Diapers

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 05:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Disposable Diaper mommies: What brand of disposable diapers will you be getting? Will you get a variety or do you prefer one brand over another? How many newborn diapers will you be getting?

For Cloth Dkiaper mommies: What brand of cloth diapers will you be getting? Will you get a variety or do you prefer one brand over another? Have you used cloth diapers before? Will you get a variety of sizes?

Anybody planning on using both disposable and cloth diapers?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 12th, 2012, 06:12 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
For Cloth Dkiaper mommies: What brand of cloth diapers will you be getting? Will you get a variety or do you prefer one brand over another? Have you used cloth diapers before? Will you get a variety of sizes?

For her newborn stash I am getting 8 small TKC AIO and 6 small TKC covers to go with 2 dozen prefolds. The TKC should be completed and mailed out this week!!!!

For her OS stash I am thinking about 12 Kawaii and 3-4 covers Size 2 Thirsties to go with the prefolds and flip inserts I already have.

I use cloth on DS2 at the moment. He has 9 OS FB, 2 OS Kawaii, 12 large pf and 12 Flip inserts and 4 Flip covers. Mainly I stick to the pockets, and use pf if I have a non-hyper toddler during a change.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 12th, 2012, 06:28 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I always use the pampers swaddles in NB for my babies when they are first born. After that I go to Target brand or Luvs. I just do not like huggies. They never seem to keep the moisture away from the skin enough for me.

I'm not sure how many to get though. I have 1 box of NB swaddlers now, 3 pkgs of size 1 and a target box of size 2.
KatNJerPlus2 likes this.

}
March 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM
aka shawna
pampers swaddlers for newborn here as well. i dont know if i prefer anything else we've only ever used pampers.
March 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ill be getting both. For nb cds Im getting mainly prefolds and thirsties covers. A few fitted and AIOs. I started with dd at 3 months so I have s-m prefolds and fuzzibunz for when shes older.

For sposies Ill probably get a pack of nb pampers and then switch to luvs.

[IMG][/IMG]

March 12th, 2012, 06:51 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on using both disposable and cloth. and a variety of both probably. for newborns though my favorite is pampers swaddlers.

March 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I used only Huggies on my DDs. So, we are pretty stock piled on Huggies again. I have to admit, all of the comments against Huggies is making me nervous. I will either be in good shape or will be donating a lot of diapers to the local pantry.
March 12th, 2012, 07:15 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
With all of my other kids, I have followed the whatever is on sale motto. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with leaks or diaper rash

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 12th, 2012, 07:23 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I use Pampers Swaddlers for a newborn (only because that's what the hospital uses and I knew nothing with Allison!). Then, I'll switch to Target or Sam's Club brand, depending on how fast this little guy grows. I have 2 boxes of 140 each. I got them on sale right after I found out I was pregnant!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
March 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Work is throwing me a disposables party so I'm expecting to get a lot of diapers there. That is what happened with DS and it worked out great because I got lots of different brands to try and actually didn't have to buy diapers until he was 3-4 months old. For DS, Huggies were best, but I'm willing to try whatever and see what works best for Jaxson.

March 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have always used pampers swaddlers for my babies until they outgrew them. I love them! After that, I either use the cruisers or the huggies supreme depending on how the baby is built.
March 12th, 2012, 10:42 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be using disposable. For newborn I will use Pampers Swaddlers. Will probably get 2 boxes then buy more if he is still in that size. I will continue to buy Pampers for the bigger sizes also. I tried then all with DS and Pampers was the only one that did not leak.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
We will most likely use a combo of both. i never had good luck with CD over night with my kids, they always leaked ( even with 2 inserts) So we used huggies overnights.

I prefer huggies to pampers, my kids have both had skin reactions from the pampers ( when they were older, not as newborns) So i may get some pampers swaddlers for the newborn stage, or i may just go with huggies. Most likely whatever is on sale. lol

For cloth we have a mix of Fuzzi bunz and Bum genius right now. I liked both brands when i cd my DS so im assuming i will still like them with DD.
March 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I could not ask for more.
The first 2 weeks I'll use pampers. Then I will switch to cloth diapers. I bought 24 Sunbaby pocket diapers. That's all we will need (hopefully) until potty training. This is my first time cloth diapering. I'm excited!

March 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the huggies newborn diapers, and pampers is my usual brand. I haven't bought any huggies so far, but have a decent amount of nb and size 1. I think I have one pack and one box of newborn, and the rest are 1s. I've just been picking up a pack every other time or so I go grocery shopping.

March 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I don't know which are better as this is my 1st but I have bought all Pampers

[SIZE="3"]

March 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I used pampers swaddlers, I only bought 1 pack of newborn diapers cause DD gained quickly!

I think I'll use Pampers again this time, I liked them better.
March 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are Pampers only pretty much. Pampers sensitive swaddlers and then regular pampers sensitive after that. Every once in awhile if I don't have a coupon for Pampers I will resort to Target diapers but they are definitely not my favorite.
March 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was totally overwhelmed by all the CD choices, so I just had a BTDT friend tell me what to buy.

She had me buy four boxes of the BumGenius Flip System day pack (Flip Diapers Day Pack with stay dry inserts & 2 diaper covers) which includes 2 covers and 6 inserts each.
March 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cloth diapering here. I'm mainly using diapers that I originally bought with Lily, then used for Vi as well. I did buy a few new ones though too.

For newborn stage, I have 48 prefolds (2 different sizes), 10 Kissaluv size 0 fitteds and then multiple covers from Bummis and Thirsties.

For infant to potty training stage (so around 6 weeks and up), I have 20 Fuzzibunz pockets (mix of small and mediums), 10 Thirsties size one Duo pockets, 24 BumGenius 3.0 one size pockets, 5 BumGenius 4.0 one size pockets, a few Flip covers and inserts and some other random things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search