Doctor says baby may get here in next 2-3 weeks..

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennmarie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM
I will be 36 weeks on Thursday. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said baby may be here in about 2 weeks maybe 3. She says she is in position. Is there anything I need to be doing? I'm walking a lot more. I really want to know if I should really expect my baby in the next 2 weeks, I am just so ready to meet her!!
May 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc told me if they could predict delivery dates, then she'd be a whole lot richer and not practicing medicine anymore. Unfortunately, your doc is basically just telling you what the odds already say..we are typically most likely to deliver between 38 wks and 40 wks anyways. It is SO aggravating to hear, but the honest truth is that baby will come when she's ready.
PauByrd likes this.

May 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, being in position is *great* but doesn't really give much of a timeline! Being active and walking a lot is really just giving me a lot of BH (that aren't doing much of anything), lol. The baby is the one who hormonally triggers labor in your body, so really it's up to them!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 1st, 2012, 01:01 PM
Not to go against your Dr., but I am and have been dialated to a 5 a 100% effaced and the baby is at a 0 station for a week and a half. The Dr's and L&D nurses thought for sure I wouldn't make it another day or two.

With that said, it is very hard to predict when you will delievery, it could be tomorrow or 3 weeks.. Enjoy the time you have, finish up the last minute things. Then take time to relax.
May 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i wouldnt put much stock into doctor estimates. They can look to see if your favorable, but it doesnt mean labor will happen anytime soon. She basically gave you a generalized guess, 2-3 weeks puts you at 38-39 weeks, so unless at the end of that time she is planning on inducing, thats the only way she would know for sure.

I walked around dialated with both kids from 36+ weeks and never went into labor on my own, or before 40 weeks for that matter.

When was your first daughter born, i would use that as more of a guestimate then a doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search