Braxton Hicks?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So how often are you guys getting Braxton Hicks Contractions? Are they pretty regular or very irregular? Anybody not getting them at all? What do you do to help with them, lay down, drink more water, etc?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been getting them fairly regular. some days more than others. it really depends how much I am moving around or not. if it is just a couple I just keep going about what I am doing and don't think much of it. if they start getting consistent I go sit down and relax.

February 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get them fairly regularly, usually in the evenings. I just drink more water and typically lie down for a bit.

February 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get them regularly as in daily; but not SO regularly that I can time how far apart they are. I try to start with drinking a big glass of water if they are on the stronger side; and if that doesn't take care of them, I try to rest and get my feet up then. That usually takes care of them.

February 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has always been hard for me to tell if I am having them. But I think I am. After a lot of cleaning or walking I get real tight. It's not painful, but very uncomfortable. I am drinking a lot so I just try and lay down. It does seem to help. But lately when I lay down the baby goes nuts and that is uncomfortable on it's own. Add to it the braxton hicks and it's not the best feeling.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 23rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I get them daily but at different times during the day. They are mostly at night but I only get one or two of them a day. If I get more, I will usually drink some water and then lay down which will take care of them.

February 23rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was getting them fairly regularly but they have died off a lot this week. I get them in the afternoon & evenings. Typically it means I need more water.
February 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
Maybe a couple times. They're not strong.
February 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am. I try to drink water, and lay down. If that doesn't help, I get in the bathrub. that always helps!
February 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I get them pretty regularly- one or two every few hours, not enough to worry but enough to be a bother! I usually get my glass of water and take a few swigs and that will calm them down. If I'm at home, I'll go sit down and put my feet up, if I can. But that's not always possible with a 2 year old!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 24th, 2012, 02:12 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I went shopping the other day and when I walk around I get them REALLY bad.... like super strong.. The other day I was getting them really badly while I was shopping.. I got home.. layed down, still going strong and then got a huge sharp pain twice across my tummy... I seriously thought something was wrong... It was a bit scary... But yep mostly when I walk around a bit.. and usually REALLY strong

February 24th, 2012, 05:33 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
I have been crampy literally since week 6. I have a pretty irritable uterus though. I have BH everyday but none that concern me. Lots of water helps

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 24th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I got them pretty bad last night and of course DH was out of town, so I was trying to relax and take care of Jackson which is just not possible. Thankfully he went to bed early and once I was able to drink a bunch of water and lay down they went away. Pretty scary but I seem to thankfully be good today.

February 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think I get them, but maybe I do. There are times when I am more uncomfortable than others. But to me, it doesn't feel like what people describe for BH. When I'm super uncomfortable at work, there isn't a lot I can do but drink some water. At home, I lay on my side and that usually relieves the discomfort.

So, I was going to ask this - What do BH feel like? Is there a noticeable start and stop?

February 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Dawn for me I just notice that im uncomfortable and things feel tight and if I touch my uterus its really hard. Then after a few minutes I just feel a release of pressure.

I get at least one a day now, sometimes up to 4 or 5 a day but still not regular at all.

February 27th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
I don't think I get them, but maybe I do. There are times when I am more uncomfortable than others. But to me, it doesn't feel like what people describe for BH. When I'm super uncomfortable at work, there isn't a lot I can do but drink some water. At home, I lay on my side and that usually relieves the discomfort.

So, I was going to ask this - What do BH feel like? Is there a noticeable start and stop?
Dawn my feel like Becky described. My stomach just contracts up into a really hard ball. It doesn't really hurt just uncomfortable. I get realy uncomfortable sometimes and I think it is the way the baby is laying. He is putting alot of pressure on my belly. If I will lay down on my side he will usually shift and give me some relief but when I'm at work, I also just have to deal with. Can't necessarily lay down in the floor of my office, although I have been really tempted lately..lol.

February 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get them ALL the time...but not every day. I get them so often and even to the point of at least 10 to 12 in an hour..but they always go away so I have stopped really worrying and just try to relax when they start heavy. Most of the time its when I am out shopping all day or something and have not been drinking enough water. I am pretty sure I am dialating already though ( I am so used to checking myself when I as TTC that its not a big deal to me now) so maybe this means my baby will come out on time and quick!
February 27th, 2012, 07:11 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I get them daily, but usually when my activity is higher. Like on my walk I'll have some. But I've been upping my fluids so I haven't been getting them as much.

February 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I get a few a day, maybe 3-4. And pretty much every day.

I dont really worry about them, if they were regular or every couple of minutes, i would try drinking some water or calling my OB, but so far they are very sporadic so im not terribly concerned about them. I got them all the time with my pregnancy with DS, and not at all with DD.
February 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
my midwife said to call if I have more than 4 an hour, Im nowhere near that I think once I had two in an hour but thats rare.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search