Anyone else still have nothing done for baby?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 06:48 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Is there anyone else out there who still hasn't done anything for this baby? What's the holdup?

_____

All we've done is put the crib together and that is because my in-laws bought it. We haven't purchased anything. His nursery is currently empty, waiting for DH to scrape the ceiling and paint. I haven't even gone through DS's stuff to find what will work for the first couple months.

Our house is such a wreck right now and DH has so many different projects going at once. I'm so incredibly tired and uncomfortable right now that I don't feel like doing anything. I keep procrastinating. I keep thinking 3 months is a long time, but it really isn't! I'm so glad the hospital sends home diapers! At least I know we'll have the necessities!

February 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I have a few pkgs of diapers. That's about it. Money is super tight so hubby wants to wait until after our showers.....march 31..... And see what we get first. I don't even have so much as a sheet for him. makes me sad !

}
February 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like NOTHING is accomplished at all. Nothing is put together, washed etc. I still have a ton of little things and some big things to get. I wish my freaking taxes would come
February 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
We've also done nothing. The spare room has been my storage/hoarding room for the past two years and its full of stuff that needs to be cleared out. We did buy new furniture for DD so her convertible crib, change table, and rocking chair will move to the baby's room when there is space.

We're also Team Green, so I only have girl clothes from DD, I haven't bought anything at all. I am SO glad to read this post to see I am not alone!!
February 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
aka shawna
we've got a package of diapers, a few bits of clothes and i ordered the bedding a week ago which i still havent gotten. can't decide on a paint color until i see bedding, and we've yet to get any of the big items, crib, car seat, etc because i'm putting way too much thought in it, and its making me uneasy. i miss the days when you could buy things based on cuteness, rather than safety. and i still have yet to set foot in a babies r us store... hubby works too much and when he's not working, i feel guilty if we're not spending that time with our little gooseberry, so she doesnt feel left out!
February 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
I feel like NOTHING is accomplished at all. Nothing is put together, washed etc. I still have a ton of little things and some big things to get. I wish my freaking taxes would come
Me too! We are getting a huge return this year (because DH paid in a TON). Most of it is going to pay off debt, but I think I have it arranged to have a little extra. I also want to wait until the big resales we have in our area because that is a great place to get good deal. They aren't until the end of March.

February 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't say nothing, but very little. The cosleeper is still full of Kate's junk that I keep throwing in there "to put away later", the swing and other baby stuff is in the basement. I'm in no rush. She'll probably sleep with me anyways. At some point I'll bring up the bin of newborn clothes and newborn diapers.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh, yeah. Here too! And this is all soooo unlike me! Have had everything nearing completetion for each of my older 3 by this point.. I haven't even ordered the crib bedding. I'm just sooooo tred all the time! Between the older kids school and the 13 mo old. The house isn't being kept up, much less the baby stuff. Mommy guilt....its fun huh??
February 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7181 View Post
ugh, yeah. Here too! And this is all soooo unlike me! Have had everything nearing completetion for each of my older 3 by this point.. I haven't even ordered the crib bedding. I'm just sooooo tred all the time! Between the older kids school and the 13 mo old. The house isn't being kept up, much less the baby stuff. Mommy guilt....its fun huh??
Exactly! I have a hard time keeping clean dishes and clean clothes! Much less doing all the extra stuff I need to do to get ready for May.

February 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
We're clearing out stuff to fix the nursery, but I've done nothing really. I have SO much to do!

February 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the nursery room painted (no furniture, though) and a carseat bought (not installed). If this baby really does wind up so early, we're totally screwed.
February 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Veteran
nope nada!!!! hopefully in march i can go thru DDs stuff and start arranging the room.

February 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I have the crib put together in my room and it is full of my laundry. Cribs make great catch-alls. I also have boxes/bags of clothes and stuff piled in the coat closet. I really don't feel like going through stuff, at all! I started a registry today, and it has a boppy and bottle liners on it.
February 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephL View Post
We've also done nothing. The spare room has been my storage/hoarding room for the past two years and its full of stuff that needs to be cleared out. We did buy new furniture for DD so her convertible crib, change table, and rocking chair will move to the baby's room when there is space.

I am SO glad to read this post to see I am not alone!!
Ditto this! I am feeling very uneasy about it though.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

February 26th, 2012, 05:44 AM
At least I'm not alone! Knowing so many of you are in the same boat as me makes me feel better.

February 26th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
We have the nursery room painted (no furniture, though) and a carseat bought (not installed). If this baby really does wind up so early, we're totally screwed.
So are they giving you any hopes of going home before the baby is born?

February 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
DH put the crib together about a month ago. That is it though, no mattress or sheets yet. I have been given quite a few hand me downs that I need to go through, but I am waiting until I am on maternity leave to do that

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
February 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have painted the room, have the glider, crib, one crib sheet (came with his bedding), mattress, some diapers, wipes, bath stuff, and clothes (0-3 months and up, no newborn). The only basic thing we still need is a carseat and we are taking a class on March 5 about carseat safety and we will get a free carseat for taking the class! I have a shower planned for March 18 so I am not buying anything else until then. I am also supposed to have a shower at work so we will get the stuff we still need later. I am normally a planner so it is making me nervous that I don't have everything I need yet.

Me: 32 DH: 36 DS: 2TTC #2 since May 2013
BFP: 4/19/14 Miscarried at 5 weeks April 2014
7/14: Started with RE. Clomid 100 mg + trigger = BFN and 29mm cyst
8/14: On birth control for cyst
9/14: Femara 5 mg + trigger = BFN
10/15/14: HSG. Possible polyps and blocked tubes. Cycle cancelled for surgery.
11/20/14: Lap and hysteroscopy reveals tubes are clear, no polyps but found endo on uterus and ovaries. Removed.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
So are they giving you any hopes of going home before the baby is born?
No idea yet. I'm still on "day by day". The contractions are less frequent than when I was admitted but they flare up if I do anything crazy like sit up or walk across the room.
February 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
No idea yet. I'm still on "day by day". The contractions are less frequent than when I was admitted but they flare up if I do anything crazy like sit up or walk across the room.
Well, at least baby is staying put! That is what matters. How are you doing with all that? I think I would be an emotional mess. Of course, I'm an emotional mess most of the time right now, anyway!

Last edited by imdawn; February 26th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search