Why your son is awesome!!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By imdawn
  • 1 Post By *Jillian*
  • 1 Post By *MJ*
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By *MJ*
  • 1 Post By Raven_Haired_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought all the moms of boys could share some stories about how much fun it is to be a parent to your little guy I am sure girls are just as much fun, but I thought it would help some of the moms that have been hearing negative stories irl about raising boys to read some positive ones!

My 2.5 year old son randomly comes up to me all the time to rub my back, or give me a kiss And if I don't feel well he often tells me to lay down and brings me a pillow. He is a sweetheart, and has seriously made this pregnancy easier on me!
February 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, my son is soooo protective of me! He's always making sure I'm ok. Haha he may make more messes and be very active, but he loves his mommy fearsly! My girls are gentle and easy and fun to dress up, but they aren't protective of worried about mommy like my son is. They are more interested in what I can do for them. Lol!
February 21st, 2012, 01:04 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son is definitely a momma's boy. Every night when DH and I put him to bed, he wants momma to say his prayers for him. He's all the time giving me hugs. And my favorite is when I ask him who loves him, he always says momma loves me. Touches my heart every time.

Also when you tell him that you love him, he says I love you to pieces!! Boys can be very affectionate and I'm so lucky to have my little boy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
My son is also protective. No way will his Daddy get away with picking on me or being mean! Ever! He really gets mad.

He's not messy or overactive, so I don't have that experience as a boy mom. He's real chilled out and easy going like DH is. He's also always trying to take care of me. He doesn't like to see me upset or sick and has been so sweet since I've been pregnant. He used to go get me washcloths when I had morning sickness and put them on my neck. lol I wouldn't tell him to do it either.

Can you tell how love with him I am? He feels the same for me and it's fantastic. Mama's boys are something special.

I'm hoping he will be a great influence to his little sister. I worry if I will be lucky enough to have 2 sweetheart babies. Could I get that lucky?

February 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I love watching the relationship between Jake and his daddy. Jason loves teaching Jake guy stuff and Jake loves to learn. Listening to their conversations is the coolest. It makes me love my husband more!

Potty training has sure made things interesting! One day, Jake pulled down his underwear to use the potty and a quarter fell out. He picked it up and said, matter of factly, "My put it in my pocket!" and shoved it into the opening in the front of his underwear.

He is so excited about being a big brother. He brought out his bedtime diaper and a couple extras. We asked him why he brought so many. He said, "For my baby brother!"

Today he was sizing up his "manhood" while on the potty, comparing it to his thumb and fingers. "Bigger, littler, bigger..."
He loves to help (when he's in the mood). Today he told me I can't call him Jake, he is a superhero. He has coined himself "Super Helper"!
melissalaw likes this.

February 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'm cracking up at Jake and the pocket thing!!

Boys say HILARIOUS things about their bodies. My son's penis was one of his fave topics for a long time!!
imdawn likes this.

February 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Such sweet and cute stories!

Jack puts stuff in his undies and calls it his pocket too LOL. Today I found a dollar bill in his jeans pocket. Glad that didn't make it to the undies.
imdawn likes this.
February 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
My son is so sensitive. He loves his mama so much. He will just sit next to me on the couch, holding my hand, watching his favorite show.

He always gives mommy kisses, even when he wont look at anyone else. He loves giving me hugs. Everytime i pull him off the potty, and start to help with undies, i get rewarded with the biggest bear hug.

He is so full of wonder, everything seems to amaze him still, and you can tell becuase he usually is grinning.

He is such an easy little kid, and i just love him to pieces.
February 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Okay Jake's quarter is too funny. Made me laugh out loud. Little boys are so funny!
imdawn likes this.

February 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I looove my little man to bits and pieces. He is such a sweety he will come over to me to have cuddle time and give me hugs and kisses all the time. He also wants to give our dog hugs and kisses every night before bed lol. and he is sooo stinkin smart! I had no idea 2 1/2 years olds could be so smart. He knows all his letters and most of the sounds they make, he knows his colors, and shapes, now he is even learning to count! completely threw me off guard I didn't know he would be interested in that stuff for a couple more years. *sigh* I just love him so much I could bust.

February 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Love this thread, such sweet boys!

February 21st, 2012, 01:44 PM
This is my new favorite thread. I love reading about everybody's sweet little boys!!!!

February 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love it too Today I was leaving Target with Jack and while I pushed him in the cart I started whistling, and then he started whistling. And as we walked to the car whistling I just kept thinking how perfect the moment was.
melissalaw and imdawn like this.
February 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I love readind these stories. I can't wait to have my little boy.
February 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boys are so much fun! Mine can be rough. And they love fart and penis humor (I do too) lol. But they are the most sweetest loving beings.
melissalaw likes this.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
The mother of one of my students (a 12 year old boy) is due in June and he is so excited and protective. He came bouncing up to me on the day he found out to tell me the news and is constantly updating me on his mom's condition. We have conversations all the time about how worried he is for his mom because he has "heard that having a baby hurts" LOL He has to be one of the sweetest kids I've ever met.

I find that the girls in my class can be catty and cliquey at times (I love them but pre-teen girl drama bugs me) and the boys are rough and crude sometimes (fart jokes do get old) but they are all a ton of fun to be around.
February 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Little boys are just magical. I am in complete awe of my son. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that I am not a boy lol, so some of the stuff he does is so foreign to me, yet I see a lot of myself in him. It's such a cool combination.

Chase is active, messy, smart as a whip, a handful, and a sweet cuddle-bug all wrapped up into one awesome package. Also, when he wants to (which is a lot of the time) he is so respectful, polite and social, which makes me so proud.

Having a boy has been such an amazing life-changing experience. I couldn't imagine my life being any other way. I am so so happy to be having another boy.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 21st, 2012, 09:30 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
My son is a total mama's boy. I love it. He loves to give me snuggles and asks for kisses all the time. He's so gentle and sweet.
February 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Mom to D&D's Avatar Super Mommy
Boys are so sweet!

February 22nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
My little guy is also a sweet cuddler and I love getting my kisses from him. He also super smart and adventurous. When his daddy took him sledding he was counting while walking up the hill! Surprised the both of us! I love watching him explore things and figure things out.
He's also super polite, he always says thank you- even to the nurse who gave him a shot and as we are leaving a store he says bye bye to every single person we pas.
I think little boys just have a super special bond with their mommy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search