baby monitors/video monitors

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Has anyone used a video monitor in their nursery before? With Jack, we used the standard graco $25 monitor and it worked just fine.. But, I really am interested in a video monitor this time around. Any suggestions on their effectiveness or brands that are better than others?

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
February 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Ive done lots and lots of researching. Lots of them have great reviews, and then at the same time have a few horrible ones in there. I think its like that with any baby product.

This will be the one that we are getting. The middle one- i think its 169.
Amazon.com: Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with 1.5 Inch Color LCD Screen: Baby

It had all the features i was looking for, price is a little higher than i wanted, but at over 300 reviews it still is at 4 stars.
February 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
We also went with the Motorola, although I think the screen might be a different size. It arrives next week And, we also have the standard $25 monitor for DD, so we are excited to try something new. We're going to set the video monitor up in DDs room for now so I can watch her (she spends so much time playing (and even arguing!) with her stuffed toys before bed, I'd love to see what that looks like!)
February 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a Summer brand video monitor for Chase and LOVE it! I have used it religiously since Chase was born and he's about to turn 3 now. It helps me so much because I am one of those paranoid moms who (especially during the first year) would jump up at any noise he would make during sleep and rush to his side. It's nice to be able to see that everything is fine. I have had no problems with the monitor. Cole will room with us for a while but when he moves into his room we will use it for him

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 24th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely LOVE my video monitor. I couldn't have made it through the first year (or second for that matter) wthout it. I have a Summer infant one it's ULTRA sensitive to sound so nothing gets by me while I sleep. I could even hear her breathing.

The only suggestion I have that I wish I had gotten was look for one that is "secure or private." I have one of the older models that are on public channels so if some creeper were to drive by my house within range with a similar monitor they could potentially see into my baby's room. Or if you have a neighbor using a simlilar model your frequencies could get crossed and their nursery could show up on your screen..I imagine that could creep someone out!
February 24th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the Summer one too and it does pick up everything, which makes it hard for a light sleepr like me However, I love it b/c it gives me a peace of mind esp since he sleeps on another floor.

I am in the market for a new one though, a split screen since we'll have two babies in different rooms.

February 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
We have a Summer brand video monitor for Chase and LOVE it! I have used it religiously since Chase was born and he's about to turn 3 now. It helps me so much because I am one of those paranoid moms who (especially during the first year) would jump up at any noise he would make during sleep and rush to his side. It's nice to be able to see that everything is fine. I have had no problems with the monitor. Cole will room with us for a while but when he moves into his room we will use it for him
We have a summer one too and love it! I love how it's flat screen and how you can turn off the screen @ night but leave the sound and light bar on. Then when you want to see baby on the screen it's a simple smack of the snooze like button on top. No fumbling for switches in the dark.

We might get the newer version that has the flat screen and a video hand held for this baby so we can use a video on each kid. We still use this one and Lilly is 3. ( I saw this on the TORI and dean show. She had the same exact monitor, just one on dads night stand and one on moms for each kiddo)

It is by far the best thing baby wise we ever bought bc you get your money's worth.

Get one! Lol.

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search