What are some silly things you're worried about with the new baby?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
not the birth, but the actual baby.

*I'm worried about not knowing how to properly clean my dd's vagina. I'm worried about getting poop in it and her getting infections.

*I'm worried about dressing a newborn. They are so tiny and their clothes always look too small to me. How am I supposed to get that head through that litlle hole lol. It doesn't help I'm a shakey person. Last time, I pushed the getting dressed part on my dh until ds was old enough for me to feel comfortable dressing him.

What are your silly worries about baby?

March 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My main immediate concern is jaundice. All my babies were born with it and I'm really hoping we don't end up having a 5-8 day hospital stay because of the need for lights or what not.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

March 13th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im worried about how I can love this baby as much as I love DD I know that it comes naturally but I just love my little girl so stinkin much I'm afraid a new baby is going to throw everything out of balance.
lunarmagic, StephL, *MJ* and 1 others like this.
March 13th, 2012, 07:04 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im worried about the circ.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just have a general anxiety over knowing "what to do" with a girl..but I know that I didn't have any idea what I was going to do with a boy..or 2 boys either; so I know it will come.
I am also worried about jaundice.

March 13th, 2012, 07:28 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm worried about jaundice because DD had it. Also, the circ, how do you take care of that?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
March 13th, 2012, 07:35 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I guess I'm a little worried about jaundice. I figure she will have it because most breastfed babies tend to get a bit jaundiced, but I'll nurse through it and get her some of that beautiful May sunshine!!!

I don't really know what my true concerns are. Just moving to having 2 kids worries me! I'm alone from 1 pm to midnight Monday through Friday so I worry about feeling overwhelmed.

March 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
Our June looks really busy so I'm worried about having a newborn and then on the run with the older girls. Worried about him not being in a routine or schedule. Worried about having him out and about. Worried about too busy of life and then nursing not going well. Whew! Ya, just nervous overall.
March 13th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to be worrying a lot about his health and development because it looks like he may be premature. I also worry about being able to share my love and attention with both boys.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
March 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Not having everything he needs.

}
March 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
aka shawna
silly things?

well, i've become irrational with clothes. will they match her skin tone. will they fit her? are they complimenting enough? not soft enough? will i have enough? really, its such a silly thing to think about. i think its my version of nesting. i'm also worried i'm not worried enough which is crazy 'cause i'm always worried! i'm just a nut!

non silly? i'm terribly worried about her health overall. and i've never had a baby in the states, so this is a whole new experience and i'm so nervous. ie, jaundice i was told will go away with natural light. no need to stress. out here i see photos of babies in a suntanning booth of some sort. what is that about?
March 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I could not ask for more.
I worried about the transition from 1 to 2 kids. I'm worried how my DS will react to his new sister. I'm worried about not knowing what to do... Everything came natural to me with zaiden so I'm hoping it'll come back but I forget how much they eat, need to sleep, etc.

March 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I guess I'm a little worried about jaundice. I figure she will have it because most breastfed babies tend to get a bit jaundiced, but I'll nurse through it and get her some of that beautiful May sunshine!!!

I don't really know what my true concerns are. Just moving to having 2 kids worries me! I'm alone from 1 pm to midnight Monday through Friday so I worry about feeling overwhelmed.
It won't be easy. But you'll find a routine that will work for you. I was doing that for a couple of years with the boys-having to do the whole dinner/bath/bed routine in the evenings with both of them. Since you have DH there in the mornings; I'd highly suggest getting your cooking done while you have help, so you won't have to try to cook with a newborn and a toddler, just have to heat it up. Shawna-they check the babies' bilirubin levels, and if it is too high (or low? I don't remember) then they babies basically lay under a UV light to get the concentrated effect until their levels get back within normal range.

March 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm worried about caring for the circ, jaundice (bc my daughter had it), and generally taking care of a newborn and a two year old.
March 13th, 2012, 11:01 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I may be in complete denial but I'm not worried about anything with the baby.

I'm worried about tangential things like how I'm going to find a crib and glider within the next 9 weeks...but for some reason my brain is totally chill with the idea of having this little person that I have no experience with.
March 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little worried that I must have been a nutter when I decided that having anlother 15 mos apart along with the 4 and 5 yr old was a good idea. Haha I'm just worried that it will be too much and I won't be able to handle it. Lol I guess a lot of second guessing myself. I know tjat I will adjust and do what needs done tho, cuz I always do. But yeah, I'm scared! Haha lord, I'm never gonna sleep again...
Also, I didn't take into account that I would be recovering from a c section either when I thought this all oiut. In fact, that didn't really occur to me in specifics until a few weeks ago! What I missed was how that c section would directly pertain to caroline. She's not walking yet...at all! How am I going to carry a 20lb child around a week after a c section? Cuz dh will be back at work, and I have to get her in and ot of the car, in and out of her crib, the high chair.... those are what I forgot to think about. Somebody tell me ill be able to do that and not seriously hurt myself???
March 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Silly-wise
I just started having the dreams that he's really a girl and I wasted all my time effort and money on a boy nursery lol but I know thats not going to happen because I just saw his big ole junk yesterday lol.

Not-so-silly
I'm worried about how the dogs will react. I know Sadie will be fine, but Charlie is a rescue and he's fearful and hard to manage at times so I don't know how he will react to a baby.

March 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am starting to have anxiety at night when I am in bed. My mind starts stressing over the baby actually coming out soon. I have not had or held a newborn in 7 years. I know my instict will kick in. It always does. But I still worry. They are just so tiny.

I worry about my repeat c section. I had no problems with the last and actually enjoyed having one compared to the pain of vaginal. But surgery scares me period. I worry about being away from home for days. I worry about having to get the boys to and from school afterwards.

My biggest worry is how my boys will deal with a new baby. I feel like since they are so much older he may cramp their style. I worry the crying will bother them. I worry about my youngest not being the baby anymore.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
March 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not so silly things:
1) slightly concerned about jaundice. Both my girls had it and I know that in most instances it's not a concern unless levels are over 20. My girls didn't need lights, but it was a PITA having to take them to get heel pricks daily for like a week each time. Jaundice is more prevalent in Asian babies as well, so I know that it's a high chance this baby will have it. I'm mainly concerned about arguing with the doctors over the need to do multiple heel pricks since in most cases sunshine and breastfeeding can resolve it and I don't think intervention is necessary unless level is over 20.

2) I'm concerned about changing the dynamic of our family. Lily transitioned so easily when Vi was born, but I can already tell that Vi's going to have a hard time with the baby. She told me the other night that the baby has to sleep back in my stomach after he's born and that she won't love him At least Lily seems excited about him though.

Silly things:
1) His clothes. I feel like the selection for boys is so much more limited than for girls. It's not quite as fun shopping for boy stuff for me, although I still do it all the time

2) Small concerns about having a boy for the first time, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Just the usual concerns about getting peed on, etc.

March 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Veteran
Not so silly: I'm worried about pumping at work. I think I'll probably end up using an empty office- but what if there isn't a private space available.

Silly: I worry that our cat will sit on the baby. He's not a huge fat cat, but I'm still worried that he'll hurt her in his attempt to cuddle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search