**updated call the Dr? Warning Seriously TMI Seriously

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By *Jillian*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Okay Again Im going to warn you this is TMI but who else am I going to ask. Im serious if you are squeemish don't even read this.

So I've been constipated the whole pregnancy but it's been managable, tonight i went to the bathroom to have a BM and it had been only like a day or 2 since the last one. As soon as I sat down I could tell it was way too big and it wasn't going to feel good, but I've handled that before uncomfortable but okay. Well I went and then my first wipe felt weird so I looked and it was bright red blood and a little tiny clot. I immediately had a panic attack and stood up and the bowl was red and im freaking out. I quickly put some toilet paper to my vagina and checked it, but it was clean so then I realized the blood was coming from my rectum. After the first wipe there were no more clots and after a couple wipes it went away and the toilet paper was coming away clean. I'm wearing a pad now to see if it bleeds any more but even though its only been a few minutes it seems to be done.

I've had little tears before from constipation but this was a lot more blood. Do you think it was just a hemoroid? Should I call my midwife? I don't have a regular doctor. Liam is fine and moving around. I hate calling the answering service and I really dont want to have to go into the hospital just because I had too big a poop and have them do nothing but I've never had anything like that happen before.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Thanks everyone, there doesn't seem to be any lasting effects, maybe a little soreness, it was probably just a tear and the increased blood flow made it look really crazy. I went to walmart for some stool softeners but they didn't have any so Ill have to go to the drugstore tomorrow. As long as there are no other problems I don't feel the need to call my midwife, but if stool softener doesn't help or it happens again then I will.

Last edited by rmarie9509; March 12th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
March 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Sounds like a hemorrhoid or a tear. Unfortunately that is scary, but normal. You bleed easily from your rectum, plus you have extra blood flow anyway. Get off your feet for awhile!

Do you take stool softeners? If not get on that ASAP! It only gets worse after delivery and constipation is horrible.

March 12th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds exactly like my anal fissure, which I developed after my first baby. It comes and goes, but it's exactly as you say, bright red blood in the water and when you wipe, and it usually hurts. If that's what it is, I've been told there's really nothing they can do about it, except that I should stay not constipated and eat fiber and drink water. Helpful, right? So it's painful, and scary looking, but not dangerous.

*could also be hemorrhoids, which I also have, but those aren't quite so painful.
March 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When is your next appt? I would call tomorrow if it isn't in the next few days at least.
March 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a tear once... it would bleed every time I had a bowel movement. And it HURT to go. So I'd say it's either that or a hemmoroid. I don't know if there's anything much that can be done for them.... and they're pretty common/normal in pregnancy, unfortunately. Sucks though. and yes take some stool softeners ASAP!!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
stool softeners and maybe start mixing some metamucil in your water when you drink ( its a fiber powder). Also maybe switch to a prenatal gummy that doesnt have iron for a while.

I was so constipated in the beginning, it would take 5 days to have a bowel movement, and i had to *tmi* help it out a few times. Disgusting!!!

If you are bleeding or it is painful, you can go to the pharmacy and get some tucks pads and some pads and put them by your butt. They are cool little medicated pads that will help it heal ( ironically you can use them after your delivery to help with tearing.
March 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
stool softeners and maybe start mixing some metamucil in your water when you drink ( its a fiber powder). Also maybe switch to a prenatal gummy that doesnt have iron for a while.
I don't want to give up my vitamin completely because it's a prescription but do you think it would help to alternate with the iron free?

March 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Iron will constipate the heck out of you. I have a hard time taking mine and I'm even anemic, but I've been through some brutal constipation...much like Shannon had described. I use preventive measures now to ensure I never have to go through that pain again. If that means I can't take my vitamin everyday, I don't. I try to get it in my diet and hope for the best.

March 13th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try a suppository. Constipation has literally ripped me a new a-hole lol and nifty little hemmroid the size of Texas. It even hurts just sitting on the toilet. I've had a lot of bleeding in that area and the sup. helped.

I can't take my iron either b/c my consitipation is so bad, I feel like I might implode from all of the poop.

March 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a hemorrhoid or tear. I had an incident simmer to yours a couple of months ago. Stool softeners are awesome and keep drinking your water. Anyway, sorry that happened to you. It's always so scary seeing blood in the toilet when youre pregnant!
March 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I have had a lot of problem with constipation this pregnancy too, even after I stopped taking the iron supplement. My doctor has me on a daily regiment of Colace three times a day with meals and Miralax once a day. They have definitely softened up a bit so I don't feel like I am giving birth (TMI) and I am usually having one everyday.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
March 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexzmom View Post
I have had a lot of problem with constipation this pregnancy too, even after I stopped taking the iron supplement. My doctor has me on a daily regiment of Colace three times a day with meals and Miralax once a day. They have definitely softened up a bit so I don't feel like I am giving birth (TMI) and I am usually having one everyday.
lol i made a comment the other day that all my constipation must be practice for giving birth haha.

March 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I know I keep chiming in, but i really want you to remember to get this under control and not to stop even after giving birth. And if you nurse it is that much harder to stay hydrated like YOU need. Take this tip!! lol

Can you imagine sitting on the toilet and pushing like that with possible stitches and pain? It's horrible.

I love Miralax and I try to get some Fiber One bars or Bran flakes too. You won't be sorry!!

March 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know its been said but get the stool softrners and also the tucks pads.

[IMG][/IMG]

March 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I know I keep chiming in, but i really want you to remember to get this under control and not to stop even after giving birth. And if you nurse it is that much harder to stay hydrated like YOU need. Take this tip!! lol

Can you imagine sitting on the toilet and pushing like that with possible stitches and pain? It's horrible.

I love Miralax and I try to get some Fiber One bars or Bran flakes too. You won't be sorry!!
Im going to try the fiber one bars, I eat raisin bran every morning and make bran muffins frequently but apparently that's not helping at all.

March 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have found no matter what I eat or drink to help nothing works like stool softners for me. I had constipation worse with my other pregnancies. But I have still had some with this.

Nobody told me to take stool softners in the hospital. I came home after my c section and had the worst BM of my life. It was massive in size and like a rock. It was stuck half way out for a long time. Even my vagina was swollen from the pushing.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
March 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have only had constipation after delivery, but I agree with what everyone else said. You may be able to feel if it's a hemorrhoid back there, if it's external.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search