OT-Suggestions?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By chicknlittle
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, so about my wedding!

We set a date of Sept 15, well, we are having a heck of a time finding a venue in our budget. Our budget is pretty small anyhow. I seriously want to be married...like now.
He doesn't want to go to the courthouse, I don't either. We just talked about pushing it back till next year and that made me SO sad. Anyone else have any suggestions of what/how/when? Any ideas thrown out would be great.
March 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Is there a park around you?

My cousin got married in Ohio at a beautiful little place outside. I need to ask her what the pricing was and where it was. It was lovely and inexpensive.

She's in Columbus. Is that close to you?

March 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Yup, only an hour away!
March 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Okay, I'll ask her tonight or tomorrow.

March 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Ohio Wedding Chapel Garden Weddings

Okay. It has plastic chairs, but don't let that mess you up. Her pictures are really nice. Promise. I'm picky about everything.

She recommends the Garden Pavilion so that's why I linked it.

March 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think at a park somewhere is a great idea Jillian. I know if I were to do it all over again I would do it outside.

We got married at my in laws house by a justice of the peace. We didn't have a huge budget. If I would have waited until I could afford my dream wedding I would probably never have been able to get married lol.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
March 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Super Mommy
Is this for the ceremony or reception?

Anyone have a great backyard??
March 2nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
aka shawna
congratulations on your engagement! go some place spontaneous and memorable. beautiful even. but doesnt require money. my husband and i got married at a beach, 4 hours away. it is now a place we like to visit at least once a year, usually more. the wedding itself, cost 100 bucks. and that was just to get the lady to travel to marry us off. i didn't even wear a dress and we just had my dad and sister as a witness. but the honey moon was hilarious and only costed 12 bucks. not the kind you see in those honey moon packets. we went camping in the middle of nowhere right off the beach, we didn't prepare at all. we had a used tent that had a missing pole and an inflatable bed and the clothes on our backs. totally forgot sleeping bags! it was raining, and cold and the only food we brought was a package of donuts, which i brought into our tent. woke up to some clawing and breathing sounds, mind you, this was my hubby's first time in the states. he thought it was a bear. it kept trying to get into the tent and he was freaking out and told me to run to the car. it ended up being a harmless hungry racoon, and my husband threw out our only food, so he wouldnt get eaten himself.

hands down, our fondest memory together! i don't think you need to put alot of money into a wedding. above all else, just have fun with it! you will always remember that day, just because that is the day you commit to spend the rest of your life together. any minor bumps in the road make it all the more memorable!
.:fearless:., muffin300 and JsBaby like this.
March 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is Sept 15 a really important date? DH and I got married on a Sunday instead of a Sat, and split the cost of reserving the inn with the couple who got married on Saturday. (They didn't really want/need to use the inn that night since they had a morning/lunchtime wedding; so it worked out great.) And, caterers/photographers etc tend to discount prices b/c it doesn't take up their whole weekend.

March 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
these are good suggestions..where were you ladies when I got married? I think parks or fields work great for weddings personally.

March 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister got married outside at a local botanical garden. It was inexpensive and beautiful. It was June so all the flowers that are aleady there were great decoration. Congrats on your engagement!
March 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not too get too personal but If I had an idea of your budget range I may be able to throw out some ideas.

For example, my wedding was in the 20K range & it wasn't even super fancy. I know you can get married at a destination for 2-5k. Below that, I could still come up with something!

So exciting!
March 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
We ended up doing a destination-ish wedding. We got married in Eureka Springs AR- at the Crescent hotel. (DH wanted to go there because it's suppose to be haunted). But they had tons of packages that included pretty much everything, and since it was close enough for us, we were still able to have family come. The only others that actually stayed was DH's best friend and his wife.

But look for specialty hotels (touristy types) they tend to have great packages, and they hook you up with everything, including a minister, music, flowers ect..!

March 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks ladies! If your in the FB group....you know already.

We got it figured out! We are doing a destination. We are going to a beach at the end of this month Just him and I. I still have to find my dress, his shoes and mine as well. I got his outfit tonight at American Eagle, white shorts and a long sleeve light blue button up. He looks super handsome in it and it made my heart flip.

AGH! I am getting married!!!
Sa712 likes this.
March 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay I am so happy for you! It sounds like you are doing what makes YOU happy which is so important with a wedding I hope you share more details as the date nears and of course pictures of the big day! DH and I had a budget wedding as well but we did make sure to have professional photography (with a minimum package) and I'm so glad we invested in that because it's so nice to look at them, display them, and share them with people

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
March 3rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
We got married in my backyard. We rented a tent and chairs and it was beautiful. White Christmas lights make everything look pretty Hope you find something wonderful that fits you perfectly!

Edited: Because I read more! Congrats! So glad you found something wonderful! We bought our outfits at Banana Republic Even my dress. So excited to see your pictures!

Last edited by imdawn; March 3rd, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
March 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Im glad you figured it out, sounds like it will be beautiful! We had our wedding on the lakeshore at the camp we worked at, It was cheap and amazing lol! Im sure your wedding will be beautiful!

March 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Since you are going with the beach, I have one thing that I highly recommend.

Have A Backup Plan!

Our wedding was on a beautiful beach near our town. It was the beginning of August during one of the hottest summers in years. We hadn't had rain of any kind in months. Wouldn't you know it on the day of the wedding it poured with rain. Luckily, we had a backup plan and it dried up in time for us to get some great pictures with very dramatic skies in the background.
March 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM
They have a backup plan for us already
Lisa H likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search