We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Ill probably do one again.
I want to make sure I get my drugs when I want them.
I want to make sure the eye ointment is a NO GO.
I do not want skin to skin after baby comes out, please place him on me on a blanket.
Other than that I want it known who will not be in the room and who will for delivery.
I will be video taping.
And immediately after birth I want hubby to go get my girls and ONLY allow my girls in for a while so they can have sibling bonding.
Then other visitors can come.
I don't really have one because I'm having a c-section but I make sure everyone knows that I am breastfeeding so no bottles or pacis, keep the IV fluids as low as possible because I have RA and swell PP enough, and my DH will go with the baby to the nursery (actually a requirement at our hospital!) after delivery.
I had thought I would do a birth plan, but now after being in the hospital for a week and getting to know the nurses and talking to them a bunch, I'm so much more comfortable with just letting them do their jobs without my weird first-time-mom requests getting in the way.
The only thing I plan on letting them know now is my pain management preference (which I'm still trying to work out myself) and that I'd prefer not to have pitocin if possible.
I'm not sure. I would like to have a vaginal birth with an epi but I know that we will more than likely have a C section because of Twins. but I might just write out a basic one saying if I do go vaginal I want drugs and epi. I'm a big chicken and will be pushing 2 out....
My hospital gives a birth plan form to all moms-to-be to have completed by week 36 and it goes in your file. Important parts on mine are:
1) do not offer me drugs at all - i plan to go natural
2) i want to catch the baby as he comes out
3) DH cuts the cord and DH goes with baby if he needs to go to NICU or anywhere else
4) immediate skin to skin bonding for at least 2 hours after birth (this is protocol at my hospital, but they allow you to choose to have baby cleaned up first if you want or no skin to skin, etc)
5) i will be breastfeeding, so no pacifiers, formula, sugar water, etc for baby
6) do not tell me when to push, i will push when i feel the urge
7) no IV, but i will consent to a heplock
8) no hep B, no vitamin K (unless there is bruising) and no eye ointment