All the new mommies....

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
How is baby sleeping? Do they cry alot or seem pretty content for a newborn? How are you feeling and adjusting to a new little one? If there are siblings, how are they adjusting?

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
April 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to have him home and be able to answer these types of questions! I welcome little sleep and even a fussy baby if it means he's home with us.

My 7 year old is dying to meet Archer. He asks me all day when will he get to come home. They will not let anyone under 17 on the NICU wing. The nurse said it's because it's RSV season or something like that.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
April 29th, 2012, 04:17 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Haired_Mama View Post
I can't wait to have him home and be able to answer these types of questions! I welcome little sleep and even a fussy baby if it means he's home with us.

My 7 year old is dying to meet Archer. He asks me all day when will he get to come home. They will not let anyone under 17 on the NICU wing. The nurse said it's because it's RSV season or something like that.
This hits home and lots of mothers need to remember this. So many complain about the normal things that you go through with a newborn, but when you have to leave your baby at the hospital all that stuff would be a welcome thing. Hugs.

April 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Aww thanks

April 30th, 2012, 05:24 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is baby sleeping? pretty good actually now that we are not in the hospital where they keep waking her up. of course it was just our first night home so I have to admit, even though she slept well, I am just so obsessed with her i was awake most of the night still at least once an hour but I don't mind.
Do they cry a lot or seem pretty content for a newborn? she seems pretty content. I have only heard her cry a few times. and it was all legitimate reasons to cry.
How are you feeling and adjusting to a new little one? we just got home yesterday but so far loving it
If there are siblings, how are they adjusting? like a champ! he is doing so awesome.

April 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I could have written the above post literally word for word Things are going great! The transition from 1-2 has been so much easier for me than the transition from 0-1.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
April 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brayden sleeps well...or he was. He now seems to have his days and nights a little mixed up but since I'm still at home I'm able to nap with him during the day while DH watches the other kids. He is nursing like a champ..I'm still a little cracked and bleeding so its a little painful when he first latches on but its getting a little easier. He's nursing every 2-3 hours. Usually closer to 2.

All of his siblings are doing great ,even my 22 month old. Ethan (the youngest older brother) gives him kisses all the time and says "Aww...and "How Cute". Cady (my 4yo), loves him and wants to hold him and look at him constantly and has lots of questions (why does he eat milk out of your boobs? He's supposed to DRINK it!" and more. My 6yo isn't SUPER interested but he likes to touch his hair because its so soft.

I am stressed about going back to work. To the point where I've almost been to a panic attack several times. I have to go back June 4th and I just don't see how I can do it. I have severe seperation anxiety with my LO's when they are this little and I'm nursing. So I have no idea what I'll do if DH doesn't find a job so I can quit.

ETA: Brayden RARELY cries. He will grunt when he's hungry and he'll occasionally cry if I insist on changing his diaper BEFORE he nurses. But he's a really chill and relaxed baby! Thank goodness because Ethan (my last one!) was super stressed, colicky, with reflux, and screamed around the clock!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Last edited by ElizabethS; April 30th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
April 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira is super quiet and content. The pediatrician said she's extra sleepy all the time because she was three weeks premature; she would sleep her life away if we let her! We have to set alarms and wake her up every 3 hours to eat. Hubby and I are alternating who sleeps through the night and who wakes up to feed her, which so far is working pretty well.

She barely cries at all -- she fusses if she's waking up and hungry or if she has to poop, but otherwise she just makes little huffa fuffa snorty noises and that's it.

Because she's so easygoing, it's pretty easy on us, too. Right now she's downstairs napping in her Rock and Play sleeper in hubby's office while he works (he works out of the home).
April 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is baby sleeping? During the day GREAT, lol..and mostly at night he's alright, three night now he's been super fussy if I try to put him in the snuggle nest..he likes sleeping on my boobies!
Do they cry alot or seem pretty content for a newborn? He is VERY content, and likes to be held but does good in the swing or bouncer for up to an hour or so..
How are you feeling and adjusting to a new little one? We are all just in love with him..I'm adjusting to NOT being pregnant anymore..and wrapping my mind around the fact that I will never be preggo again..sigh..and more than a little disapointed that nursing didn't work out how I wanted...very happy that after everything that happened before his birth that he's here happy and healthy!
If there are siblings, how are they adjusting? They are doing good..a little more attention seeking, but they all beg to hold him and feed him..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
April 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brandy, any word on when Archer will be home??
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
April 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Junior is a great baby! He sleeps well, eating every 3 hours and even giving us a 4 hour stretch at night! This is an interesting situation for me because Allison ate every 2 hours like she swallowed an alarm clock and this not so little guy is happy with eating every 3 hours or so. I'm good- I didn't feel this good for weeks after my c-section with DD. Allison loves Junior, she wants to hug and kiss him all the time, help me with any need he has, and generally enjoys being a big sister!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
April 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Leddie I went today when I knew the doctor would be in. It's a different one this week. I was not leaving without an answer on when he was coming home. If all goes well it will be tomorrow!!!

May 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Awwww...I can't wait until you get to bring Archer home!! I can only imagine how hard it is to not have him home with you

Abby sleeps really well. She's not a fussy baby at all. I think i adjusted really really well this time around (with Aidan I had the baby blues pretty bad so it made adjusting hard). I think a lot of it has to do with the confidence DH and I have from being parents already and having had some experience. Aidan is adjusting...he's afraid to touch her and doesn't like when she cries, but he's coming around slowly and taking more of an interest in her. Overall, we're doing pretty great

May 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is baby sleeping? We had a few rough nights but I think we are figuring him out now so last night was a lot better. He wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to eat although sometimes I have to wake him. He is a momma's boy for sure. To go to sleep, he has to be near me, I guess he likes my smell. I don't even have to be holding or rocking him, he just wants to smell me. For the most part, he is only awake to eat and then he is back asleep again. We had a night where he screamed for 4 hours but that was the first time I had dairy milk. We think he may not tolerate dairy milk (DH was allergic to it as an infant) so I have been watching my intake and it has been better.

Do they cry alot or seem pretty content for a newborn? He cries when I change his diaper, when he is hungry or when he has gas but most of the rest of the time, he just grunts.

How are you feeling and adjusting to a new little one? I have had some emotional times, mostly because of DH. he has been WONDERFUL. I never in a million years imagined that he would be THIS awesome when it comes to taking care of Luke and my heart is just so full of love for him. He has to go back to work next week and it upsets me just to think about him going back. the night that Luke was up for 4 hours crying, I got very sad and frustrated because I couldn't get him to calm down and it really upset me. it was only our second night home and I was worried that was going to be his normal night routine. But last night was 110% better so I hope it was just a fluke and not eating dairy will help that not happen again.

If there are siblings, how are they adjusting? First baby. But the cats and dogs seem to be getting used to him.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search