Need some opinions/thoughts...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Veteran
As soon as my Ob's office opens, I'm calling them, but I wanted to get a feel of what you guys think.

I am a CNA in a nursing home. I really like it there, the residents, and most of my coworkers. I last worked Monday, and I noticed towards the end of my shift I was having a burning, shooting pain in my groin/pelvis area after lifting people. Now, I don't lift on my own, I always have help. It really concerned me. I'm kind of scared my dr will put me on light duty or bed rest.

Are any of you CNA's? If so, how long is it safe to work this job? I know everyone and every pregnancy is different, but I'm worried it's not safe to continue much longer.
February 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a CNA but I think it may be a possibility that you will be put on light duty. I know that's fairly common even in uncomplicated pregnancies in the 3rd trimester. Are you worried about how your work will respond?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 29th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Veteran
I am a little worried. My DON would like to have a scheduler, but admin won't let her. I know she would be willing to accomodate me, but admin won't. They've already said I can't work with a weight restriction.
February 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
My best friend was a CNA and had the same complaints you do. The doctor said if her body was used to the work she would be fine, but she continued to have pain. He took her off work at 8 months.

I hope your doctor helps you out more.

February 29th, 2012, 07:35 AM
aka shawna
first off, hats off that is some hard work when you're not pregnant, let alone with a belly.

i used to work with a woman who was heavily pregnant, she did light duty. and we all pitched in to help her out. if that is not possible, its very likely its time to look into a leave. i know in many cases, admins want to push you to above your limits, but you need to do whats best for baby and yourself hon. heres wishing you the best!
February 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Veteran
Yeah, I'm just exhausted after work. I'm limping from my sciatic nerve, my feet kill. Ugh. I think I may look into going back into doing home care for awhile for the last 2 months. This job is killing me!
February 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
No matter what your work says, you need to do what is best for you and baby. I work at a nursing home (Director of Social Services) and like you, our nursing home does not employ "light duty" CNA/LPN/RN staff. (Which I think is stupid) But, you have the hardest job in the whole building, so just listen to your body and your doctor. Take Care!

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
February 29th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm. Is there a way to work around admin? Like have your coworkers cover the heavy lifting without getting admin involved? It sounds like your body is telling you its too much. I know if you were my coworker, id be all over helping you if I weren't pregnant.id expect many of your coworkers may feel the same way... but idk how it works there. Also, my mil works home health and makes pretty good money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search