NEW UPDATE TODAY.... Fetal fibronectin test

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By disneydiva76
  • 1 Post By LindseyB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
So I started to have back pain with menstural-like cramps in my lower stomach and tons of pressure today. I called my dr and she asked me to come in so I did. My cervix has not changed much since Monday. Which is good news but she did give me the Fetal fibronectin test.

This test will determined if I am at a high risk of delivering in the next 2 weeks or so... I should hear something back in the next few hours.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

2/23- So I found out today that my test came back negative which is awesome. But I cant gained weight at all and now my uterus isnt measuring on time... its a few weeks behind. Which i know it can be normal but the combination of no weight gain with me and my uterus not measuring on time like it has been and everything is going on this week.... she is concerned about the baby. So I have another u/s schedule for Tuesday to see how the baby is. I also go and see the dr every two weeks and get the special test done every 2 weeks also to see if I have a chance of preterm labor. Well depending on Tuesday depeds on what we will be doing in the next month or so with the baby! It is so crazy! She does not even know what is going on either ugh.... we will see soon... anybody else experience this?

Last edited by megs_babe1986; February 23rd, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
February 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the test is negative! Even if it comes back with a high risk though, that doesn't mean labor will happen, it just means your chance is increased.

February 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Veteran
True.... so we will see... if it comes back pos then I will just have an emergency plan ready just in case though... rather be safe than sorry!

February 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Ya thats the big thing I tell all my patients (I dont believe much in this test) is that even if its positive, don't freak out. We have "positives" all the time that end up going over due. If it's negative, that means you are probably in the clear for 2 weeks but if you are positive you will probably just get monitored more closely and some steroid shots.

Hope that helps! Like I said, they only mean anything to me if theyre negative. Alot of times, they will be positive and then 2 weeks later the next one will be negative which makes no sense.

Its not accurate if you've had sex in the last 24 hours either or have had a cervical exam.

We do these on every patient that comes in for contractions thats between 22-35 weeks, mostly to see if we should go ahead and give Celestone just in case or whether its most likely not needed.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Last edited by LindseyB; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
February 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a positive fetal fibronectin test with my last pregnancy (with Ethan) at 24 weeks. I ended up (after bed rest and meds and several trips to L&D) delivering at 39.5 weeks. Totally full term.

I too have heard if it's negative that's great news...the next 2 weeks you have practically 0% chance of delivering. If it's positive my dr says it means nothing.

I had one of these 2 weeks ago it was negative. I haven't delivered yet, either, thank goodness =) . Good luck!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

February 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great advice Lindsey

I hope all is well with you!
February 22nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyB View Post
Ya thats the big thing I tell all my patients (I dont believe much in this test) is that even if its positive, don't freak out. We have "positives" all the time that end up going over due. If it's negative, that means you are probably in the clear for 2 weeks but if you are positive you will probably just get monitored more closely and some steroid shots.

Hope that helps! Like I said, they only mean anything to me if theyre negative. Alot of times, they will be positive and then 2 weeks later the next one will be negative which makes no sense.

Its not accurate if you've had sex in the last 24 hours either or have had a cervical exam.

We do these on every patient that comes in for contractions thats between 22-35 weeks, mostly to see if we should go ahead and give Celestone just in case or whether its most likely not needed.

I love that we have your expertise on our board You see and hear more than all of us combined on a daily basis. Sometimes it's better to hear from a certified "expert" instead of getting all worried for nothing.

You should be our mascot or something .lol

GL btw and I hope your labor does not start up and it was just some fluke thing. Gotta keep that baby baking just a little while longer.
mamaleddie likes this.

}
February 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it comes back negative!!

Lindsey I'm glad you are on our board to give us an experts opinion. Helps put all us crazy pregnant ladies minds at ease.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Im glad I can help melissa! I love to answer questions so anybody feel free. I answer some funny questions on the phone sometimes lol
melissalaw likes this.

[

February 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Veteran
A new updarw ......

February 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for a negative result!
February 24th, 2012, 04:52 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things are looking up! And the extra monitoring can't help but be good!! KUP after the u/s next week..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
February 24th, 2012, 04:56 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Glad the test came back negative.
February 24th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Let us know how the u/s goes. Was the measurement behind by more than 4 cm? That's usually when they order an u/s for size less than dates at my hospital.

[

February 24th, 2012, 05:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have expericence with this but sounds like a good sign that the test came back negative. Are you trying to gain weight and just can't? Has your dr. talked about a higher calorie diet maybe? I hope everything looks good on Tuesday. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the test came back negative! I've measured ahead, on time and then behind before, but never more than 4cm, so my provider has never been worried.

February 25th, 2012, 07:52 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope everything goes well on Tuesday! Sorry you are having to deal with so much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search