son's closet, linen closet and my coat closet. But today I've selected a lazy susan in my kitchen to clean out and organize. If I'm ambitious I'll hit the coat closet too. So my goal this week is lazy susans, coat closet and sons closet. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you. I'm making a list now.
February 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Veteran
I tossed out a bunch of clothes that we dont wear any more and then washed EVERY single thing that i could put in the washer. Things like, blankets, clothes, dish rags, my cats clothes (yes i like to dress them up! they love it) and rugs. I have become crazy about keeping my kitchen clean for some reason AND i dust everything everyday!
DH thinks im going crazy!

February 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
for me I dont really want to clean yet, but I have a couple things. I really want to decorate and redecorate and paint and make sure everything looks nice and matches throughout the house. Im also really anxious for some warmer weather because Im just dying to open the house and air everything out!

The last couple days I've been craving to make stuff like craftyness, Im not sure if thats really a nesting thing but it's something bugging me. I think Im going to make some tye dye onesies or bibs or burp cloths, something. Im also going to make some onesies with song lyrics and or bible verses on them with a bleach pen. I just need the money to buy all the cloth lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search