sudden vision problems

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I saw what I can only figure is floaters. I hear of diabetics seeing them. It was out of the corner of my eyes. They were black dots with tiny lines shooting across my vision. It was really weird. I googled it and from what I saw some women get them during pregnancy. I had my GD test come back fine so I am not worried about that. I did read it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia as well. But I don't really think I have that. I have been checking my blood pressure a lot lately. Other than night blindness I have never had vision problems.

Anyone else ever hear of this during pregnancy or experience it?

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have vitreous floaters and have for years. I have noticed more lately too. BP is fine though. GD test it this Fri so hopefully that comes out alright! When I had pre-e last pregnancy, I didn't notice any floaters.
February 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm the same as MJ. I've had these for years and have been noticing them more lately. My BP is normal and I passed my GD test.

I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.
February 22nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I have floaters and have had them for years as well. But if this is a recent thing during pregnancy, I'd probably get checked out by a doctor to make sure that you don't have pre-e.
February 23rd, 2012, 05:17 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Ive just noticed as of late, maybe the last month or so, that ive been noticing floaters. It seems everytime i go to the bathroom ( so maybe the sudden change from sitting to standing causes it for me.)
Also i noticed it the other day when i was driving. I dont see them all the time, and i have terrible vision, and failed ( marginally) my 1 hour test. My BP is always, and has always been normal, during pregnancy.

I plan on bringing it up to my OB tomorrow at my appt.
February 23rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that vision problems can occur during pregnancy. My eye doctor won't do yearly exams while you are pregnant because he says that pregnancy can mess with your vision. I think it should go back to normal after pregnancy. I would definitely mention it to your dr at your next visit.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 05:51 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I have had floaters for years. I really haven't noticed them that much during this pregnancy though. The other day I had a regular doctors appointment and I really noticed them. When he checked my blood pressure and it was high for me. I have been running normal through this pregnancy.
February 23rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
That sounds more like what some people get as a migraine aura. Floaters are actually little shapes/dots that float across your vision, as if a fuzzy was floating in the air. I get those all the time and my eye doctor says they are normal unless they get large or so many of them that they inturrupt my actual vision.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
February 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was just googling about my legs and hands falling asleep, and I saw that one of the signs of pre-eclampsia is sudden vision problems...

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
February 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I usually get floaters when my blood pressure is too low and I am getting close to passing out! My doc knows about it and tells me to relax, sit down, and get something to drink when they happen.

If these are new, I'd mention it to my doc. Just to see if there is a connection to something easy to fix.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Andrea is right, real floaters which are not a sign of pre-eclampsia are usually clear squiggly like thingies that when you try to look at them they move around. Sort of like some phantom fuzzy. I am not sure if they can have a real definable shape or color or what that would mean if they did.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. If I have them again I might call. Otherwise I will wait until my next appointment to bring it up.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I think it's pretty normal unless you have other symptoms. I wear contacts and can't wear them. I've thrown 3 pair away in the last month after a day because thy make my eyes blood shot, burn, ooze, and swell. Ugh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search