Does anyone else NOT love the feeling of baby moving

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mamma J
  • 1 Post By *MJ*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I mean gross..it's like a scene out of "Spaceballs" (younger folk google "Spaceballs alien scene.")

It honestly feels like she bruising my inner stomach wall. Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I grasped her leg...is that even possible?
March 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it can be a bit weird sometime but I love feeling him move, let's me know he's doing okay in there.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
it doesn't creep me out, but it hurts. i had 3 surgeries on my uterus the year prior to getting pregnant, so i have a lot of scar tissue that hurts, esp when kicked or punched lol. other than that, i think it's pretty cool.

March 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Oh it's possible...I'm constantly pushing Abby's feet out of my right side. The movements are starting to get to be painful for me too. Not all the time, but at least once per day. And when she's really active it's hard to ignore because it's so strong. Still, this being my last baby I know I'll miss my belly and being the only one to really feel every movement!
dream2bemommy22 likes this.

March 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
So far the moving and stuff hasnt bothered me but I dont like hiccups they drive me insane!

March 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
in general I love it just knowing it is my baby and what an amazing thing the body is....other times I have to admit it is seriously freaky, and makes me feel weird. she does this digging thing down near my hip...it seriously feels like I have a hamster burrowing in my side. I can even feel little finger feeling scrapes lol. and yes legs and what not on the out side.

March 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
EVERYONE always says it may be uncomfortable, but they still love it for some reason. Well I'm with you sister! It creeps me out! Both pregnancies. I don't know why everyone else enjoys it. Another person moving around inside you? Aghgh, no thank you! I like my guts to not be kicked and punched and sloshed about thankyouverymuch. But I love the end result of holding a newborn Glad it isn't just me!
Sa712 likes this.
March 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm one that likes most baby movement. But this baby is burrowing into my ribs a bit and that feels really odd and I'm not a fan. Neither of my girls ever did that.

March 6th, 2012, 08:49 PM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
I love the movements. However I cringe when she digs her heels in the same spot on my upper right side. I swear I have bruises there.

March 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been know to actually call out the baby's name when they hurt me with their movements. I remember the first time I did it with Aaron. This kid isn't even born yet and I'm already yelling at them =( But, I like knowing he's okay in there, but sometimes it can be painful and/or annoying.
DH did ask me what it was like having another person moving around inside of me. I've been pregnant three times now in 4 years, so I'm pretty use to it. It's actually weird for me NOT to be pregnant.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 7th, 2012, 04:45 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Each of the movements in my pregnancies have been SO DIFFERENT. Mackenzie would ball up, but i would rarely get kicks. Charlie would kick like crazy up high all the time and Olivia brushed her body along my insides. I can feel knees, elbows, heads butts all the time. It is kind of creepy, DH hates when i make him feel it, lol. But i do still love that bond i have with her feeling her all day. Now that she is getting bigger, its getting more distinguished though, and its very new and strange to me!
March 7th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I generally like it and find it interesting to watch, but when she gets super active for awhile I will eventually feel like "OK that's enough you can settle down for a rest now!" Especially if I am tired/sore or trying to sleep. I also *Hate* the hiccups! Thankfully, she doesn't get them very often. DS1 & 2 had them daily.

March 7th, 2012, 06:21 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I think it's really cool, but when it gets painful I'm not as excited!! I'm trying to appreciate these movements as much as possible since it's my last pregnancy (I am 97% sure). It's not always easy at the end of the day when I'm getting bladder jabs!! Pretty amazing how big she is now and DH thinks it's awesome. So that makes it better.

March 7th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Veteran
I don't mind it unless hes up under my rib cage! For some reason that creeps me out!

March 7th, 2012, 07:06 AM
aka shawna
i love the reassurrance. because most often she is a quiet little boog. but when she's on one, its almost as if she's trying to shake her way out. i can see her jiggle and it makes my belly vibrate. its fairly uncomfortable and a bit freakish.
March 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
The first time I was pregnant, with DD, I remember laying on my back in a luke-warm bath which flattened out my tummy quite a bit. All of a sudden I saw this lump move from one side to the other, slowly. The next time the lump moved, it was a very clear outline of the bottom of a foot. I freaked out, sat up and called DH to come upstairs. It freaked the h3ll out of me, and I remember telling him it was time to get the alien baby out of me, lol. I calmed down for subsequent big moves, and began to embrace them, but that bathtub day will haunt me forever!!

Movements with this baby have been painful the past week or so, I think s/he is too boney and big for the space!
March 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I typically love feeling and watching her move too. Except when I'm either trying to sleep or she starts trying to push her way out through my side.

I can sit for a long time and just watch my belly move. I really missed it after DS was born- even with the phantom movements.

Yea- for first timers- you can still get phantom movements for a little while after you give birth.

March 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by *SamF* View Post
I typically love feeling and watching her move too. Except when I'm either trying to sleep or she starts trying to push her way out through my side.

I can sit for a long time and just watch my belly move. I really missed it after DS was born- even with the phantom movements.

Yea- for first timers- you can still get phantom movements for a little while after you give birth.
Yep! I got those flutters and jabs for years!!!

March 7th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I totally had Phantom moves for months after Kendall was born. It's not that I don't love having her close to me but my belly is really tight and when she really gets going it's like my organs feel all bruised. Kendall was also posterior so I didn't get these defined movements as often. The other day I was patting Laurens bumb!
March 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I really love the movement, but I can understand how some wouldn't like it. It is pretty strange when you think about it This baby does hurt more than Jake did. But, I even like those. I may be singing a different song when it gets even worse though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search