Ok tell me to relax!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so I contacted HR today to let them know I'm going to be starting my leave and won't be back until after the baby is born. We are in the middle of a bank merger, the new bank takes over in March. Well I'm going out under the OLD bank's leave policy. They told me that I will not be guaranteed a position at the new bank and they will call that bank to "negotiate a possible position for me" after my leave.

*YIKES*

Swallowing hard here. I'm the only one working so this is super stressful. Tell me it will all be ok and to relax. I need to take one day at a time and certainly not upset the baby if I can help it. But that has me REALLY REALLY nervous! The new bank already wanted to reduce my income by $6k a year next March but had originally guaranteed my salary for 1 year (till next March). Now they don't have to offer me a position at all, much less pay me what I've been making!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

February 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
that sounds like a really scary situation, but you are right to try and relax. I guess you should look at it as out of your control right now and when something is out of your control it doesn't help anyone least of all you and baby, to worry. Then you look at the bright side of the situation and that is that you are keeping baby healthy and you get to be around for your other kids too. Step 3 is to do what you can from where you are to get some income. Are you good a making anything? Maybe you can find things around the house to sell on craigslist and ebay? Sign up with a telemarketing or debt collecting and work from home with your phone and computer. If you are good at something you could tutor or teach it from home like piano or art. If you do lose your job with the bank at least you will have something and its always easier to get a job when you have a job. Lastly have a family meeting now and decide what you all can give up and cut back on including the older kids, that way you can start saving up some money now and it wont be as big of a shock if you do lose your job.
You are a good hard working mom who wants to provide for your family and I have no doubt that no matter what happens, you will be just fine so....
STOP WORRYING!

February 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's funny that you suggest selling stuff on craigslist I've already been at it. We have so much extra furniture, collectibles etc I inherited that we have nowhere to display it and have been meaning to sell it for awhile now...I'm having hubby clean it all up, unpack it, take pics, and I'm listing it. We have enough to get us through a few months emergency situation but every little bit helps! Thanks for the level headed advice, its nice to get someone's viewpoint that isn't right in the situation like I am!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

February 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
awesome I love criagslist, I got a free mattress on there for the crib but I didnt like it so I got a different one and just sold the free one for $20 lol!

My DH and I live really really frugally because hes still getting his masters and we don't use credit cards so I have a lot of little tricks. If you run into a certain problem you can always message me and see if I have been through it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search