Big Ole Bellies!!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you all found that your belly is getting in the way of your daily activities? Has it gotten harder to put on your sock or tie your shoes?

I was trying to tie my tennis shoes last night and has the worst time. My belly kept getting in the way..lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Uh yes. Way more than with first pregnancy. Its hard to help karmen get dressed and tie her shoes or my own. Its almost impossible to shave anything but I make it work somehow. Haha. I can't imagine 8 weeks from now.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
yeah i think it still depends where he is laying though sometimes it hurts to lean over and sometimes it's fine.

February 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha especially when it comes to doing things with DS. when I help him put his shoes on usually I sit sort of on my knees and he will sit on my lap. lately he will come over and plop down with his shoes like normal, but when I try to reach his foot my belly pushes him off my lap lol. I am going to have to come up with a new routine for that. I also find my belly getting strangely hot when cooking by the stove :/. I am just waiting for the day I catch my shirt on fire not thinking.
melissalaw likes this.

February 23rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
aka shawna
i feel like i am squishing her all the time!
February 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the kids get up on the couch or the bed so I can help with things like shoes socks or pants. It gets them on my level without having to get on the floor. On bad days, I've sent wyatt to preschool in crocks. Haha but its not cold here, and his teachers get it. Caroline is always on the changing table. That helps also. I make dh wash their hair in the bath tho. I just can't seem to lean over the tub that long to soap up 3 kiddos anymore!
February 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can still do most things, but it is harder to bathe the girls even in the soaking tub. So, I just make DH do it

February 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes! Dressing Chase is hard! Especially because now he has an opinion about everything he wears so it takes like 10X longer

I also am bumping my belly into stuff more. I'm used to having more clearance lol.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am totally pushing buttons on the stove with my belly when I cook. LOL..I just kind of do my shoes/socks from the side, and get by ok..just prop my foot up sideways across my knee. I can still bend over pretty well too though; I actually realized last week that I can still do a standing toe touch! I was quite proud of myself.

February 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Whenever I bend over, baby boy always wacks me. Wonder if I'm squishing him?

February 23rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
I have a hard time putting on socks and shoes. But the worst thing is getting off the couch. I struggle with that alot, lol.
bookworm16_2000 likes this.

February 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep... and it keeps catching me off guard, like what, why can't I bend over enough to reach that thing? Oh, right. I just need to make minor adjustments at this point, but it's kind of funny.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I have given up on tying my shoes (slip ons are my friend!) because every time I try Junior gives me kicks. I manage socks most days and Allison gets dressed on our bed so I don't have to bend over.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the worst time with socks and shoes! At least now I'm barefoot all day.
February 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I grunt LOL! Grunt when I bend, when I get up. Just grunt. My uniform for work is insanely getting uncomfortable. I got bigger pants and they are HUGE everywhere else and don't always stay up and I keep getting chub rub rash between my legs AND if I am not careful since my shirt is so small (I always wear long tanks under, but it isn't helping much anymore) my belly hangs out. I posted this on FB but I'll share here as well. I can't tie my shoes, zip my coat, shave my junk, climb off the couch, install a car seat....sigh
You can see how HUGE the pants are on me, but the next size down was cutting into my belly. When I started out with these uniforms in August I needed a MD...these are XL. My shirt is still a LG.
February 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I grunt a lot. Every time I bend over, every time I run my belly into something, and every time my kid asks me for "piggy back ride." I sound like a weightlifter, lol
February 24th, 2012, 04:57 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's rubbing the steering wheel! Gahhh! When I'm working in the kitchen with anybody it's constantly bumping into them, and pretty soon I will take up the whole tub if I lay sideways in it! Aaron is gonna have to grease me up to get me out!!!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
February 24th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I cannot bend over anymore and my balance is way off. I have to sit down to put pants, shoes and socks on which I never used to do. If I've been sitting for a while I have to just stand for a minute before I start walking to make sure I have my balance. When I get out of bed I stumble a bit before I can walk straight.

Ugh, my center of gravity has been thrown way off.
February 24th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Amanda your pants swallow you whole..lol.

February 24th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
I've noticed sometimes when I'm bending over a bit it feels squished. At yoga the other day I couldn't do all the moves as easily, I had to readjust myself a couple of times!

The problem is that baby is LOW and belly is LOW and pants are becoming less of an option!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search