How big is baby?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went for my 4D scan yesterday and Luke didn't cooperate. LOL. He had his face in the placenta the whole time. So we go back on Tuesday to try again.

I am 30 weeks and they said he was measuring 3 lbs 8 oz. From all my phone apps, that is like a pound over! Now I am freaking out! How much did your baby weigh at last weigh in and how far along were you?

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my ultrasound last Tuesday, baby was an estimated 3 lb 6 oz (74% percentile).

According to LMP, I was 28w 2d at that point but the "composite ultrasound age" based on measurements was 29w 6d. *shrug*
February 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Mine was 2.5 lbs at my last sono on valentines day and that had me @ 27 weeks. Now I'm worried mine is too small?

}
February 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 28 weeks my little boy was 2 lbs 9 oz. I don't think your baby sounds too big. Did you ask your dr about his size?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ultrasounds are known to be off by a pound or more at times, up or down. I wouldn't fret too much
February 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a scan with my dr this week as well so we will see how close they are when they estimate size. I know that they can be off some but I have a mild case of GD therefore my fear for my sons size. I know if they start getting really big, it can mean they are making their own insulin and therefore have some problems when they are first born. So I already knew that I would be freaking out if he was big. I am going to wait and see what happens at my doctor's scan this week as I am sure it is more accurate. I just want my baby to be born healthy and not too big because of the stupid GD!

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had an u/s since my anatomy scan, but at my appt last week (I was 28w,4d) I got a hand out about weeks 29-32 and it said baby probably weighs a bit over 3lbs. So, based on that, your LO doesn't seem big at all. And later u/s can be off on pounds a lot...I've known several women who were told they were having a "big" baby of 9-11lbs and they popped out a 6-7lb baby.

I understand your concern with the GD though, but I think your LO sounds fine weight wise for right now, so I would try not to worry.

February 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
At my last u/s (28 weeks) he was measuring 3 lbs 2 oz and 16 inches in length. That put him at 30 weeks for weight and 31 weeks for length. My OB wasn't worried because my DH is 6'4! My DD was close to "normal" at birth (7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches) and at her ultrasounds but is now a giant at 27 pounds and 38 inches tall at 2 years old.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
at 28wks, 3lbs.

February 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I understand your concern with the mild GD but his measurements sound just fine. There is such a high range of normal in babies. It never hurts to call your doc with your concerns. They are usually the best people to make you feel better and reassure you. Chase was born at 37 weeks and he was a bit over 8lbs. I had GD with him. But he had no health issues from the GD, he was just big at birth. And it all evened out. At 6 months his head was still huge but the rest of him was in the 40th-60th percentile.

At my last growth u/s at just about 27 weeks Cole was estimated at 2.5 lbs He pretty much measured 60th percentile across the board. I have an another growth scan in a week and I'll be a few days shy of 30 weeks so we'll see how much he's grown. I feel like he's had a major growth spurt recently. Last week I was so hungry all the time and it feels like he's getting a little squished in there

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
2 weeks ago at my scan I was 25 weeks and I was told that baby A was 1Ib 11oz and baby B was 1Ib 10oz.
He said they are just slightly under which was normal for Twins. Next scan is in 2 weeks time at 29weeks so can't wait to see how much they've grown.

[SIZE="3"]

February 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
aka shawna
i am 31 weeks tomorrow, had an ultrasound today. baby is measuring about 3 lbs 10 ounces. which they said was in the 51 percentile. which is normal according to the doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search