Holy Big baby!!!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 01:14 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well had my antenatal / midwife appointment today... It started off badly because the last dr i had at the drs clinic totally screwed up my C-section date and didn't book it properly so now they have to try to book it it etc.. so my date might change afterall.. and I have to have another drs appointment anyway..... THEN.... I had a scan last friday and it was funny because I ALWAYS measure WAY ahead with my babies because I have BIG babies... (all at least 10 pounders ).. which is sort of why they give me monthly scans in the 3rd trimester... Anyhow, it was funny because I asked the ultrasound tech "So how far ahead is he measuring..?'... She said.. 'Actually not that far ahead at all.. maybe 3 or 4 days... '.... I am like... 'Really???'.. I was amazed... a) because I feel quite big already and b) I ALWAYS measure ahead and have big babies as I said.. Anyway, then I got home and was starting to get a bit concered... like.. 'hmmm I hope he is growing ok, because he isn't measuring ahead like all my other babies etc...'....

ANYWAY... Have my midwife appointment today and they bring up my ultrasound results... and they say to me....'Hmmm did they check your due date with you???'.... "ummm .. yes a few times actually...why?'... Midwife says... 'They have put your due date down as the 3rd April rather than the 30th April...which makes all these measurements ALOT different etc'.... I say..' So what does that mean??'... She says ' Well it means you are measuring at 34 weeks instead of 30 weeks and your baby is pretty big already...'.... So bottom line they have to review the results again because the ultrasound tech made a typo or something about my due date...

Funnily enough it makes me feel a little less crazy as I was thinking... wow I feel quite big and only measuring normally???.... So yup my 'little' Kaelyn is not going to be so 'little'... hehe... yay for chubby bubbies!!! hehe

February 21st, 2012, 02:57 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS2 was 9lb 12oz and I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead this time, so yup, looks like we cook 'em big!

Difference being mine will be vaginally delivered... I'm not looking forward to how that felt, again (even though I didn't tear/need stitches - just quick, massively intense and painful)

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
February 21st, 2012, 07:27 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol Mama knows best. You apparently have bigger babies! I'm glad at least that this baby is "normal" for you... though it's very annoying that they messed up your due date during the scan. Ugh.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 21st, 2012, 08:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad baby is doing good and normal size for you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 21st, 2012, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
That's a big difference in dates. How does this happen?
February 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like baby is doing good though! I sometimes worry about a big baby, but a friend on the NCB board delivered a 12 pounder 100% natural and she's pretty petite herself.

February 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
When i went in to have DS, they broke my water and turn to me and said, he is going to be small, like a 6lb baby. I was thinking, awesome! Especially since at my 35 week u/s in the hospital they told me he was already 7lbs, and that was 5 weeks prior to my delivery date. But then DS came out at 9lbs 4oz. Everyone was shocked to say the least, apparently i hide baby really well.

Im glad they got everything figured out and put your mind at ease some. Bigger babies are fun!! Im expectly Olivia to be a bigger baby as well, although im not sure how "on track or ahead" i am yet. My appt is friday, so maybe ill have a better idea. I do plan on asking some questions abotu size ect, since this is a new doctor and im a repeat VBAC, so i dont want them suddenly throwing a "your baby is too big"card at me, especially if it does turn out i have GD ( have to go do my 3 hour test)
February 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm a mommy that grows longer babies (DD was 20 inches at birth but is 38 inches at 2 years old) not necessarily heavier babies. At my u/s last week he was already measuring 16 inches long at 28 weeks. I love how varying babies can be- tall, short, chubby, or skinny but always cute!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search