Baby shower exchange ideas

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I thought it would be helpful if everyone who is participating in the cyber shower posted some ideas or styles that you like. Is there something you really need, post it here. Are there certain types of clothing you dont like, or something you really love? Do you need blankets, or are you more of a halo sleep sack kind of mom. Are you wanted a few types of bottles to try out before you buy a bunch of one brand? Do you have a baby registry, let us know where!!!

Just post a few ideas to help each other out. lol
February 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally drew a blank on the part that asked us to specify if we wanted anything in particular when we sent our info to Taylor I'm so not a lot of help.

Anyway, I tend to like more mini-adult style clothes versus clothes with critters and things.

I don't use bottles or pacifiers, so don't need those.

I like both Halo sleep sacks and blankets, it just depends on the baby. I don't have either for this baby yet, so blankets or a sleep sack would be good

ETA: thought of some more things - boyish hooded towels, burp cloths and socks.

Last edited by Twhylite21; February 29th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
February 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Good idea!

I like sleep gowns though I'm not sure if I will use them as much this time since karmen was born in dead winter.

I like cute soft blankets, receiving blankets for swaddling even though i bought a swaddleme blanket.

I love cute baby shoes, esp the soft sole kind and cute baby hats. I just bought the cutest pink crochet hat on etsy last night with a little white daisy looking crochet flower for her newborn pics.

I like easy-to-put-on baby clothes, rompers, sleepers in the beginning, etc.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great post!
I don't really use pacis and I have some breastflow bottles from carolne. So I'm good there. I also have a ton of bm storage stuff and breast pads.
I don't have boy burp clothes, hooded towels....really anthing for cutsey boy stuff. We got rid of everything after wyatt, and c is a girl. Haha were doing the nursery in antique planes, boats, cars. Think hobby lobby. Walls, light blue, and bedding white and navy blue.
As for receiving blankets, I'm getting aden and anias ones, and have a ton from the hossy from my ld nurse friend. I've got a bunch of onsie, sleeper sort of stuff, but no outfits at all.
So, what I need is the cute fun stuff! Haha even boy baby toys, haha just keep in mind t gets crazy hot here and humid, south texas and all.
February 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great Idea Shannon!

I want to get a new set of things for this baby so it feels new. I know, i'm strange. I want a new bath towel, new set of face cloths (not burp cloths, have those)

I have nearly no NB outfits. I have big babies, so I doubt i'll really need them but it could be good to have 1 or 2 on hand

I need plain white onesies 0-3 or 3-6.

Lauren's nursery is a lamb theme. Light colored.

I am totally 100% overloaded on baby blankets.

I could always use practical things, like baby wash ( I prefer sents like lavender, apple, oatmeal or things for the diaper bag.
February 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I know whomever got me is struggling because I drew a blank on what to tell them!

I could use some larger swaddling blankets because they are useful for everything. You can never have enough burp cloths, hooded towels, or little snappy t-shirts. I'd also like a cute lovey (my DD has a Mickey Mouse head with a blanket bottom and loves it).

My only request is I don't use regular baby wash/lotions in case this baby has super sensitive skin like his big sis. So those type things wouldn't help me!

I'll come back and update as I get more ideas

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great idea!

I like and need pretty basic things. I will use gowns or one piece sleepers since I keep the house cold. I can always use hooded towels, wash cloths, burp cloths, and receiving blankets. I don't dress baby up much. All summer he will be wearing onesies. I have several newborn. But could use some bigger sizes.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I have an Amazon wishlist, so anything on there is helpful!

The only baby "gear" type things we dont have are baby bottles and the bath tub.

I need a wet bag for our cloth diapers, and disposable liners for them as well.

We dont have any baby socks.

We can always use baby washes ( i dont like scented ones though).

I am so set on baby clothes, but could really use plush blankets or even a size small Halo sleep sack.
February 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
This is a neat idea! We are Team Green, and have a ton of girl clothes from DD but not much in the way of gender neutral clothes in little sizes for when Baby is first home. Or gender neutral swaddle blankets, socks etc. I'm just so happy to participate in this as we aren't having a shower, so anything will be a ton of fun
February 29th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first baby so I don't really know what I need. I don't have any newborn clothes or sleepers. I have some clothes starting at 0-3 months and up to a year. I have some diapers and wipes, and bath stuff. That is about it. His nursery is an ocean theme (Nojo Sea Babies). I am registered at BRU but I know that different people like shopping for different stuff. So shop for what you like! I can probably use whatever it is! LOL.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
February 29th, 2012, 07:13 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great idea! I put a few things on mine and my registry as well. However, my person had nothing and I was clueless lol!!
I don't have any hooded towels (I love them lol), washcloths or bath stuff (I love the baby magic). I also want a few swaddle me, the light cotton ones. Burp cloths...BIBS! LOL
February 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
mini adult clothes including shoes style being a little punk/edgy skinny jeans, plaid, converse hightops

muslin wraps like aiden and anais
playtex binky latex pacifiers

cloth diapers any kind really cause I dont have a preference yet and accessories to go with like wet bags and cloth wipes ect.

stuff for camping with a baby not sure what that means lol be creative

My registries are at Babies r us under Rebecca Hansen-spencerport ny
and Onebabyregistry under Becky Hansen
**Anyone can look at them if they want their own inspiration or whatever.

March 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Great idea to do this post. I really didn't know what to put down.

I don't have any hooded towels or bath stuff.
I don't have any sleeper sacks or receiving blankets so any of these items can be helpful. I did include where I am registered at so you can always look there also.
March 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a few bottles, which is all I used with Kate, so I don't need anything there. I do need some nursing stuff... I really want to try Motherlove herbal nipple cream, cool packs for the boobs, a new nursing sleep bra since I stretched mine out so bad.

I love cloth dipes. I don't have much of anything in newborn size other than prefolds.

I have most of the basic clothes I need, but would like a couple cute outfits/dresses that are new for her.

I have enough blankets and I never liked hooded towels (or rather, Kate hated them...).

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search