Was this true for your kids?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newmommy710

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
I read an article online that said you can usually tell in utero if your baby will be a night owl or more active during the day based on when they move the most. I guess it means ou can guess their personality a bit. Do you believe that?

Karmen was active day and night in utero and didn't sleep through the night until she was 2. When was pregnant with her she woke me up almost every night. This baby is semi active during the day but seems to be still or sleep most of the night because I'm a verylight sleeper and she's never woken me up. She mostly just rolls around and repositions during the day she's not a karate kid.

I'm wondering if this is true. I'll be anxious to see when Blakely is born if she's a nightowl because she sure isn't now. Karmen was a fussy, active baby that hated to be rocked, swaddled, etc. Always wanted a pacifier.

My mom said this was true for my brother and I. The dr heard me crying in utero and i was very active. I was an active baby that cried alot and didn't sleep well. My brother was mellow inter and slept through the night at 6 weeks and happiest baby ever.

Thoughts?

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Last edited by LindseyB; February 28th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
February 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both my girls were super active in the womb at night mainly, but pretty active during the day as well.

Violet is very much a night owl now. Lily was a night owl, but she's become more of a morning person since turning 3. Both are very active and on the go all day. Lily STTN (six hours straight) around 2 months old. Violet woke to nurse at least once until she weaned at 17.5 months old. Both were pretty mellow babies though, they didn't cry much or get fussy. They just liked to play a lot and see things.

This baby is definitely just like the girls so far - mostly active at night (like after 7pm) and wakes me with kicking. But also tons of movements during the day.

February 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
My son was active ALL THE TIME and he was hard to get to sleep at night.

This baby is active at night, but she's so much calmer than DS was. We'll see how that plays out.

Right now she is dancing all over and it's mid afternoon.

February 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...it's hard to say with Chase. He is such my little energy ball now and has always been an early riser. He is gogogo until he crashes every night at 730. Ive tried moving his bedtime back in hopes that he will sleep in, but no such luck. 730 it is so he gets enough sleep. He didn't sleep through the night until 11 months, and even then it was like 7 to 3, then bottle/boob and back to sleep until 5. He wasn't nearly as active as Cole is in utero, so if this article is true, I'm in for it!!!!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 28th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DD was only active at certain times during the day. Never woke me up at night. She only woke once in the night for the first 4 weeks then slept through the night from then on out. With the occasional wake up from a nightmare.
February 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my son was only very active at night and when he was born that was pretty much his schedule. he started sleeping through the night at 14/15 mths.

my daughter seems to be following the same pattern. i don't know how i'm going to be up all night with a newborn and up all day with a toddler. pray for me lol.
LindseyB likes this.

February 28th, 2012, 06:17 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
I'm also worried about balancing the exhaustion of just one child during the day with a newborn.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search