Will you be getting induced?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
This is not an induction debate don't worry.

How many will be getting induced, or asking to be induced? When does your OB do inductions? 39 weeks? 40 weeks? 41 weeks?

At my hospital we don't induce until 41 weeks unless there is a health issue or the patients husband works out of town, etc.

I went into labor on own at exactly 39 weeks with karmen so I'm hoping I won't need to be induced this time either. I was 3 cm at my 39 week appointment and he stripped membranes and I had her that night. I'm going to ask my OB to strip even if I'm only 2 cm or so at 38/39 weeks. Ill admit I'm pretty terrified of missing an epidural again lol. Last time the contractions didn't hurt too bad until I was 5 cm and they broke water. I also live 40 minutes away.

What about you?

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. My midwives won't talk induction until 41 weeks, and even then I'd push it past 42 before agreeing to anything (with extra monitoring). But Kate came right before my due date so I don't anticipate anything but a normal labor.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't be, unless I go to 42 weeks. My NP is fine with waiting until 42 weeks. I think hospital policy is no inductions for non-emergency reasons prior to 40 weeks.

ETA: I don't really foresee it coming up anyway, since I went into labor on my own with both girls - Lily at 39 weeks and Vi at 38w,3days. Hopefully, I'll go into labor on my own again.

February 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be thrilled to death if induction winds up even being a conversation!
February 25th, 2012, 05:18 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I have no idea. I won't do anything or make that decision until I'm 39 weeks and see what kind of progress I've made. I was induced with DS at 39 weeks 1 day and the labor was a breeze. I won't do it again unless my body is very favorable and my anxiety seems really bad. I have birth anxiety like a mofo.

February 25th, 2012, 05:18 PM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I have had two "emergency" inductions so far for pre-e. So I am pretty sure we will be going that route again. With DS2 I was barely even 1.5cm when we started, and it took about 11ish hours from start to finish. With DS1 I was 3cm or so, and his took 10hr start to finish. My body responds somewhat well to it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I was induced with my son due to low amniotic fluid. I was pretty uncomfortable and I was 39 weeks and a few days so I didn't have a problem with it, although I was really looking forward to my water breaking. I think of it as a nice surprise. Maybe I'll get to experience that this time.
February 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I don't want my water to break at home. I've seen too many bad things with that plus this baby seems to have a pretty long cord it looks like on u/s and if God forbid it slips out I want to be at the hospital and not home 40 min away. I guess a prolapsed cord is one of my many labor fears.

[

February 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
I went into labor on my own with DD on her due date, so I am hoping to do the same with this baby as well.
February 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will most likely be if I go past 40 weeks, by my choice. Last time I got pre-eclampsia at 41 weeks, and was completely fine until then. I started natural induction then pit that same day my BP went out of control. I personally believe it was related to going overdue, as I had an IUI and knew my exact conception date to the hour. Come to find out, women with thyroid issues, specifically hypothyroidism (like I have) have been shown in studies to go beyond their due date (the mechanisms that should trigger labor fail - which makes sense since that and your thyroid are both part of your adrenal system), have a placenta that deteriorates more quickly, and have a malpositioned during birth. All of which I had last time. It's amazing I found all of this out doing research preparing for this birth. I am also most likely taking extra labs in the third trimester (as opposed to just once) to check my thyroid function and adjust my meds up if necessary. The saying that every baby comes when they are ready is imo not always true at all (which I used to believe, before it was me having the complications).

Anyways, just my 2 cents of what I'm doing
February 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not averse to it, and my doc seems to think I will be begging for it before long, lol..I really wanted Aaron to have that 'this is it' moment, but we'll see..4 out of 5 of my kids have been induced. I was always 2-3 centimeters, and never labored longer than 6 hours..pitocin works well on me I guess we'll just see how I'm feeling, how big baby gets, (he feels huge), and how my bp is..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
February 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think so. I was induced at 39w 3d with dd becasue of GD. I'm almostpositive I don't have it this time so they won't induce unless I'm 40w 6 d.

[IMG][/IMG]

February 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a repeat c section.

I was induced at 38 weeks with my oldest because he had IUGR. I was going to be induced at 38 weeks with my youngest because He was stressed, I was starting pre-eclampsia, and my pulse that was high since 22 weeks was getting worse. He was breech so we did a c section instead.

I am not opposed to inductions. The only thing I didn't like is my contractions went from 0 to 100 in minutes and I never got a chance to get use to the pain gradually.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Super Mommy
It depends on which doctor is on call. One doctor in my practice I REFUSE to have deliver my baby if I can help it, so if he's on call around my due date, I will be induced. If I hit 40 weeks, I will ask to be induced.

I went 9 days over with my first and then was induced, it was a nightmare.
I was induced at 39 weeks with my second because of low fluid.
I was induced at 39 weeks with my third just because.

I have LOVED being induced at 39 weeks. My babies were still large and healthy, and my deliveries went so much better than that first horrible one.
February 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was induced at 41 weeks with both of my boys. Both took less than 7 hours and wasn't so bad. I really want to have the "this is the time" rush to the hospital this time. I probably won't have my doctor induce before 5/14 - my due date is May 1. If we need to do it before then (medical reason) I'm okay with that, but I'd really like to show up at the hospital in labor this time if I can.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM
.Jessica.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no...I didnt even talk to my midwife about an induction. We will do all the at home stuff first and have her strip my membranes etc before we get that far. But I didnt need to be induce with the last pregnancy. She came the day before her due date. So Im hoping this time it goes similar?? crossing fingers.

February 25th, 2012, 11:59 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I hope to god I Do get induced. My first baby, 15 years ago, I was induced due to lack of fluid. She was a long one but was born a day before due date.

Lilly, now 3, was induced bc I went to the ER to be checked to see if my water was leaking. I was "scheduled to be induced the following morning due to possible growth restriction. From the time pit was started to the time baby was delivered was a whole 4 hours long. She was also born a day before due date.

I'm absolutely SCARED TO DEATH about going into labor on my own or having my water break at home. I've already brought this up last week and was told with my history my fluid my leak early again and that's considered a medical induction so it's not like I'm just asking. But god willing I will beg the dr to start stripping my membranes @ 39 weeks and schedule an induction close to due date.

I refuse to go past 40. I'm miserable this pregnancy. I want it over ASAP.

}
February 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I am scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks due to my Gestation Diabetes and the history of blood clots in my leg. I am hoping to go on my own a few days before that though as labor w/ Pitocin stinks.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
February 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Crazy that some of us will be in the hospital in less than 9 weeks!!! If im dilated enough im asking her to strip me at 38 weeks so hopefully i can skip the 5 days of prodromal labor this time

[

February 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was induced with Jackson at 39 weeks and will most likely be induced again this time if this baby doesn't come any earlier than 39 weeks. I don't have any one to watch Jackson who lives close, so I want to make sure that my mother in law is at our house when I go into labor so an induction will be easier.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search