Sick, Sick , Sick

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my cough turned into what feels like the flu...but I got the flu shot so I guess it may just be a nasty virus or something... Barking cough, fever, aches and chills..and sinus congestion...

I called the doctor just to find out when I should worry and all they said was keep the fever under 101.0 by taking Tylenol every hrs. Not all that helpful...I am actually more worried about Pneumonia then anything else since everything seems to just be sitting my chest. Robitussin is working okay but def not bringing much up...plus all this coughing has my ...ah..down there...feeling like its going ot fall out! Oh well, I just thought I would share a little peice of my misery I am taking the Tylenol, trying to drink fluids, got the vaporizer on and pulled out the vicks vapor rub...not much more I can do..trying to avoid the sudafed for now...
February 22nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no. sorry you are feeling so bad. Just try to stay hydrated and rest and definitely keep that fever down. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 22nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
I would take about 25000 iu of vit. d for 2 days in a row. And do a face steam with eucalyptus oil. If you can take some oil of oregano, do so. OH and elderberry syrup in some water is good for the flu.
February 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the suggestions! The Tylenol is not doing much and I am just sooo achy...esp in lady parts. I wonder if I have a UTI too because I have a terrible lower back ache..but that could just be the achiness in general..plus it is so painful to pee..not burning just like intense pressure pain up inside of there. I am becoming a worry wart though so I guess I should just let it pass and quit wondering!
February 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking healthy thoughts for you! I know how miserable that is!
February 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you aren't feeling well! It could be flu even if you had the vax - it's under 60% effective, so lots of people still get it.

February 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
SOrry you're so sick! Hope you feel better soon.

February 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahhh, yuck!!! Feeling sick while pregnant is just horrible. And yeah, it could still be a flu... maybe a different strain than what you got the vax for. either way.... sucks!!!!!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 22nd, 2012, 11:30 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Awww, I totally feel you on this one I am still getting over bronchitis with a sinus infection and double ear infection. Ugh. It sucked so bad. I hope you can get over this and feel better quickly!!!!! Hugs.
February 23rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try putting the vicks on your feet instead of your chest; and put some thick socks on over it. Its weird, but it helps.

February 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
When did you get the flu shot? You may of actually gotten the flu from it. It's a very common side effect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search