If I have an ergo do I need a beco?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw one on sale locally, and I am tempted to get it. But I already have an ergo with newborn insert that I used last time and I liked it. I am also making my own moby-like wrap. Should I get it? Is it different enough or worth it?
February 26th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you need both. I have a Beco and I thought about getting an Ergo too though. For me, I was able to use the Beco comfortably from birth with Vi and still loved it as she got older. I've heard from some friends that they've preferred the Beco for newborn/small infant and Ergo as their LO got older though. I think it just depends on the person and their body type though as well. Some fit the Beco better, and some the Ergo. I think if you liked the Ergo, then I'd just stick with that

February 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
We ordered a custom BabyHawk, but do have an Ergo. I decided that since I have a Cuddly Wrap I will use that in the infant stage and move onto the Ergo or BH as he gets older. We only ordered the BH because the Ergo doesn't fit DH very well and I have heard the BH fit larger people a little better. If it were not for DH I probably would have just stuck with the Ergo alone and purchased the infant insert.

February 27th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I don't think you need both, either.. unless you want to try the Beco and see which you prefer. Or if you'd like to keep one carrier at home and one in the car for outings..

I have both and I pretty much only used my Beco for my second. I bought the Ergo with my first but wanted to try the Beco because I loved the cute prints.. They're pretty much the same, just depends which you prefer. I liked wearing the Beco more because it's more stylish (in my opinion).. so I like to think of it as an accessory for me while I'm carrying my baby. But my Ergo is the black with tan hood.. I know that there are more color options now for the Ergo.

February 27th, 2012, 01:14 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I wouldn't do both... they're very similar. I'm having a hard time deciding which new carrier to get this time - I have a few but no buckle carriers - and they're all similar but with little distinctions among them. I'm sure if I tried them all I'd prefer one over the others but I can't afford to get one of each different type. LOL So if you liked the Ergo and it worked for you? Keep it and save the cash.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okaaaay, I suppose you all are right. I guess I am in a spending mode and trying to find a way to justify it, lol. Thanks!
February 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are so similar you don't really need both.
February 27th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
You could always get one and then sell the one you like least.

I have a beco and a moby but don't feel like they are similar so can justify having both. I also have a mai tei knock off. Not my favorite.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search