girls.

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By *MJ*
  • 1 Post By *Jillian*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alright we have the boy page going. We need something for those expecting girls now . Because I already know boys are fantastic I keep hearing girl horror stories lol. so what should I be warned of? and what do you love??? I keep hearing how dramatic they are, scream and cry all the time, that their diapers are soo much harder to change. and apparently boys are the only snuggle bugs that love their mammas. so are people telling me this because they like to act like they have it way worse than me, and want me to feel doomed? or is there truth to this? I had never thought to be nervous about girls before I have all sisters and tons of nieces. but now that I am having one myself the stories are coming out of the woodwork.

February 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Really? Haha some girls are dramatic, sure. Ok, here's the thing. You can reason with a girl! I have two. One more dramatic than the other. You can calmly explain no no, don't rip that! , and they will stop! I've never hidden books from my girls, and c is only 13 mo old. Wyatt, I still get nervous about them, haha, kidding. girls tend to be more independant. I can put my girls down with some toys, and go make dinner. Wyatt is sooooo attached to me that he's still all over me while I'm cooking! It was crazy when he was a baby. They mature faster, and they are easier to potty train. I realize that's not a hard and fast rule. But you take the average girl and the average boy, and the girl is gonna be soooo much easier! I think it goes back to "you can reason with them! Hahaha"
February 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Girls have more fun with cute clothes but you have the flip side of that and they can get diva picky on what to wear. I have a 3 year old that tells me no she doesn't like that shirt and wants this or that one instead. I think girls are more emotional. But then again most women are in general too. My little one can't have voices raised like she's getting yelled at for getting in trouble or she will look at you and her face starts melting slowly until that dreaded cry comes out and she says mommy is mad at me! Lol it's cute but trying..

Girls are super easy for diaper changing. I've never been sprayed like boys. Just wipe like you would wipe yourself. Nothing hard about that. But long hair can be a task. Mine is almost to the middle of her back with natural curls to it. Cute..
But it has to go in a pony every time she eats or she gets food in it and tangle sprays ARe a daily thing.

I think people are just trying to scare ya. Girls have their issues just like boys do. I think they are easy but remember.....traditionally as they get older you have proms and high school dances and weddings to pay for! Lol.

}
February 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
aka shawna
girls are harmless. you will love your little sugar lump!

my daughter really only cried something chronic when she had colic. that lasted a couple weeks. end of. she is not a tantrum queen. she is my only child, and while she has every means to be spoiled, she is anything but. she is kind, gentle, sharing, loving, and a little love bug, through and through.

i hear the mama boy thing a thousand times a day. i think it goes both ways. my child while she loves her daddy and is very much a daddies girl, she prefers her mama any day of the week. there is a strong bond with mothers and daughters, no daddy can compete with. your little girl will go to you if she falls and hurts herself. because mama's are more gentle than a daddy can be. when your child falls for her first crush, who will she confide in? her mama! telling her daddy she likes a boy is a bit embarrassing, so you get to share those little secrets together. and that bond will only grow stronger with age. my daughter who is only 5 is my little bestie, theres is nothing that can come between that.

girls also look amazing in mud and wellies or a full on tutu. they get the best of both worlds. my baby is my little tom boy, she loves to go frog hunting and hiking and spashing puddles. but, she's also an amazing little talented girl. at the age of 3 she was doing cartwheels, she dances like a dream and at the end of the year those recitals will melt your heart. and learning is so much fun. my babes is hands on, and already reading. her hand writing is better than her daddies, which doesnt say much, but she's amazing. girls are just really easy to teach and they catch on like a breeze.

i'm not at all biased, really.

regardless of the gender, i think people are pulling your chains. either that, or they really do have little terrors, and thats just a product of how they bring up their own children. you can have really sweet, loving boys or girls, but it takes effort on your side. i've been to a lot of birthday parties or just waiting for my daughters dance class to finish and the parents are so detached and irritable and that reflects on their children, so much. they lash out and its so sad. but i don't blame the child. i look to their parents and thats usually telling.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only hear great things about girls if that helps you feel better. How they basically do everything earlier then boys, and aren't as stubborn when it comes to things like potty training. No idea if it's true of course, but the people I know really speak highly of their little princesses.

Well I do hear how teenage girls are a nightmare. But since I was one once, I don't need other people to tell me that!
Devan'sMama and melissalaw like this.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Girls can be more dramatic for sure but I find girls to be less hyperactive. My girl can focus on one activity for a longer period of time at for being so young.

She's snuggly & loves to give me kisses.

She seemed to be more advanced for her age & learned to walk at 10-11 months.

She's cautious & tends to be careful.

not going to lie, some difficulties I have...

Dealing with hair for me stinks...oh man, she can scream bloody murder before I even touch the comb/brush to her head. Always turns her head at the exact moment I need her to sit still.

She's head strong so she can be very purposely defiant.

She can be very bratty.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love having little girls! My 2 are pretty different from each other. Violet is more emotional (but she's also almost 2, so she's kinda hitting tantrum age) and way more attached to me. She loves DH, but I'm the person she cuddles with all day long.

Lily is more independent and active. She is a total daddy's girl, but when she is hurt or sad, she calls for me first.

Both girls are picky about their clothes. Lily is 3.5 and I let her pick most of her clothes at the store (she mainly picks things that I like and I have veto power anyway ). Both are very into dresses and Lily is very into having her hair done daily (like in French braids, twists, any princess-y hairstyle).

Both love princesses, dressing up and baby dolls. But they also love Tae Kwon Do and trains, etc.

I've only had girls, so I have no idea if it's a girl thing or not, but both my girls were fully potty trained (including nights) by 18 months old. Both catch on to things super fast. Violet is not yet 2 and she can easily assemble 48+ piece jigsaw puzzles. Lily is 3.5 and can do ones over 100 pieces. Lily is reading and she's been able to write all her letters for over a year. Violet knows all her letters, colors, shapes, numbers, etc but can't always enunciate them clearly (she's a slower talker compared to Lily).

Never had an issue with diaper changing. You just want to make sure to wipe them front to back. Oh, and newborn girls sometimes have a "period" in the first week or so of life as the hormones go out of their body, so it may look bloodyish. That's totally normal though.

I will admit that I'm a little terrified of the teenage years since we'll have two of them right together, but I really really love having my girls.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Ya know, I mostly fear my girl will be a totally different little girl than I was. I was a Mama and Daddy's girl. I was nice and considerate and I didn't give my parents hell in my teenage years.

My son has a lot of my personality traits and I wonder if that is just because he is ALWAYS with me with very little outside influence. My daughter will be raised the same way, so maybe she will turn out just like him, but with cuter clothes! I won't know what to a do with a kid that has an opinion on what they wear!!! My son would wear a trash bag if I told him to. He does not care at all.
muffin300 likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have thought the same things. DS has so much of my personality, I just know this one will get DHs stubborn side lol. either way I am feeling better and excited again thank you ladies so much. and as far as hair goes if she takes after me and DS she won't have much to worry about till shes about 4 lol. but once it hits it will be crazy town! both DH and I have suuper curly hair. and I still remember sobbing while my mom brushed mine. she would threaten to shave it off if I tried not to let her brush it hah that usually got me.

February 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin300 View Post
I have thought the same things. DS has so much of my personality, I just know this one will get DHs stubborn side lol. either way I am feeling better and excited again thank you ladies so much. and as far as hair goes if she takes after me and DS she won't have much to worry about till shes about 4 lol. but once it hits it will be crazy town! both DH and I have suuper curly hair. and I still remember sobbing while my mom brushed mine. she would threaten to shave it off if I tried not to let her brush it hah that usually got me.
My advice on the hair is get her used to you brushing it and putting it up, etc from a really early age. I did that with both my girls and they both pretty much leave it alone and don't whine about having it brushed, etc. They're just used to "ok, it's time to do your hair now" and they stand still for it and everything. Even if they don't have much hair (Vi still doesn't have much at 23 months old), just brush what little they have, so they're used to that.

February 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
Ya know, I mostly fear my girl will be a totally different little girl than I was. I was a Mama and Daddy's girl. I was nice and considerate and I didn't give my parents hell in my teenage years.

My son has a lot of my personality traits and I wonder if that is just because he is ALWAYS with me with very little outside influence. My daughter will be raised the same way, so maybe she will turn out just like him, but with cuter clothes! I won't know what to a do with a kid that has an opinion on what they wear!!! My son would wear a trash bag if I told him to. He does not care at all.
My daughter is just lke her father, personalitywise, and my son is more like me....so you might want to get the dibs frm the mil on your dhs younger years.
February 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7181 View Post
My daughter is just lke her father, personalitywise, and my son is more like me....so you might want to get the dibs frm the mil on your dhs younger years.
My MIL is a lunatic. Seriously. Mental issues. She doesn't remember much and what she forgets she makes up.

My DH is really laid back so I'd be cool with her having his personality!

February 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom had to relax my hair chemically so I could brush it myself starting at age 5. I hated when she did it and flat out banned her! It used to be super crazy curly. I would think No More Tangles or something like that would help with crazy hair, if they even make that anymore.
February 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
I used No More Tangles on my son's hair for the longest. It was curly and needed a little extra taming sometimes! It's short now though. Much easier!

I can remember how No More Tangles tasted when I was a kid. lol Sounds weird, but when you mom is spraying the crap out of your hair, some does get in your mouth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search