Weight Gain

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does the weight gain bother anybody else? I'm okay with my expanding belly, the problem I have is that my rear end is also expanding. Most days I'm fine but somedays I feel like my butt is just huge. Anybody else gaining weight in areas other than their stomach.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a prenatal yesterday and I gained 0.5 pounds since my last, so I'm up 3.5 lbs total. I feel like most of it is belly though. I know my regular jeans still fit, I just can't get them around the stomach now. With Lily though, I felt like I was expanding more all over.

February 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
I feel like a planet. Everything is getting bigger. Its awful!!
February 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My scale says I have gained 14 pounds and the OB's scale this week said 16. My clothes fit different so I know it's not all in my belly. I stress over it since I started out 60 pounds over weight. Add to that the fact that I never lost it all after my youngest was born.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't really let it bother me right now. I will let it bother me when she's out. I also haven't gained a whole ton extra.
February 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I've probably gained around 40 already lol. So YES it's a little bothersome. Just a little bit. Even my maternity jeans feel too tight.. although I did buy size XSmall..

February 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I've gained 22 pounds and it mostly feels like belly. I have a slightly larger butt than before, but I could use a little junk in the trunk. I only get that when I gain too much weight.

I'm not thrilled with my weight gain. I walked 2 miles yesterday and I hope this increased activity I'm able to do will help me not put too much more weight on.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have quite literally gained a pants size a month...if that gives you a clue lol. I personally am fine with how I look. its how I feel that is getting me down. I have not been able to exercise because of my "irritable uterus" so its not just me gaining and staying toned. I get so out of breath and feel like I have lost all my muscle tone that I worked so hard for. I can barely move without it feeling like work. but other than that I am not to concerned about how much I have gained. and my doctor isn't concerned either. and I have gained almost 30 lbs already.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohh yeah.. I tried on a pair of boxers I used to wear pre-preg.. I figured, I can wear em under my tummy.. Haaaaaaa...They were SO tight they nearly didn't go up all the way. That was a lil depressing.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin300 View Post
I have quite literally gained a pants size a month...if that gives you a clue lol. I personally am fine with how I look. its how I feel that is getting me down. I have not been able to exercise because of my "irritable uterus" so its not just me gaining and staying toned. I get so out of breath and feel like I have lost all my muscle tone that I worked so hard for. I can barely move without it feeling like work. but other than that I am not to concerned about how much I have gained. and my doctor isn't concerned either. and I have gained almost 30 lbs already.
I'm dealing with this feeling too. I had to sit on my butt for almost 2 months and I turned to mush. Now I have to try and build it back and I'm exhausted doing very little. I have so much to do to prepare for giving birth!!

February 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes im feeling gross. i wouldnt mind gaining a little in my butt but instead its just getting wider and givinh me back fat:-[

[IMG][/IMG]

February 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
I've gained over 20 pounds and I'm not happy about it either. I'm trying to do a bit of exercise and was doing well in the second trimester but have now found that I'm not sleeping well again!
February 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
Boobs, definitely boobs and stomach. I've gained 14 so far. I'm trying not to think about to much. I still where pre pregnancy shirts and some our too tight or going to be too tight in about 2 weeks.
February 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Nope. Because it's keeping my baby healthy and it all comes off eventually. I'm not a 5 ft nothing chick that gains a whopping 5 pounds when I get pregnant. But who cares. It's all about the baby.

}
February 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the last 2 months, I've gained over 15 pounds...I'm expanding everywhere...
The only thing keeping me sane with it is that I know that once the baby is born, I wont have time to eat and then the weight will fall off - at least that is what I keep telling myself
February 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
Legs (did you know you can have stretch marks on your calves?), butt, arms, face. You name it, I gain it. 35 pounds and counting, 12.5 weeks to go.
February 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, its bothering me! I feel like my butt and thighs are out of control! This is all beyond irritating.
February 22nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
im up about 11lbs, but its def. more than my belly. My face has rounded out, my boobs have grown, and my thighs and butt are def. more jiggly. Granted im only up 11lbs, i also started out about 8lbs above my normal weight. So im definitely struggling with the higher number on the scale.
February 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I started out about 14 pounds over my normal weight because I was still nursing, and caroline was only 7 months old. I don't typically loose the weight until I wean. So, this is an all time high for me. And that's why its super annoying. Haha and since I know ill probably hold the extra fat in my hips and thighs for anothr year, its really depressing! But I haven't gained a whole lot of anything. I have nothing summery that will be the least bit attractive pp. I don't want to spend the first year of my last babies life miserable because I'm fat. But my only alternative would be to not nurse, and that's just unacceptible for me. Boo! Cuz its tempting! Haha my babies looove nursing tho, so its not fair to deny him that just because mommy doesn't like the fat. Lol
February 22nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't lie. I have gained almost 30lbs. Not sure how, not sure WHERE. It is all belly and I am told this all the time, even by people I don't see very often. My work uniforms is still big on me everywhere but my belly. I still wear my regular shirts on the weekends, even though they are getting shorter. My jeans don't fit, only because I carry so low and can't stand that feeling under my belly. They fit in my legs and butt though. I am OK with it and my new stretch marks. I am making Jax healthy and grow. Mike will love me no matter what and it will all come off sooner or later
disneydiva76 and melissalaw like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search