So excited! Finally!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rmarie9509
  • 1 Post By chicknlittle
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I say this carefully, due to the recent drama I apparently missed...So NOT trying to stir anything up.

I had very minor disappointment over this baby being a boy. I'm not sure if we will have more kids. I have a very close relationship with my mom and was really hoping for a girl and that same relationship. And, as superficial as it is, I wanted girl clothes!

But the other day, I was thinking about pulling out DS's clothes for this little guy and got teary eyed! Happy teary-eyed. Now that was awkward because I was in the middle of teaching! But it was the first time I got really excited about the fact that I'm having another little boy. Now, I've been excited all along that I'm having a baby and excited that Jake will have a brother, etc. But now I am finally just so darn excited for little boy clothes, little boy shoes, my little family with a bunch of momma's boys!

Though now, I just have to worry about their girlfriends!

March 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is almost how mine changed I see just how you feel and it is totally normal! YAY for more boys!
March 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
honestly I still havent gotten over the loss of shopping for girls clothes lol I go into the store and I just look at all the girls stuff hahaha! Luckily this is far from my last!

But I love my baby boy anyway!
imdawn likes this.

March 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!

March 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
aka shawna
aww, bless!exciting indeed! i absolutely adore boy clothes!

i have a nephew, whom i almost never see, even though he lives 17 miles away. anyhow, when i first found out my sister was having a boy, i was over the moon excited for her. namely so i can spoil the pants off him. which i've done many times over. but i don't know if they're just lazy, or our styles clash or their pride or whatever it is. but he never was put in the clothes i bought for him. every picture i see of him, he is wearing gray sweat pants and a boring old t shirt seemingly everyday. they never mix it up. it made me so sad. especially seeing his shoes...as i only buy brand name and i loved buying him little boy shoes, and they would buy fugly shoes that not only looked cheap, but were painfully obvious they were uncomfortable. i just can't get my head wrapped around that. we are not having any more children, so i can't dress a boy of my own and to see my nephew in the same things day in and day out, irritates me something awful. my hubby doesnt want me to purchase clothes for them anymore, as it just ends up being a wasteful for a reason i will never understand. so i will have to wait until my babies start having babies. and if i'm lucky enough to have a grandson, that little boy will be the best dressed kid ever. especially if i am babysitting!

so yes, there is always the unknown to look forward to. and our babies! either gender has cute clothes. but what makes those accessories even cuter, is having your own baby in them! bliss! also there is nothing cuter than a naked little baby with a smile that lights up the world!

this thread made me even more broody than i already am. i simply cannot wait to see our babies!
imdawn likes this.
March 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I know exactly how you feel! And I changed in the same way as well when I had ds2. I'm glad you/we are getting so excited..and that we are getting so close to putting these little ones in the clothes we are buying!

March 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad that you are excited. I felt a bit like you did when I first found out we were having a boy but we are working on his nursery and I have gotten him some new clothes and I am so thrilled to be having a boy. I can't even imagine this baby not being a boy now!! Although DH and I have decided to most likely try for one more baby and maybe that one will be a girl. I think the main reason I wanted a girl was the clothes.
imdawn likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search