Oh...Oh...OUCH!!!!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Jillian*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
So I've been walking at least 2 miles 4 times a week to build up my lost muscle tone and just stay active. The last several days I have experienced some really horrible pubic bone pain. Just in the front. It's gotten worse, but not so bad I can't walk. It hurts at the end of the day and in the morning after I've been still for a long time.

I find it on Google and it explains how it feels exactly. I can barely lift my leg to get on the bed or put my pants on. I have to sit down for that job now!
Pubic Symphysis Diastasis - Pubic Bone Pain in Pregnancy

Anyone else ever have this? It's rough! I'm worried I'll have to stop walking, but I really want to be ready for labor.
KatNJerPlus2 likes this.

March 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Yep! It gets worse through out the day for me. Actually trying to roll over in bed causes some of the worst pain!
I've heard it's worse in 2nd/3rd pregnancies.

Good for you on walking! Hope it helps keep the muscles built up!

March 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM
That's how I felt too! I was trying to roll to my side last night and I started crying! It was like my bone was stretching and didn't want to. AWFUL! Luckily I feel a little relief today, but I've been in bed most of the morning forcing my kid to watch tv with me

I was wondering if this was some freak thing! And yeah, I'm hoping the walking helps. Those 2 months of doing nothing made me mushy. I swam almost everyday with my last pregnancy and it kept me in shape without putting this strain on my body. I feel old.

March 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for walking, but boo for SPD! I've never had it, but I've had a few friends with it really bad.

March 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yup I have it this time. there are ways you can move that will limit the pain and also rest helps. stepping on uneven surfaces with one leg even slightly lower then the other makes mine a lot worse. but stairs don't. go figure. mine is also worst at night when moving in bed. just remember to keep those legs together when you move in bed and that helps. sucks huh!

oh and walking will help. but it does hurt more at first. taking more resting days at first in between the walking days like you did today sounds like a good idea.
March 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'm glad to hear that walking can help the situation. I don't want to give that up!

March 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Veteran
Every.single.day for the past two months. It's horrible. My Ob suggested a maternity support belt.

March 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the pain. I have had some pain but I don't think it's as bad as what your having. Keep up the walking. Hopefully it will make labor go easier. I've been trying to work out and walk and I hope that it makes labor easier.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes! I have had this for about a month now. I tried explaining the pain to DH and all I could say was it felt like my body was trying to separate up the middle lol. this explains it better I should show him.

March 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes, yes and well, yes. Rolling over or laying a certain way in bed makes it hurt the worst. In the morning it is pretty bad, I get up and leave for work within a half hour of being up...then I am in the car for about 45 min. That is bad. I find that if I sit for awhile without moving it gets worse. The more I move around, the better I feel. Nothing helps at night, nothing. Mike says I "whine and cry" almost all night even though it isn't really waking me up. I hope you find some relief soon!
March 10th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you ladies find some relief!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search