Post baby weight loss question

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chicknlittle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have sort of ended up in a fairly "clean" style diet lately, with all the mouth/tooth issues I've been having. I was really getting worried about my diet in general since I was so limited in food choices, and started having homemade fruit smoothies for breakfast. And, I started feeling really sick/dizzy in the mornings after my daily dr. pepper; so I started cutting back and haven't had a caffeinated soda since Wednesday morning..this is HUGE for me by the way. So I've gotten a good kick in a healthy direction. (I still indulge a lot in sweets/carbs/"bad" foods; def not doing TOTALLY healthy. But while I can get away with it, I'm gonna enjoy it! )

So, with the healthy changes I've made recently; I was thinking about post baby weight loss etc. I'm not really planning on making any effort for the first 6-8 weeks as far as exercise/diet etc.,I def. want to focus on breastfeeding, recovery etc. until I feel a little more like myself again. But, I'm thinking about trying to continue to keep eating pretty healthy/"clean" after baby girl gets here to just help it along. My kids have always had issues with dairy too, and I am seriously considering cutting dairy out of my diet around 37 weeks to help with that too. What do you plan on doing? I would really like to put an emphasis on getting my body back fairly quickly this year, with DS2 I waited until he was 3 years old to focus on it, and it was SO much harder to break the bad habits I had formed.

March 10th, 2012, 05:55 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
High protein low carb is pretty much how our diets go. We don't drink soda and cut out the junk and fast food.I try to get 60 g of protein at least a day. The more in, the more I Lose.

}
March 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I could not ask for more.
I plan on going on a weight watchers for nursing mothers when Aubrey is about 6-8 weeks old. It worked last time with Aiden so hopefully it'll work this time too.

March 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
aka shawna
i hate dieting. with my first i never did lose all of my weight, but i was content with a a little extra cushion.

this time however, i have more to lose... so, i'll have to do something. but i really struggle with will power. so hopefully an increase in excercise will help out. i'll be walking alot and since its summer, hopefully the added heat will help sweat off the pounds? that and i plan on doing zumba! i cannot deprive myself sweets, or carbs, so i will alter the intake and the choices and hopefully feel content. we shall see! i don't even want to think about it yet, i'm enjoying every single blissful naughty bite while i can!
Jennmarie likes this.
March 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I lost the baby weight fast with both girls, but then I put some on again while nursing Violet. Plus, I was fluffy to start.

Diet wise, I eat pretty healthy/clean. It's the exercise part that I tend to struggle with, mainly with finding time since DH isn't always so willing to watch the kids. I'm hoping to get back into a good exercise schedule and DH and I have already talked about him watching the 3 kids so I can do that, etc.

March 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already have my bounce back after baby work out video ready to go. so hopefully once working out is allowed again I can take some time out of my day to start with a good routine and hope I stay motivated. once I get good into a workout routine hopefully I just won't want so much junk food. I definitely go through phases of eating healthy or slacking off though.

March 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have big plans for PP weight loss! With DD, I got down to 3 lbs from my prepregnancy weight then gained 10! ugh. I just had little motivation because I knew i'd be having another c section. I'm getting my tubes tied so I'm anxious to focus on me again. I don't really have a diet plan but I will probably do the Weight Watchers & exercise bit
March 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Aiden369 View Post
I plan on going on a weight watchers for nursing mothers when Aubrey is about 6-8 weeks old. It worked last time with Aiden so hopefully it'll work this time too.
I'm going to start this way sooner than I did last time! Nursing helps you get so many points it's not even like a diet to me!

March 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not a big dieter. So, I try to just focus on balance and making my own meals and snacks. Hopefully the weight comes off as easy with this pregnancy as it did with my first. I lost all but 5-10 pounds or so before I even left the hospital. The rest came off during breastfeeding. Once I stopped breastfeeding, I gained 5-10 pounds though. I hope to avoid that this time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search