Prenatal vitamins

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
How good are you at remembering to take them?

By far this is my worst job at it yet in 3 pregnancies. My first and second i RARELY forgot to take them, maybe once in a blue moon.

This time, i think i remember 2-3 times a week, sometimes only 1-2 times. Its really bad and im working on it, but OMG, i just cant remember, even when they are sitting on the counter right in front of me as i cook breakfast lunch and dinner every day.
March 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I don't even bother. I can't remember to take meds as it is. I didn't take them with any of my pregnancies. If you forget, you will be just fine

}
March 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I take mine in the morning when I give DS1 his vitamin. They sit right here on my desk and I rarely forget..I know with DS2 I set an alarm on my phone to remind me daily.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm anal about taking them and I always take them after I eat lunch. Taking them at the same time every day has helped me remember.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rarely miss..Aaron is in charge of them, lol..I get one every night before bed, along with vitamin d and stool softeners,(totally tmi)! He even got me a little weekly pill holder so we don't miss days! If not for him, I'd be in the same boat as you!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
March 5th, 2012, 10:01 AM
aka shawna
i keep them right at my reach in the living room and i still manage to forget some days. i think i'm forgeting subconciously. they still make me gag and yet, they're flinstones. ridiculous!
March 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I take them every morning, it's just routine for me. I've taken them daily (maybe missed a day or two here and there) since finding out I was pregnant with Lily, so that's been about 4.5 years straight now.

March 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I take them almost everyday now. I haven't been tolerating the extra iron I need very well, so I'm hoping the prenatal and diet change is good enough.

March 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been really bad with mine too. I have gotten better the last few days though...partly because I heard that extra magnesium could help my jaw pain. I try and take mine before bed. I've been taking at the same time that I've been taking my last dose of tylenol/etc., and that has helped.

March 5th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im horrible too!
March 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
On average I'd say I take them at least 4-6 days a week. There is always a day or 2 here and there that I forget. Now I have gone through spirts of time where I forget several days in a row or something, but then get back on track. So I guess I'd say I do alright

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
March 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent taken them..they made me so sick early in my pregnancy and I am terrible about remembering to take pills...I feel bad not taking them but the doc doesnt seem concerned...babies were born for centuries without them...
March 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Between the two doses of iron, my synthroid pill, calcium supplement and prenatal, I have to spread everything out so I don't get sick to my stomach. With the way the scheduling works out, I'm supposed to take my prenatal and calcium supplement together with dinner or before bed. For some reason, it makes it harder for me to remember (I'm better at taking pills first thing in the am), so I've been losing days here and there. In general though, I might miss a dose once a week if that, so I'd say I'm doing pretty good! lol

March 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
Uh yeah...pretty sure I haven't taken one since 20 weeks. But I was AMAZING at it the first trimester!
March 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to take them every day, but some days I forget, lol. I take the gummy ones though, so its not as much of a chore! With DD I would go weeks without missing one and then weeks without taking any, lol.

March 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I forget a lot, probably about twice a week. I was much better with DS. I was better at lots of things. I accredit that to having a toddler and being pregnant. Things are a little busier around here!

March 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Veteran
I have weeks where I take them religiously everyday then a week or two where I might once or twice. We buy all of our vitamins from GNC so I take a "prenatal pack" that consists or two prenatal formula pills with iron, one calcium pill, one DHA pill then I take an extra 18mg of iron so a total of 5 pills. The generic script I have doesn't have the recommended daily amount so I finally stopped filling it a few months ago and started buying them from GNC

March 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
this time around, I am totally on top of it! With my first pregnancy...I never took them. This time around, I think i've missed maybe 2 since I found out I was pregnant. I keep them on my nightstand and take them every night before I turn my light off. It's just part of my routine.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
March 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Veteran
My husband is a creature of habit. He's been taking a multivitamin every day for years. I'm the opposite- I find it really hard to make and keep habits. So he pulls out my vitamins every morning when he takes his. They are on the counter right next to the fridge and I have to walk by them 2-3 times while getting ready for work in the morning- so it's easy to remember. Right now I'm taking a prenatal, an iron pill (borderline anemic), DHA, and Zantac 75 every morning. If I forget the Zantac, I'm pretty miserable by 3pm, which also helps me to remember. If DH wasn't helping, I know I'd forget a lot more often. Oh... and if you're still getting nauseous when you take pills (I am), I've found that it helps to gulp them down with less water.
March 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i put my vitamins right by my toothbrush, I have paper cups in there and never forget to take them at night...before i put them there, i would forget all the time...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search