Spinal Headache?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anybody ever get a headache from the epidural? I'm pretty sure that's what I've had going on? My head has been killing me. I had a blood patch done last Friday which stopped the pain for a day or two but then it came back so I don't think it took. I've called the dr and now just waiting to hear back about what to do. Does anybody else have any experience with these darn things? Just wondering if it will go away without another blood patch.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 1st, 2012, 06:35 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't get an epi so not for sure. Have a friend that had her baby & had severe headaches. She couldn't hardly lift her head. They went to the Er & she got a blood patch & it helped her get better. So it's quite possible that's what's going on with you. Hopefully your dr will call back soon. Take care!
May 1st, 2012, 06:51 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
UGH Im sorry

I had all kinds of issues from my EPI after Madison but was only ever given Tylenol 3.
I hope it gets better.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same thing!!!! They could not get my spinal in. I think it was ten to twenty minutes of them poking. I was miserable. I started having extreme head and neck aches afterwards. So much so one time I had just walked to the nicu and before I could even touch my baby I had to go back to my room. I felt horrible. I told my nurse and she said if it went away when I layed down it was a spinal headache. Sure enough it did. She called a different anestesiologist to my room and he did the blood patch. I felt some relief but not complete. And now that I am home I am getting them again. I was told caffeine is great for them so I am loading up. Of course I am not breastfeeding though. I really hope I don't have to get another patch done. I am so scarred from the botched spinal.

Let me know what your doctor says. I still need to call mine.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
May 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
my mom had this happen after her Epi with my younger brother, i cant remember if it went away on its own or if the OB had to do something, calling was a good choice. Hopefully they can help you!
May 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had this with Toryn. It was HORRIBLE. My blood patch never took. They wouldn't do another once they took my epi catheter out. I wouldn't recommend getting another either...they have to poke your epi spot again.

The suggestion they gave me was caffeine. To drink/eat LOTS of it as well as water. My lasted almost 2 weeks.

Hope you feel better soon!
May 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They patched mine I think since I was still in the hospital. He took blood from my arm then went back in with a needle to find the same exact spot. Luckily he didn't have to search as long as the first guy. I have noticed when I bend over the headache starts up. So I'm trying to limit that.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
May 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was my 4th C-section and I have never had one.. UNTIL NOW!!!.. OMG!!! I am in absolute PAIN!!!... It started a couple of days ago AFTER I was discharged from hospital of course... It seems to hit me like a sledgehammer when I bend over and stand back up... Its making me feel nauseous etc, not wanting to eat much and am barely functioning.... ugh... I have an appt with my dr in the morning and hoping she can do something... So sorry I don't have any advice for you but pure and utter sympathy...

May 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I haven't experienced that but just wanted to say I hope you find some relief. Hopefully sooner than later!

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search