When will you start packing your hospital bag?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this sudden overwhelming feeling I need to start getting my hospital bag together. I do like to have things in order early but this seems way early. I'm 31 weeks today. I think I will just start a slow process of buying things like gowns and toiletries and piece it together. I will be having a c section so I'm going to pack for at least 4 days though I'm hoping to leave earlier.

Also it's been so long since I have packed one I wonder what to pack. What will you be taking?

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably pack mine around 36 weeks or so and I take everything but the kitchen sink..lol, or atleast that's what DH says. I think I will take a pair of PJ's, several comfy outfits for during the day. My nursing bras and my belly bandit (I broke down and bought one, I figured it couldn't hurt). I'll take my makeup, even though I may not use it. Then I will need everything for baby. I think we took several outfits for Jackson, his little mittens, socks and what seemed like a ton of stuff. I will try to make a list so I don't forget anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will try to pack pretty much whatever I can at 36 weeks. last time I did not have everything packed and my MIL had to try to finish packing while I was in the hospital. I definitely want to be prepared this time.

February 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm actually going to pack either tonight or tomorrow, I think I have everything I need now. I get travel size everything...toothpaste, extra toothbrush, shampoo, etc. So that very few things have to be packed at the last minute.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

February 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to do it at 36 weeks too! I'm still online shopping for a couple nursing gowns..I take those, some granny panties for when the mesh ones are gone, fuzzy socks, magazines and books, my Kindle, toiletries, and chapstick for me. Then stuff for Big and little Aaron..just a basic diaper bag for him..it sure is coming up quick!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
February 29th, 2012, 01:49 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I will try to pack my bag around 36 weeks. Having trouble figuring out everything I should pack.
February 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
.Jessica.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wont be packing one since Im having the baby at home...but I DO need to get stuff ready for the baby's arrival but that will probably closer to 38 weeks.

February 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
probably at the beginning of april I will start packing. I buy travel size shampoo, conditioner, wash, etc. I'm taking babys stuff plus comfy clothes for me and a couple decent outfits to wear coming home. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready for "real" clothes I will be going home. One of the perks of working at the hospital is that we can usually talk the OBs into letting us go home after 24 hours or so as long as baby is fine and discharged by the pediatrician.

I had a robe last time that someone brought as a gift and that was nice. I'm also packing snacks this time for labor and the postpartum part.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 29th, 2012, 02:42 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I will probably pack around 36 weeks or so. I have a list of stuff I will buy in travel size, then a short list of stuff to grab at the last minute. I am going to try to pack less this time. I had way too much stuff last time!

February 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
probably around 34 wks

February 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
I forgot to mention my camera I just bought! With extra batteries.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
February 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I've mine done.
I have one bag for me with night wear slippers dressing gown, towels, pad's, disposable panties, breast pad's, cleanser, day/night cream, travel size shampoo conditioner toothpaste etc... A book, I pod, Camera, comfy clothes to go home.

I have one bag for the twins.
12 sleepsuits, 12 vests, 4 hats, mittens, 4 cardigan's, 4 cellular blankets, Diapers, diaper cream, cotton wool, changing mat, 4 burp cloths, 4 towels, wash bowl, breast pump. 4 bottles (just in case), 2 going home outfits.

I'll get DH to get some snacks and drinks.
I have to be prepared because with twins I could go in at any time.

[SIZE="3"]

February 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'll probably pack mine the beginning of April. I'm not taking a whole lot because last time I overpacked and it was just a bother. I'll take going home outfits for Junior and I, toiletries, pillow, Chapstick, camera, cell phone, charger, and my laptop for updates! I don't care much about wearing my own clothes in L&D or having the baby dressed up so I can leave them home. I'll also have a diaper bag packed in the car for the ride home.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably pack it around 35 weeks. My hospital typically discharges you after 12 hours for a vaginal birth with no issues, so I don't need much.

I'll pack my camera, extra batteries, nightgown, some clothes for me, clothes for baby, snacks, change of clothes for DH, toiletries, makeup and laptop.

March 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I packed mine at like 34 weeks last time..and going to wait until at least 36 this time. I do have some toiletries already packed/put together though; mine and some for DH, just in case he wants them. (With both boys, we had an extended L&D stay due to jaundice). I already kind of know what pjs/outfits etc I am going to take, but I won't pack them until 36/37-ish weeks this time, I hope.
LOL..I'm such a planner, its going to be hard. I still need to get some nursing supplies, extra batteries, and an extra memory card so that if one doesn't work I'll be covered. I'm planning on taking my tablet, my cell, and both chargers; which will cover me both during labor and after as far as things to do. I'm going to try to narrow down just a couple of things to take for her; but its going to be SO hard! I always overpack for everything. I hate feeling unprepared!

I'm also thinking about packing a "boys bag" with some snacks/games etc for DH & my boys for when they are there; but I haven't really decided on that yet. It would just be a small one though.

March 1st, 2012, 06:32 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't thought about it to much but probably around 36 weeks I will start packing it. I plan to bring comfy clothes ,nightgowns, robe, my own pillow, snacks, tolietries, slippers, breast pads, nursing bra, granny panties, coming home outfit,camera,cell phone and charger,laptop...

For baby I think I am just going to take some sleep gowns with the gloves attached, a few diapers, blanket, and a coming home outfit. We live like 5 minutes down the street from the hospital so he won't need much...
March 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I probably wont pack it until after Easter. There are things I want to bring that I still want to use right now, like my yoga pants and such. I will bring 2-3 "outfits": a nursing night gown and matching robe set a bought for first day, and probably a couple maternity Tees and some yoga pants, and some comfry nursing sleep bras. Then some toiletrees of course and some other little "essentials" like my ipod, a nail clippers and file. Of course the camera and video camer and the laptop too. I can't think of anything else right now.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
March 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I will be packing mine around 36 weeks. I won't need much.

Me:
1 nursing tank
1 nursing bra
1 t-shirt
1 pj pants
2 cheap-o underwear
electronics and chargers
basic eye make-up(eye liner and shadow)
toothbrush and toothpaste
brush
body wash(they have decent towels and wash cloths there)

For Trinity:
1-2 sleepers
1 cotton dress for going home
2 pair socks(1 for feet and 1 for her hands)
1 pink receiving blanket
1 hat(they give each baby a hand crochet hat when they are born)

We will be using sposies until her cord falls off..So I am sure DH and I will stop on the way home to grab a pack of those, and anything else we need. My hospital has a 24hr snack room for the L&D floor. That includes crackers, fruit, soda(little small cans), juice and popsicles..Then of course the usual ice chips/cold water machine. We have unlimited access to this room, as does our spouse and children.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I'm pretty confident I won't go into labor on my own prior to my scheduled section, I will probably pack the Sunday before so, when I am 38 weeks.
March 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I probably wont pack till april mainly because I dont have anything I need yet and my showers are the last 3 saturdays in March and Ill budget for some nursing clothes and bras for April. So probably 37 weeks or so. I don't think Ill take too much maybe like 2 nb outfits and 2 0-3 outfits 2 outfits for me, and a nursing gown plus 2-4 bras and then the little stuff like toiletries and whatnot. And the camera and a lovey for Liam.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search