Birth Control

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TripleAmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So what is everyone planning on doing for birth control. After Jackson was born I went on the pill which is what I guess I will do again. It didn't mess with my milk supply so I'm hoping that it won't mess with it this time. We are planning on trying for another baby later this year but I want to make sure that we don't get pregnant again until we are ready.

Are you all planning on having more kids? Any idea on when you will try?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're unsure about if we are having another or not. We'll probably just use condoms for a bit.

May 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We're done having kids so I had a tubal during my c-section.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
May 31st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
We are using condoms....I'm BFing and I have PCOS so I know I'm not going to get AF for a long while, but better to play it safe! lol

May 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Condoms and most likely the pill. After Karmen I had the Mirena until may of last year. DH was in afghanistan so didn't need anything lol

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
May 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
3 has always been our number, but after this scary and trying pregnancy we didn't know if we wanted to go through that again. Well, we've decided we still want to give it a shot. Our family just doesn't feel complete yet. My OB said to wait 6 months so we will use condoms until October and then start ttc

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally avoiding thinking about BC. I'd been on the pill since 1996 prior to starting to try for the baby, so I've really liked having a synthetic hormone-free body for the last year. We don't like condoms that much though, and for some reason the idea of an IUD (hormone free) squicks me. So I'm not sure what we're going to do.
May 31st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had sex at 4 weeks and used a condom. I think we will stick with that until DH gets snipped. We are done but I didn't want to do a tubal. After reading about possible problems later I was too scared to do it. I can't do anything with hormones in it. We used the pull out method for 7 years and did fine and still only conceived when we tried to. But now that we are done for sure I don't want to chance it.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
May 31st, 2012, 02:27 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Condoms. DH is going to get snipped this summer.
I thought I was done but I kinda want another but this ones hospital bills are stacking up to $8,000 already so not sure if we can afford another with the economy this bad.

I had a IUD after Madison and it was horrible.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM
dee.76's Avatar Happy Mummy to 4 boys :)
We havent even attempted to find spare time to DTD yet.. Oh hang on.. yep once... (must have been memorable huh?... hehe ).. As I remember it was a pretty rushed ' omg we have 10 minutes spare without a toddler or a newborn to hold...' ... Kaelan won't sleep in his own crib so we barely touch each other these days.. sigh...

Anyway I am babbling, We will be pretty much in the NTNP boat.. It takes me a while to get pregnant so I would be hugely surprised if it happened too quickly... I am EBF also and we have decided we will be having just one more... and then that is definately it...

May 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We want to have at least one more but not anytime soon. I am thinking we will start TTC when Luke is about 2. Until then, IDK what we will do for birth control. We used a condom when we did it the other day. But I don't really like them. I don't want to do the pill cause it messed me up so bad and an IUD is scary. LOL. Kind of running low on options, huh?

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
May 31st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We've never used anything besides the pull out method. BFing did it for us for 17 months last time. I know we want one more but not until DH gets back from deployment in July 2014. We might have to use condoms or something because once my period comes back I'm pretty fertile.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 31st, 2012, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Diana, how funny would it be if we both got pregnant right around the same time again?

June 1st, 2012, 01:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree Shelley! And I think it would be cool to meet up some if we ever move to central California like we want to.
Twhylite21 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
aka shawna
my hubby is going to get the snip, but not until the winter. was aiming towards an IUD until then, but now i'm a bit scared after reading some peoples comments. is it really all that bad?
June 3rd, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
PCOS here too, we usually use pull and pray, but PP we use condoms. We'll probably also start trying later this year (we're trying for a boy) and I'm willing to try twice more (I love big families). If health and finances permit of course.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Veteran
I mentioned the copper IUD to my OB at my first post-partum appointment and it seems like he isn't a big fan. I don't do well on hormones, so I'm not sure how I'd do with the Mirena IUD. I guess DH and I need to discuss it further. We definitely can't afford to have two kids in the infant room at daycare.
June 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NFP here, I dont get pregnant easily and I'm oldish - and I know my body really well...with BFing Kaiden, I didnt ovulate (got pregnant that cycle but lost it to M/C) until he was 12 months old and I knew the exact day I ovulated, so I'm not worried at all...if we have an oops, then thats wonderful, but otherwise our family is complete and we are happy with that also...I will not be going back to the RE or doing IUI or anything like that again though, and I'll be happy to not deal with the stress of TTC ever again...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search