Baby Head Down??

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
.Jessica.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You would think I would remember after having so many kids when the baby goes head down. I had my midwife appt today and baby is still transverse. She didnt seem worried at all by it. But when should I start worrying? I really dont want to birth a breech baby at home. That would be scary.

Do you know if your baby is head down or not?

Last edited by .Jessica.; February 28th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
February 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Don't worry about it yet. You have lots of time. I've had friends that had babies turn in the last few weeks.

February 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Jillian. Baby still has plenty of time to turn head down.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I wouldn't worry until 36 weeks. You can check out Spinning Babies Home | spinningbabies.com though, they have tons of tips on stretches, etc to get baby to flip. But baby could always flip back at this point since there's usually still room.

February 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
And my baby was head down at the last ultrasound, but the tech told me there was still room and time for her to switch positions several more times. No need to worry about head down yet.

February 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby was head down two weeks ago but honestly I think he is switching all over..he seems to be spinning inside sometimes...so I am not worried right now..
February 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine was head down at my appointment yesterday. and when I said that was good the doctor just kind of chuckled and said that she will keep flipping for a good few weeks yet.

February 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My youngest was still flipping at 38 weeks. One day he was breech when they checked then two days later he was head down.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cole went from head down to breech in the week between my appts. last week. My ob didn't seem concerned at all I wouldn't worry!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
35-36 is when you want them to be head down. This baby was breech until recently

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luke was breech until this week. He is head down now. But the OB said he wouldn't be worried unless it was 36 weeks or later and he was breech. He was breech every ultrasound up until the 2 I have had this week. Here is hoping he stays head down!

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, plenty of time! Wyatt wasn't head down until 35 weeks. This baby is head down and has been since 18 weeks. But he's super low, and I think that's why he isn't flipping more.
February 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good timing! I just had an ultrasound yesterday and found out my little one is breech. I've never had a breech baby before, lol! (Devin was transverse up until about the third tri when he went head down; Kate was head down the entire time, but posterior right until I was in labor.) So it made me nervous! But I know there's time and space yet for them to turn. I'm going to be doing spinning babies exercises (mostly the inversions) just as an extra push to convince her to turn.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I think its normal for them to flip around until 35-36w. My babies have always been head down after 28 weeks. Had an u/s yesterday and baby girl is head down, and quite low!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I think one of my babies have moved head down from the kicks. I'll know in 2 weeks time at my next scan.

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search