Update on Cole and me...UPDATED

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll try to make this as brief as I can...
Ended up in L&D after monitoring Sat revealed a bunch of contractions. I was feeling maybe 3-4 an hour but really having 12-15! I was also 2.5 cm dilated and my cervix was shortening. They did another u/s to check on baby and he looked ok. The cord is still the same. They were just worried about his heart rate during the contractions.

So, they gave me the shot to stop contractions and two pills. The contractions stopped within 5 minutes and Cole's heart rate got much better, thank goodness. They also gave me my first steroid shot. They are concerned about my cocktail of medicines because of my fainting and blood sugar issues this pregnancy. I guess side effects of the meds are low bp and escalated blood sugar, which could be problematic for me. So far I'm ok though, just jittery and a bit nauseous. They let me choose whether or not to stay at the hospital or go home, so I chose to go home and be on strict bed rest.

I go in today for my 2nd shot, then over to the perinatologist's office for another consult, nst, and u/s. I hope everything goes ok. I am so exhausted and really emotional lately. I feel like such a crappy mom to Chase because I can hardly do anything with him besides cuddle and read a book. I also just don't feel like I'm "all there" mentally for Chase or DH. DH has been so great, sweet and helpful. Last night he rubbed my head and back for 45 minutes to help me fall asleep because I was so jittery and worried. And I am just snappy and absent and stressed out. Boo. I need to snap out of it.

Well so much for this being short! I'll update when I can.

*UPDATE*
I was admitted last night to the hospital. I was having too many contractions and Cole was having decels. I was started on magnesium sulfate and will b on it for at least two days. So far my contractions have slowed down a bit but they r still happening. I hope they start to calm down even more today. They think I might b here until I deliver. They want to stretch it 3 more weeks at least but are preparing us for an even earlier delivery. I appreciate how honest and up front they are being about everything.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; March 13th, 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: UPDATE
March 12th, 2012, 07:04 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Do you have help at home with Chase? I am glad the contractions stopped!

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 12th, 2012, 07:06 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. I wouldn't worry about not doing for Chase what you think you need to do right now. You need to focus on Cole right now. There will be plenty of time to be with Chase after Cole is born safe and sound. And I also wouldn't worry about DH. I'm sure he understands completely all the stress you are under. I hope your appt goes good and keep us updated. I'm still praying that Cole continues to do good and stay in for as long as possible.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies Yes, I have tons of help with Chase from DH. He has always been a hands-on dad and now does about 90% of things with him (baths, outside playing, bedtime routine, etc). I was working full time before my pregnancy health issues started, and Chase was going to school I taught at (it's a 2 year- 8th grade school), and he is still going there during the week and will b until June to keep some normalcy in his life.

Both of my boys (DS and DH) are handling all of the stress and changes like champs. I'm so proud and thankful of them.
Twhylite21, Jennmarie and imdawn like this.

March 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd say your emotions are completely normal for the situation and stress you are under. Sorry you are going through all of this. I think you are being a wonderful dedicated mother. I know it's hard for you with Chase, but there will be lots of time to make up to him after little Cole is here and safe. Maybe you could have DH lay by you and you can pamper him a little bit by scratching his back or something. Just a little way to show your appreciation too. It's amazing how DH can really step it up when they need too. Hang in there. We are praying for you and little Cole! Thanks for the update!
March 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble. I know all about feeling guilty about not being able to do anything with the other kids, and for feeling guilty because I am so distracted and have a hard time focusing on them at times. BUT don't beat yourself up over it. Honestly it probably bothers you way more than your LO. I hope everything goes ok at the dr appt today. <<Hugs>>.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

March 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This must be so tough for you all, so sorry you're going through this!
March 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I could not ask for more.
Gosh Kelleye, I wish you weren't going through any of this! I hope Cole bakes a few more weeks longer... But that's good they started you on the steroid shots. Keep us updated as much as you can... I'm worried about you!!

March 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Give yourself some grace. Your body is going through a lot right now. You can't expect too much of yourself. I know how hard it is to feel like you can't be there for DH and DS. It sounds like DH obviously understands what you are going through and isn't expecting too much of you. I'm sure DS doesn't really understand, but this is a relatively short period of time, and he will be perfectly fine. Just rest and again, I know it is easier said than done, but don't be so hard on yourself!

March 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
While I don't know the stress of the health issues/bed rest you're on; I can totally relate to your feeling guilty/inadequate. With all the mouth pain I've had lately; I was feeling the same way-like I wasn't being a good wife/mommy to the family I already have. I am 100% sure your DH just wants you and Cole to be healthy; and is more than willing to do what he has to do to help you both stay healthy; so try your best not to worry about that. Supporting/helping us is one way that they get to feel involved in the pregnancy too. And Chase probably notices a LOT less than you do. As long as he knows his mommy loves him to pieces, he will be content. I hate that you are having complications.

March 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have low blood pressure issues with the nifedipine I'm on for my contractions (aka procardia) -- my doc had me get a little wrist blood pressure monitor and I just have to check my BP before taking my pill. If it's above 90/50, I'm good; if not, I stand up and walk around a little bit and try again 10 minutes later. So far that's held off any side effects from the meds lowering my BP.

If you get headaches or dizziness from the pills, that's also totally normal -- happened to me for the first few days and it went away within a week.

Sorry to hear that you've joined us in the bedrest/meds club! You're doing great and Cole will be happy and healthy!
March 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad they were able to get contractions to stop! I hope Cole keeps baking for a while longer.

I think it's normal to feel guilty about Chase, but your DH sounds like he's helping a ton and I'm sure Chase is just happy to have you around - whether or not you can do everything you were doing a few weeks ago or not. He knows he is loved.

March 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much, but it is wonderful that your DH is handling it so well...
Hope Cole stays put for a while longer, and that you get good news at your appointments tomorrow!
March 13th, 2012, 08:20 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for all the stress and contractions and meds! I hope the bedrest keeps it all under control. Feeling guilty is totally normal, but you have to take care of yourself.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for your thoughts and kind words. I updated the first post,

March 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
aka shawna
oh sweets! i'm so sorry you're admitted so soon. don't sweat the guilt, i have no doubt your son lights up just be seeing his mama. i hope they can keep cole baking as long as possible, but its good you're being monitored continuously now. rest up mama!
March 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I could not ask for more.
Oh no... I really hope Cole stays baking for as long as possible.... I think staying at the hospital until delivery is probably the best and safest option. T&Ps.

March 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
myfav5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there Kellye! I am so sorry you are in there, but hopefully they get everything under control and Cole gets so more time. I am praying for you!

March 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Im glad you are in the hospital where you can be monitored and rest but I know it must suck. At least they are treating you like a human with a brain, that means a lot. I hope Cole keeps fighting and grows as big as he can. I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

March 13th, 2012, 09:58 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Sorry you got admitted. Hopefully you can keep Cole baking some more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search