my fabulous morning....vent!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This morning way sooo frustrating! It started out fine. I thought we were gonna be on time and good until right before we left the house for school drop offs. I went in to grab caroline and change her, and she's covered in poop, again! This is like a daily thing now. She's teething and its giving her diahrea. So, I get her cleaned up and changed and in the car, and start drivng. I look. Over at ella, and her hair looks funny, it was fine when I combed it at home. She's gotten toothpast all in it! Then I notice that her lips are chapped and there's toothpaste on her face. She has chapstick in her bag, but she never remembers to use it. (Yeah, mommies getting homonal here). Then her fly is donw! So I ask her to zip it, and she's starts acting like she doesn't know how. Yeah, she does, she's 5. Haha gah! So mommy snaps. Not great. I felt like crud for snapping at her. Then we go to drop wyatt at preschool next. Once in the parking lot drop off, I move him to the front seat to expedite the process ( they r picky about what side to exit from). And he's gotten boogers all over his face hands, and shirt! Gah! He has allergies. So, I'm frantically wiping him and blowing his nose with wipes. Get him cleaned off and at school, thankfully without snapping at him. Sigh. I go to drive off and take a sip of my coffee id grabed from the drive thru, and spilled hot coffee all over my shirt, lap, everywhere! Omg tha t burned! Yeah, the people didn't put the top on right. Yay! So there's my hormonal, fabulous morning for ya getting 3 kids up and ready for the day! Ill be so happy when my hormones are back in check, and mommy has her patience back. and I feel soooooo incredibly guiilty for snapping at ella. Poor girl had tears in her eyes when she left. I realize she's 5, and I shoulda handled t better. Now to figure out how to make it up to her, and lock myself away from the general public while caroline naps.....
February 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for the rough morning! I snapped at both my girls the other day, so I know how you feel with feeling bad about it! Hope the day gets better!

February 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you've had such a bad morning. I completely understand, it's easy to lose your patience every now and again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you girls! I feel like the only mom who looses her temper. I feel like were supposed to be calm and patient at all times. I'm aparently not living up to that.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
Been there. I feel guilty to when I snap at him, when I could of probably controlled it. I've been really good about my blow ups...I haven't had any in long time. You know she'll be fine, but just try to make it up to her.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are we "supposed to be" calm patient perfect mommies? Of course...but we are HUMAN! :-) Don't beat yourself up...she will have forgotten about it by the time you pick her up; and if she does talk about it or something, you can have a talk with her about how mommies get mad sometimes too, and that you know you shouldn't have yelled at her. That way she gets that you know it wasn't ok, and you set the example. I have been snappy too, especially in the mornings. Its tough, but if that's the worst thing they experience from us during their childhoods; we will have done ok. ((Hugs)) Hope your day gets better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search