Bra rant..yes again

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 05:36 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate bras! Since I have gotten big I can't stand to wear them..It doesn't matter how good the fit it is, they dig into my rib cage...even the bravados! And if I wear it super loose its useless to have it on. Most of the time I opt to wear a cami at home under my clothes to avoid wearing one..but sometimes you have to wear one ( esp with my big boobs blah) and the whole time its torture...Plus not wearing causing stretch marks on them but I am over caring about that...its just that with the bump and big boobs there is little room for it to fit properly at the band so it just digs in.

I can't wait for baby to get here for many reasons...but being able to fit into a bra right again is now quickly climbing to top of my list.
February 24th, 2012, 05:40 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had been having lots of bra issues but I finally ordered some Bravado bras last week and they have been wonderful. I love the seamless and the original one. I hate that they are not working for you. It's not much longer and then baby will be here and hopefully you'll get some relief.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 24th, 2012, 06:08 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do love the bravados of everything I have tried so far..I think I might try and get the seamless since I have one original..and maybe I need to go up a size. I think I will def. love them after my bump goes down though!
February 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I could not ask for more.
I have the same exact problem! The second I get home my bra comes off... It's so uncomfortable and leaves marks under my breasts from digging in so much.

Oh the joys,of pregnancy!

February 24th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely try the seamless Bravado bra! It's my fave, although I think during pregnancy you're just uncomfortable regardless sometimes. But they're great after birth!

February 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe I'm sry. When I'm home I use the medela sleep bra. Sooo comfy. but its not a tight bra really. I found it by the nursing pads at walmart.
February 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
I went to a bra boutique called "Change" and they measure you and help you find the perfect fit. Otherwise I did order a maternity bra from the UK and it sucks
February 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
NEW! Racerback Demi Bra - Incredible by Victoria's Secret® - Victoria's Secret

This is by far the most comfortable bra i have ever owned. It is an underwire bra, but i dont feel it, and i HATE underwires, i usually just wear these.Wireless Bra - Body by Victoria® - Victoria's Secret

I personally love victoria secret, you can try on every single bra in the store, and know how its going to be.

I also plan on getting these, becuase they look comfy and practical when i start nursing. Although i dont know how much support it is going to give you, it is very light material.
Wrap Nursing Sleep Bra | Motherhood Maternity Nursing Wear
Lace Trimmed Nursing Sleep Bra | Motherhood Maternity Nursing Wear

At this point though, i would stop buying expensive bras, as your breast may change once again as you start breastfeeding. Mine went up 2 cups when i was BFing and stayed that way until i weaned at 9 months. I would look for some comfy sports bras or sports nursing bras, and call it a day.
February 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Does Victoria secret have big sizes bc all I see in there are itty bitty women.

I feel your pain woman! I try not to wear one @ home bc I hate mine. I've tried a few on in the store but they sucked! I need to find somethig that is smooth all over and doesn't push the big boobs to the side or cause bumps on your shirt.

But I'd rather go to the dentist than try on bras.
HAte it!

}
February 24th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I love victoria secret also! Its all I buy, except the sleep bras. Generally, after a few weeks of nursing, I give up on nursing bras in general and just pull my boob outa the top of the bra. After all the different brands and styles or nursing bras, I've yet to find one that actually makes ur boobs look pretty. A good bra can make u look ten pounds thinner, haha!
February 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
NEW! Racerback Demi Bra - Incredible by Victoria's Secret® - Victoria's Secret

This is by far the most comfortable bra i have ever owned. It is an underwire bra, but i dont feel it, and i HATE underwires, i usually just wear these.Wireless Bra - Body by Victoria® - Victoria's Secret

I personally love victoria secret, you can try on every single bra in the store, and know how its going to be.

I also plan on getting these, becuase they look comfy and practical when i start nursing. Although i dont know how much support it is going to give you, it is very light material.
Wrap Nursing Sleep Bra | Motherhood Maternity Nursing Wear
Lace Trimmed Nursing Sleep Bra | Motherhood Maternity Nursing Wear

At this point though, i would stop buying expensive bras, as your breast may change once again as you start breastfeeding. Mine went up 2 cups when i was BFing and stayed that way until i weaned at 9 months. I would look for some comfy sports bras or sports nursing bras, and call it a day.
I have a few of those Wrap Nursing Sleep bras from Motherhood. They're pretty comfortable, but have very little support. But I just wear them at night anyway.

I used to love VS, but my boobs are too big now

February 25th, 2012, 07:40 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm with you. Anytime I'm home, I'm braless. Taking off my bra and changing into comfy clothes is the first thing I do when I get home. I, too, am over caring about saggy girls.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search