Lotion?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By disneydiva76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you ladies using lotion, oil or anything else on your tummy? How often? What are you using? Has it prevented stretch marks so far? Has it kept you from itching?

I have been using lotion since about 10 weeks. I have heard some people say that it does nothing to prevent stretch marks and others who swear by it. Just curious as to other experiances.

To answer my own questions, I have been using something since 10 weeks. I do not have stretch marks thus far and I really don't have any itching either. I use it everytime I get out of the shower. I alternate between the Palmer's lotion for stretch marks and the Publix brand Cocoa Butter.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Any tiny marks I got I got right at the end of my last pregnancy or after delivery. I didn't think you could get stretch marks after delivery, but others said it was true and they are right! Pretty weird. They are tiny though. I use L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream with 25% shea butter and think it works very well. Like I said, only a few tiny marks and you can't see them when I'm not pregnant. I use it when I remember or feel stretchy or itchy, same as last time. Too bad I didn't think to use it on my boobs early on last pregnancy b/c that's where my visible stretch marks are. But I don't mind them I don't really think it does much in prevention, but I'll say I do just because it makes me feel proactive lol. I love how it feels!
February 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been using nivea essentially enriched for extra dry skin and nivea creme. I am a lotion and chap stick kinda girl. I use both religiously even if not pregnant. I dont use the lotion to prevent stretchmarks as I have stretchmarks on my tummy from my first pregnancy. I use it to stop the itching and it seems to help. Along with staying hydrated.

February 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meh. Just my usual. The women that swear by it, don't get stretch marks, or don't get them badly. The women that don't....got em. LOL It is all in your skins elasticity and I have also heard genetics play a big role in it. I, personally, am not concerned with it at all. This is my 4th child though, and my belly does look like a rand mcnally road map
February 22nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I use plamers stretch mark or whatever pretty much every day on my boobs stomach and thighs and I use palmers tummy butter on my stomach about twice a week. I started using them pretty early on. So far no itching and no stretch marks but Im growing pretty fast now so we'll see what happens.

February 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Palmer's cocoa butter with both pregnancies on my belly and never got stretch marks. It was probably just my genetics. But I did it anyway. I have put it on a few times this time around but not nightly like in my past pregnancies. I'm just being lazy I guess.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
I use no lotion. I have zero stretchmarks. My mom had three kids and had no stretchmarks either. It's really just down to genetics.

February 22nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I also agree it's genetics and probably how fast you grow. Can your skin accommodate a fast growth? Mine did well until the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with DS and then I got some.

But lotion does make everything feel nicer, so it can't really hurt.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Don't fall into the lotion hype. They can hydrate and soften the skin, but nothing can medically prevent or get rid of a stretch mark from a bottle. Just not medically possible. If you're skin over stretches, it will leave a stretch mark. Just like a balloon that gets blown up too much, you can't make it go back. Without plastics.

Alot of people fall into that hype. Good luck!
.:fearless:. likes this.

}
February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I totally agree stretch marks are based on genetics. I use lotion though, but all over my body, especially when I get out of the shower. Since I live in Colorado and it's so dry here, I have to use lotion or my skin gets scaly.
February 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mother has the worst stretch marks ever and somehow I have none and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

While pregnant with Jackson I used Muscle Oil | Skin Care Products and Reviews | Extras - Mario Badescu Skin Care this oil and Bio Oil which you can get at Target or Walgreens. I would use the muscle oil in the morning and the Bio Oil at night before bed. I am using both of these again and thankfully still no stretch marks. I'm hoping that they continue to work as good this time as they did whild I was pregnant with Jackson.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use a few different things..one of my faves is a body butter from bath and body works. (Mega Butter? Something like that.) It has a combo of aloe, shea, cocoa and something else in it..smells kind of chocolatey. But its super moisturizing and just feels good. I've only just started feeling itchy/dry/stretched though; so I just started using some when I get out of the tub. Its not like a daily ritual or anything though. I am focusing really hard on drinking enough water to stay hydrated. I've gotten a few stretch marks in my boobs, but they faded pretty quickly. None on my tummy so far, and hoping I can make it through this one the same. Who knows...

February 23rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have been using just a generic Cocoa butter lotion just for the heck of it and I have no stretch marks yet...but I dont know if I will get them because my skin seems to be handling the stretching pretty easy. I do have stretch marks on the underside of my boobs though for some reason...noticed those when I first got pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search