Swelling?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 05:23 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you started swelling yet? Are both your hands and feet swelling? Do you find that drinking lots of water seems to help with the swelling.

Today is the first day that I have really noticed swelling in my hands. My wedding ring is fitting a little bit tight. I'm going to try to drink lots of water today and see if that will help. My feet and ankles have been swelling for a few weeks now and I find nothing seems to help with that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 24th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet! I didn't swell much with my first pregnancy either. I was wearing my wedding rings the day of delivery. Mine still fit the same now.
February 24th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I swell much during pregnancy until towards the very end. That was with my youngest. My face was swelling so she wanted me to have him in case pre-eclampsia was starting. I was 38 weeks at that point.

My feet and toes might have been swollen a few times. It's hard to tell since my feet spread anyway during pregnancy. So I can't tell if they are just wider or swelling. I can't tell as far as my hands because I have not worn my wedding ring since before I became pregnant. I gained A LOT of weight and it didn't fit anymore.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 24th, 2012, 06:01 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
My hands have swelled just enough to make me buy a fake wedding band and put away my wedding set, just to be on the safe side. My ankles are swollen everyday when I get home from work, but the water does help and it subsides once I rest.

February 24th, 2012, 06:08 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
LOL I was going to start this thread today!

YES! By every afternoon evening, my ankles and legs are swollen. With DS I didn't have any issue with swelling till after he was born- and I blame that on the IV fluids.

I asked my doctor about it yesterday and he told me it sounds like normal pregnancy swelling, and it will most likely get worse too. As long as it's just my legs and ankles, just elevate them or take a warm bath as full as I can get it to help take the pressure off and let them drain. But if my fingers or face start to swell then he will want to look at other reasons.

February 24th, 2012, 06:43 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Swelling here too. Water end elevation definitely help, but as soon as I am up and about I noticed the swelling comes back.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
February 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I have been downing water all morning and my ring is fitting better now so I guess the water really does help.

February 24th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No swelling here. The only time I've swelled this pregnancy is after going up to a high elevation, then I was fine once I came back down.

February 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
I get swelling in my feet and ankles after being on my feet all day at work. But it quickly goes away when I put my feet up.

February 24th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I've noticed a little in both my hands and feet over the last week, but I have been forgetting to drink my water and running around like crazy. It will usually go down as soon as I relax for a few minutes and drink water.

February 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
No...but my rings fit differently from day to day. Sometimes they are loose and sometimes they are tighter.

February 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No swelling in my hands or face, but I've still got my sausage boat feet! Even on bed rest with my feet up all day they're puffy. Hubby amuses himself by poking at the tops of my feet and watching the little dents fill in.
February 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
My feet and ankles look fatter, not overly swollen, but definitely chubbier. Hubs concurs!
February 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I never noticed any swelling at all with my first pregnancy. This time I have noticed swelling in my feet and ankles. When I take off my socks it is pretty obvious!

February 27th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
I never noticed any swelling at all with my first pregnancy. This time I have noticed swelling in my feet and ankles. When I take off my socks it is pretty obvious!
Same thing here. My socks leave a noticeable ring on my ankle so I know I've got some swelling going on. Seems I can drink tons of water and I stilll have that ring.

February 27th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran
You know, i was just thinking about being the drama queen of the office and finding something to prop my feet up on. Ha they look awful by the time i get home.

February 27th, 2012, 06:57 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
My feet and ankles have been swelling for weeks, no matter how much water I drink. The only thing that helps is sitting with my feet up. I noticed yesterday that my hands must have joined in on the party because my ring was feeling tighter. I am drinking as much water as I can stand but it doesn't seem to help since I did the same thing with my last pregancy too!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 27th, 2012, 07:00 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
last night my whole legs were swollen looked like logs! I don't know if that was the first time or just the first time I looked but I was pretty busy yesterday and didnt drink enough water so it might have been that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search