OT- Partner Pet Peeves

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Veteran
Anyone have any pet peeves regarding their significant other? It's probably the hormones, but some of the little things that my husband does have recently started to annoy me. For instance, he won't let me mail envelopes containing checks from our mailbox. We live in a safe neighborhood, but he's paranoid that they'll be stolen and someone will have our bank info... nevermind that I successfully mailed checks for 10+ years with no incidents. Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things, but somewhat inconvenient.

What are your current pet peeves?
February 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to think of something specific. Honestly with my hormones raging even him just breathing ticks me off lol.

I think lately it's his hair in the sink after shaving. He shaves his head bald. And there is always hair in the sink or on the sink even after he said he cleaned it up.
Aliciafj1 likes this.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 20th, 2012, 11:41 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two current pet peeves.

1) Hubby has chronic GI issues and is being a man about it and won't go to the doctor. Instead he suffers and is in obvious pain and stress and, I guess, assumes the magic fairies will come in the night and fix it despite this going on for like three years now. At least now he's at the point where he'll say "I should probably go to the doctor, huh", so hopefully he'll actually call at some point before the earth falls into the sun.

2) Hubby is self-employed and works out of the house, so during his breaks from working, he does a lot of optional chores and house stuff. This sounds really nice except that he can be a bit of a martyr about it. I even hired housekeepers a couple of years ago and I pay for them myself (we have separate finances) and he still whines that he does "everything".

Ah well, at least he's cute! And it must be intimidating to have a wife as perfect as I am all the time.
imdawn likes this.
February 21st, 2012, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How much time do you have?

My DH takes ZERO initiative. Has to be told to do every.single. thing.

Owns his own business, gets everything he wants & goes where he wants when he wants meanwhile, I work for "the man" bringing in a close to equal income and still have 90% of the home/parenting duties.

A total pet peeve that he REFUSES to reverse. He NEVER takes his work boots off. They SMELL & the second I sweep or mop, he treks them through the house.

Also, he has a tooth that needs filling so he's constantly making a sucking noise to get any debris out of it. GR-OSS!
mamaleddie likes this.
February 21st, 2012, 05:42 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Haired_Mama View Post
I'm trying to think of something specific. Honestly with my hormones raging even him just breathing ticks me off lol.

I think lately it's his hair in the sink after shaving. He shaves his head bald. And there is always hair in the sink or on the sink even after he said he cleaned it up.
That is probably my single biggest pet peeve too. DH doesn't shave his head, but he always waits a long time between face shaves. Then he used electric clippers first, then shaves. So hair ends up all over the sink, and he doesn't clean it up. Totally grosses me out!
Sunshine0918 and Lisa H like this.

February 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
Veteran
Ha he leaves his socks ALL OVER THE PLACE!
...oh and snors!

February 21st, 2012, 06:52 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaaha, I have such an opposite problem than most of you ladies! My Aaron is a clean OCD anal retentive CLEAN freak! No clutter, no mess, EVER! He will come home after a 12 hour shift and sweep the floors and do whatever else I didn't feel like doing..He never complains, but I feel guilty all the same!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
February 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Laughing at the "How much time do you have?"!!

Right now it's just the little things that drive me batty... like he takes Kate out of her highchair, wipes HER down,a nd leaves the tray dirty with gross food all over it. So I come home from wherever and have a gross mess to clean up. Like how hard is it?? Also he tends to leave his dishes sitting on my desk..... I nearly murdered him over that last month. MY desk MY computer, I let him use them... and every morning I would sit down and find a dirty dish here.

But he's been really conscientious the past week so I'm pretty impressed. Not sure what's gotten into him. LOL!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 21st, 2012, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husbands left jaw pops when he chews!! And the sound grosses me out. Annoying!
He constantly gropes me. Like seriously! If he's touching me, he's trying to cop a feel. And when I eat, he always tries to relate it to sex, which just basically stops my appetite. I get that I'm not in the mood much but, seriously, get off of me!!
February 21st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH leaves his clothes strewn everywhere - it's like he's blind to the fact we have hampers. He leaves the girls clothes everywhere as well when he puts them in pajamas, etc. Drives me insane!

February 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I'm in the same hormone boat. I have to say, he's not easily able to switch from one conversation to another, or his attention to something else. He'll be fixed on a news show and I'll call him like 20 times, sitting right next to him and he's ZONED out.

Also, he eats MASSIVE amounts of junk food, so I've been refusing to buy any of it (I make the grocery shopping decisions lol)

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

February 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
That is probably my single biggest pet peeve too. DH doesn't shave his head, but he always waits a long time between face shaves. Then he used electric clippers first, then shaves. So hair ends up all over the sink, and he doesn't clean it up. Totally grosses me out!
This is why he has his own bathroom!
February 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
Veteran
I wonder why I even keep a laundry basket in our bedroom...he just throws his dirty clothes next to it.

I think my biggest issue is him just not understanding that I'm pregnant and I'm feeling a lot of different things. I don't feel too hot a lot, I'm tired so often, and sex? Ugh, no thanks! He almost gets mad at me because by 7 pm I'm just too tired to do anything!
February 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
He hogs the blanket at night. So I grabbed a new one. Now he tries taking that one over too. I went and got my own otherwise I spend the whole night shivering. I also have this thing about pillows. I hate when people use my pilliows. I constantly find him using my pillows. He has his own. I think he does it just to irritate me. He also clears his throat constantly. I feel so much better getting all that out.
Jennmarie likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I have a new one!!! Every paycheck (twice a month), I pulse out 250 bucks to cover groceries. Now, that's 125 for a family of 5, and it inlcudes diapers etc. To do that so I have a good idea of where I am budgetwise. Well dh is constantly like, did you use cash?? For things that are not groceries!!! I mean seriously! Its like he thinks I have this huge stockpile of cash or something! I found out he grabbed 40 bucks from my wallet this am. Idk what his deal is but I am sick of it. Ugh! I coupon and everything else, and we have plenty of money in the account. The grocery budget is not a petty cash fund.
Jennmarie likes this.
February 22nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can easily drop $250 in two weeks for just the three of us!
February 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is another. DH works second shift. So sometimes he cooks for himself when I am asleep. The other night he fried some steak. The next day I saw he had splattered on the stove and just left it. I asked him why he didn't just wipe it up. He said he did during cooking. I then asked him why he didn't wait until the end so he didn't make more of a mess over what he cleaned. UGH.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Haired_Mama View Post
Here is another. DH works second shift. So sometimes he cooks for himself when I am asleep. The other night he fried some steak. The next day I saw he had splattered on the stove and just left it. I asked him why he didn't just wipe it up. He said he did during cooking. I then asked him why he didn't wait until the end so he didn't make more of a mess over what he cleaned. UGH.
This is my everyday!!!! I get so aggravated that I clean the kitchen beautifully and he can destroy it fixing one meal. I'm the type that cleans as I cook so I don't have to do much and he won't even throw away wrappers, cans, put spices away...nothing! It's the main pet peeve I have right now. Don't make life harder!!

February 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Thankfully, my DH is working out of town Monday-Friday for the next 7 weeks, so he's not nearly as irritating as he used to be!

My biggest pet peeve is he is on a medication for high cholesterol and it makes him really cold (think long underwear under his clothes in the 60's!). He will roll up in the blankets on our bed to go to sleep- this doesn't bother me until the middle of the night when I'm cold and he won't give up any covers! I tried putting an extra blanket on the bed for me but he takes that one too. Grrr!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
My DH leaves his clothes strewn everywhere - it's like he's blind to the fact we have hampers. He leaves the girls clothes everywhere as well when he puts them in pajamas, etc. Drives me insane!
HUGE ditto!!! And I think it is extra annoying to me lately because bending all the way to the floor to pick it all up and put it in the hamper is getting a lot more difficult with this belly!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search