tummy time?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 10:55 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Blakely is not a fan of supervised tummy time. This is what she does. Its her superman pose. LOL It doesn't look comfortable.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
May 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahah, what a cutie! Kira really doesn't like tummy time either and will start crying instantly. I just make sure to hold her against my chest (her tummy to my chest) for a while each day and figure that probably works for now.
May 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hahaha so funny. Lydia is definitely not a fan of tummy time either.

May 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lindsey that is hysterical. I laughed out loud. Jacob hates it and screams out his dislike. I wonder if any babies like tummy time because I remember Jackson hating it also.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
LOL, too cute. I have never been one to force tummy time on my kids, and they all have been just fine. My first two werent fans and i just made sure they got neck strengthening skils from other positions.

I havent really tried it with Livi yet, becuase she is still sleeping a lot, and we have had family here for 10 days, so she is rarely put down, lol maybe when people live we will try it.
May 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
LOL Awwww that's cute!! Abby doesn't like it either...I think it's a rule that babies dislike tummy time lol.

May 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So cute!!

Grant has done tummy time a few times on a playmat just because that's how DH put him down. He pushes up with his arms and gets his head up, etc. I never did tummy time on a regular basis with the girls, I just would hold them on my chest, etc. They both crawled pretty early (4 months old), so it worked fine for them and they never got a flat head from being on their backs or anything like that either.

May 31st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think my babies are the odd ones out lol. Chase loved tummy time starting at about 6 weeks so we would do it multiple times a day. BUT he didn't start really crawling until 11 months lol, when most of the other babies in his PR were walking So I don't think it helped in that arena!!

Cole likes being on his tummy. I think it helps with his reflux and tummy troubles. When he is done with it though he starts to whimper politely lol. He also spends a lot of time on my chest too.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I dont actually do tummy time untill they can get on their stomach naturally. I like magda gerbers theory of natual grace better. I dont know if I will follow it religiously I mean I already put him in a swing, but for the most part Im allowing Liam to develop his motor skills on his terms. I wasn't completely sold but when I saw how he screams and slams his face into the floor when he's on his stomach my mind was fully made up When the pedi told us to start working on tummy time yesterday I just nodded and smiled.

Heres a couple articles if anyone is interested.
NO Tummy Time Necessary
The Case Against Tummy Time: Guest Post by Irene Gutteridge | Janet Lansbury

May 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR enjoys his tummy time! I think it the different textures on this floor mat. He'll do the Superman thing too, I think it's actually getting them ready for crawling. Last night, he was tired but fussy so I put him on his mat. He laid around for a few minutes and then fell asleep! I left him there for a good 20 minutes (I was laying right next to him on the floor so I wasn't worried).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
May 31st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome! LOL. Luke hates tummy time too but he doesn't do anything nearly as cute. He just screams.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
June 1st, 2012, 04:57 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer does the same pose! I'm on my phone now. But later I will upload his funny pic. Since he hates it so much we mostly do it with his tummy on mine. He has a really strong neck since week one. So I think he's fine with what we do.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran
Logan is alright with it! he actually manages to roll himself over onto his back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search